The Savage Arts of Playtrolling

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The brand new army book for Infernal Dwarves is finally available, along with a small surprise! Remember that it is a beta version, and provide us your feedback!

• the picture links are dead if you strip them out

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/HcF_HeY8v9jWr30GSpSsEsTNmnsPz-TNrpmGqbHZFSNmARJYpvg98xAPJkmGzckvjzmnmBlTO0X5IW4=w1280-h614-rw
      http://www.bugmansbrewery.com - The largest most informative Fantasy Dwarf website on the net, covering every dwarfers needs from forum to tactics, balls to ships!

Advisory Board

Head of Public Relations

Bugmans Brewery Owner (Dwarven Holds)

• Aright - I will have to do it the slow way then :)
      Hermund Vigerust Endressòn Furu - Savage Sage of the Norse
      Faux-pro player and ETC vagabond.
      Enjoys the company of deluded nerds and women of unquestionably low morale.

Do not fall to the folly of the best laid of plans - for the mind of man is fickle in the face of the dice gods.
      Give yer high fives where yer opponents dice have been blessed, and in equal give yer handshakes when dice fall in malicious ways.
    • Bugman wrote:

Either that or find somewhere else to host images!

Wut? Still not working? Feck it - I will just share the links - technology beyond fletching arrows is clearly not my cup of brew.

Do not fall to the folly of the best laid of plans - for the mind of man is fickle in the face of the dice gods.
      Give yer high fives where yer opponents dice have been blessed, and in equal give yer handshakes when dice fall in malicious ways.
    • Bugman wrote:

Google doesn't allow posting of images from its drive.

Try imgur maybe?
      Imgur is good. It's fast, you don't have to register, you can upload a bunch at a time with drag-and-drop, you can name albums, order photos and everything. You can even expose your images to the community (though I'd advise against it, I don't particularly like the Imgurians)
      Let us lock blades
      You claim whatever you please
      I claim no right but you

― Badalle
    • Game 4 against KoE @Zuhlmatul - Capture flags with Frontal Clash
      Display Spoiler
      11-9 by objective for EoS

Overview Early Game
      Endgame remnants of KoE
      And their last scoring unit

• Hermund Vigerust Endressòn Furu - Savage Sage of the Norse

• @Emperor_Zoron - care clean up my travesty of technological incompetence posts?

• Hey look, magic, direct link!. Don't blame me for the way it looks sideways!

@Herminard

sites.google.com/site/gdocs2direct/

But it gives you this!

http://www.bugmansbrewery.com - The largest most informative Fantasy Dwarf website on the net, covering every dwarfers needs from forum to tactics, balls to ships!

Advisory Board

Head of Public Relations

Bugmans Brewery Owner (Dwarven Holds)

• HJFudge wrote:

I have a vested interest in knowing how the UD list did :P

Pardon the late reply. Hectic times.

I think the Archer Bridge ( @corkydk ) with Cloakophant is a very strong tool set - and not mainly for shooting. The Cloakophant would definately do better with a book of the dead in this list - or atleast matchup.

I think the Guards are very interesting - but I think the list would do better with a little more diversity in the toolset - esp against opponents with stronger bricks than I played with. I am not sure what :)

I dont like the single Sphinx, but the 2+2 adhw Reapers offer solid value to this list.

The Catapults are obv useful in a list that cannot really pick fights effectively.
      Overall I think it is a list that would bring very interesting and fun games for all levels of play.

Skål,

• Da Savage Sage Salutes

Afterthoughts?

Well ...

I.. somehow won 5/5 games for 75 points and became winner of Norse Nationals -17 with this list.. despite telling everybody failing their stupidity tests how crappy the list is ...

idk

• Just guessing from the pictures(which are not bad though) is a bit tough.
      But I get the impression you danced around the opponents´ units while slowly shooting them to pieces most of the time.
      Or did you get many combo-charges I couldn´t find in the pictures?
      