The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.
Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!
I have finally finished my Dread Elves, but only one model left to paint and base. My dare I say it. My beautiful manticore. But I go on just 3 boaring photos to show.
I finished magnetising the last 50 or so models.
A picture is my Dread Elve.
Fianly they are in a safe place.
What's next OK or BH [Read More]
Hi guys so I got board of sorting out my mess, but wanting to make some objective markers for the tournament I'm running in June.
I gathered up some long matches, glue, flock, cork and 40mm base's
I broke the cork into smaller pieces and glued them to the base.
Then I cut the matches in half and took off the strike end, then glued some spear banners I had laying around to the match.
While these dried I punched a whole through the cork for the match to go. Take care not to break the cork of at this point even though its glued it still easy to break it off doing this.
Glue the newly made banners into the whole and leave to dry.
When dry I sprayed them all black you can use any colour
I then painted the banners (you could always do your army colours) and cork I painted the to resemble rock using
When that all dried I add the flock using P.V.A
The first 5 of 20 look like this
so I cheated and it felt so good. I managed to get a game. I have to try harder to get finished now.
You have seen how I do the bases for the infantry do the same but measure for cavalry.
Using cheap watery supper gule (no point wasting your good stuff on this )
I put a dab of glue in each corner you can see the grooves the magnets sit well there.
Whilest the gule was drying on my cavary units I did my characters the same way. I use two magnets on top of each other for plastic model's and four using the same method on the metal ones.
They look a bit like this.
Over all project no games for me so sort my mess out is going slow but we'll. Almost one army down there to go. [Read More]
This morning I wanted to make some more movment trays. So I did. Findings from the first two trays I made. I did say that the P.V.A was ok in in the centner of the tray but on the edge it started to peel away. How I was wrong the whole of the magnetic rubber came away by the next day, so super glue all the way. Also I found that the trays are thinner than I hoped.
Here I cut out a template as before but this time I used the length of the card to cut the rest. I also trimmed all the trays a lttle bigger than needed.
Ending up like this
Next I cut them in half again just a bit bigger than I needed.
As before draw around the template to get a match for the magnetic rubber.
Using super gule not P.V.A to stick the magnetic sheet to the tray.
Leave to dry and then.
Putting them into my new case. Neat and tidy.
So for roughly 4 pounds and 45 minutes (including walking to my local supermarket to get more gule) I have movment trays for 140 infantry. Happy days☺ [Read More]
So thismorning the wife was at work and the kids at school. At this point I thought it would be a good idea to make some movment trays. The equipment used is in the picture below.
I made my self a template so I knew the right size. What I'm after here is 10 man infantry trays for ease. Ease for transport and ease for playing. Reforming and things like that.
Here I used my knife to mark out the right size template. Using a ruler (I was too lazy to find a metal ruler) I would recommend using a metal one. I scored the plasic card until it cut through and shaved the unwanted edges off.
So my first two movment trays☺
The picture underneath show the magnent sheet coming into play be marking around my template i have the right size and shape needed for the movment tray.
Not knowing what gule would be better for the job I used supper gule.
Here I used P.V.A gule
Now use supper gule it works a lot better the P. V.A worked ok in the centre but was rubbish on the sides. Now for those of you who are keen of sight you might be able to see a slight over lap of magnet sheet. This was done for a reason after it dried I can trim the exsesse magnet sheet off to tidy it up.
After about hour or so the glue was dry and the models can go on.
All in all the bases took about 10 minutes to make and a hour or so did the gule to try.
Happy times [Read More]
so I think I deviated "well that didn't take long did it☺
I think I did it in a good way. I've been looking for something to put my mess into and eventually found these.
These little gems are under £5 each happy
days . Now I went to start to put my models into them just to find that I have run out of movment trays and looking on the inter net I think they are all made from gold dust now
So then I went a bought these (sorry about the glare.
Plastic sheet and magnetic rubber so let's make some movment trays.
Now all that would fine but I keep finding models that need painting, at the moment it seems that the hobby gods are against me. I feel like I'm running out of everything including patiences.
I need a game.
WAIT I FORGOT NO GAMES FOR ME
Right let's start again a good freind of mine is a fantastic painter, I ask him when you thin your paints do you do 1 to 1 paint and water. His reply was " NO I USE A WET PALLET"
I was thinking. I fell like a school boy getting told off.
You tubs is a wonderful place so I slam down the phone and gently place my pint on the table and walk to the closesest supermarket luckly for me it's a 5 minute walk and I get these
It seems like I'm accumulating not sorting.
Any way for under £4 I have a wet pallet. I'm told it extends the life of the paint and thins it at the same time. You never know I could be a picasso soon NOT.
- So I think I deviated but In a good way
- So I think I deviated but In a good way