Pinned The Saucy Quill Inn - First Batch of info from the Survey - 1886/95

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

• Barbarossa_PL wrote:

Here you go.

Folomo wrote:

I object. These female dwarves have no beards. Blasphemy.

Edit: Much appreciating your edit, Folomo, much better!
      Just because I'm on the Legal Team doesn't mean I know anything about rules or background in development, and if/when I do, I won't be posting about it. All opinions and speculation are my own - treat them as such.

Legal

Playtester

Chariot Command HQ

• With things moving forward at an alarming pace we have decided to move adjust our reveal schedule and share the availability of Paths of Magic tonight and save the next date for something else.

"Markos sighed as he inspected the lock on the door leading to the vine cellar. It was the third time this week that someone tried to breach them. This time they tried to use fire and the smoke caused panic forcing him to close the inn for a little while until the flames were put out. The patrons were being impatient, the great festival was still five days away, yet the specially imported Guêonian stock was enticing the bold to try their luck. Well there was little point in resisting if they want some they will get some, but it will cost them extra - though Markos with a smirk."

As mentioned in the OP assigning which army should have which Path was not an easy task. Though some might feel a bit odd when compared to the short background explanations provided in post #703 (pg. 36) please remember these were just short and very broad explanations.

I know what you are waiting for so will not ramble on :D

BEAST HERDS
      Druidism, Evocation, Shamanism
      Totemism

DAEMON LEGIONS
      Divination, Evocation, Thaumaturgy, Witchcraft

DREAD ELVES
      Oracles: Alchemy, Cosmology, Divination, Witchcraft
      O. Yema: Cosmology, Divination, Occultism, Witchcraft

DWARVEN HOLDS
      Runecraft

EMPIRE OF SONNSTAHL
      Alchemy, Divination, Pyromancy, Thaumaturgy
      Prayers

HIGHBORN ELVES
      Mages: Cosmology, Divination, Pyromancy
      OFH: Pyromancy
      MOCT: Alchemy, Druidism, Cosmology
      Bound Spell

INFERNAL DWARVES
      Dwarves: Alchemy, Occultism, Pyromancy
      Lamassu: Witchcrat

KINGDOM OF EQUITAINE
      Divination, Druidism, Shamanism

OGRE KHANS
      Pyromancy, Shamanism, Thaumaturgy

ORCS AND GOBLINS
      Orcs: Pyromancy, Shamanism, Thaumaturgy
      Goblins: Pyromancy, Thaumaturgy, Witchcraft

SAURIAN ANCIENTS
      Cuatls: Alchemy, Divination, Evocation, Pyromancy
      Skinks: Druidism, Shamanism

SYLVAN ELVES
      Elves: Cosmology, Druidism, Shamanism
      Trees: Divination, Druidism
      Bound Spell

THE VERMIN SWARM
      Magister: Thaumaturgy, Witchcraft
      Prophet: Shamanism
      Daemon: Occultism
      Bound Spell

UNDYING DYNASTIES
      Cosmology, Divination, Evocation
      Bound Spell

VAMPIRE COVENANT
      Necroman: Alchemy, Evocation
      Vampire: Evocation, Occultism
      Nosferatu: Cosmology, Evocation, Occultism
      Lamia: Evocation, Witchcraft
      Von Carn.: Evocation, Occultism
      Strigoi: Shamanism
      Brothers: Occultism
      Bound Spell

WARRIORS OF THE DARK GODS
      Mortals: Alchemy, Occultism, Shamanism
      Daemons: Alchemy, Shamanism, Thaumaturgy

So to conclude as you could notice scattered across armies are additional bound spells unique to that army and matching the character of the army which do not belong to any of the Paths of Magic.

Have fun discussing :)

Advisory Board

Background Team

Art Team Coordinator

Team Croatia ETC 2019 Captain ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ HEROES AND VILLEINS OF THE 9TH AGE
    • Cezet wrote:

A: Definitely very good! I don’t know if it’s better than say the “old” Nature/White attribute.

It is a different attribute than nature/white so I am unsure about if it is better or worse. However what I can say is that:

The divinism attribute is twice as good as the old "light" attribute. Looking at the "statistic aid" the "cold blood" rule practically equals having +2 leadership for leadership tests.

Thus comparing it to the old +1 leadership makes this new attribute twice times better.

Furthermore, the old one was capped to leadership 10. This means that a troop with leadership 10 wouldn't take advantage of the +1 leadership. Now the ld 10 troops will take a lot of advantage of this "coldblood attribute".

The elephant in the room is the slann presented with the path, as lizardmen are possibly some of the few troops which won't take advantage from the "coldblood attribute" as they already are coldblooded.

Sarcastic, isn't it?
      scissors: "OMG ROCK IS SUPER OVERPOWERED! NERF IT!!" "what about paper?" "paper is fine"

Photos of models/armies from ETC 2017:

Cool models seen at ETC 2017
    • skrak wrote:

Cezet wrote:

A: Definitely very good! I don’t know if it’s better than say the “old” Nature/White attribute.
      It is a different attribute than nature/white so I am unsure about if it is better or worse. However what I can say is that:

The divinism attribute is twice as good as the old "light" attribute. Looking at the "statistic aid" the "cold blood" rule practically equals having +2 leadership for leadership tests.

Thus comparing it to the old +1 leadership makes this new attribute twice times better.

Furthermore, the old one was capped to leadership 10. This means that a troop with leadership 10 wouldn't take advantage of the +1 leadership. Now the ld 10 troops will take a lot of advantage of this "coldblood attribute".

The elephant in the room is the slann presented with the path, as lizardmen are possibly some of the few troops which won't take advantage from the "coldblood attribute" as they already are coldblooded.

Sarcastic, isn't it?
      I'd like to mention that my UD still can't really make use of this attribute either.... :P
      “You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyways.” -Lan Mandragoran, EotW

Dovie’andi se tovya sagain.
    • Ipower wrote:

Wow... Cutal lords got shafted. @Giladis what happened to only one wizard has the same number of spells as a Cutal lord?

By my count Empire, DE and DL casters all match him. I hope there is something else or I will be very disappointed in the loss of one the most iconic parts of SA.
      we don't know what the Cuatl has available for disciplines. It could still be the best caster.
    • Ipower wrote:

Wow... Cutal lords got shafted. @Giladis what happened to only one wizard has the same number of spells as a Cutal lord?

By my count Empire, DE and DL casters all match him. I hope there is something else or I will be very disappointed in the loss of one the most iconic parts of SA.
      Well, no single caster has access to four Paths unless I'm missing someone.
      Though that's only a technicality. The Vampire has 5 and the HBE mage has 6, with their respective choices.

KoE continues the tradition of being magic-poorest factions :)
      I haz a blog! the-ninth-age.com/blog/index.p…-the-moment-aslo-batreps/.

Mostly KoE and ID stuff. Now also some Void
    • Thanks for this piece of news! @Giladis

Looks pretty good overall!

I have a little concern though, I see a lot of races with "bound" spells, but VS having none "bound" spells. Does that mean that the ratakich lose their bound spells? or rather that they just lose their "race specific bound spells" but keep their bound spells from the common paths?

Every new piece of news make me more and more excited! Impossible to wait until the 25th!!! :D
      scissors: "OMG ROCK IS SUPER OVERPOWERED! NERF IT!!" "what about paper?" "paper is fine"

• Giladis wrote:

DAEMON LEGIONS
      Divination, Evocation, Thaumaturgy, Witchcraft

EMPIRE OF SONNSTAHL
      Alchemy, Divination, Pyromancy, Thaumaturgy
      Prayers

KINGDOM OF EQUITAINE
      Divination, Druidism, Shamanism

SAURIAN ANCIENTS
      Cuatls: Alchemy, Divination, Evocation, Pyromancy Realy? Only 4 Pathes? And one is pyromancy :( Even DE has same amount of Pathes. :-(

Skinks: Druidism, Shamanism

WARRIORS OF THE DARK GODS
      Mortals: Alchemy, Occultism, Shamanism - Means Mages?

Daemons: Alchemy, Shamanism, Thaumaturgy - Means Dp?
      Hmm all my armys have divination without Warriors Also 2 armys have pyromancy i was hoping to only have it on 1 army or better on no army :( I hope the other pathes will be real good. Pyromany seams not worth to play.

And why a cuatl only has 4 pathes? He realy need to be so low on pathes?

Head of Playtesting

Lord of Chaos , Duke of Equitaine , Cuatl of the Golden City , Herold of the Empire , Summoner of Pestilence , Lord of the Sea WotdG,KoE,SA,EoS, and DL and new HE but with Dragon Empire Ordo Sanctae Mariae Teutonicorum
    • Ipower wrote:

Nothing I have said to this point is contradicted in the release above.

Giladis wrote:

Have no worries, no Wizard has access to more Paths than a Cuatl :)

Giladis wrote:

There is only one that can match the sheer variety of spells available to the Cuatl :)

I had chosen my words very carefully not to say something that wasn't true.

Advisory Board

Background Team

Art Team Coordinator

Team Croatia ETC 2019 Captain ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ HEROES AND VILLEINS OF THE 9TH AGE
    • nicreap wrote:

skrak wrote:

Cezet wrote:

Sarcastic, isn't it?
      I'd like to mention that my UD still can't really make use of this attribute either.... :P
      Hahahhahahah!

I hadn't thought about UD, this is very fun!!

Let's make an OP attribute and offer it to the races which can't take advantage from XD!!

Thinking about EoS and hold the line rule XDDD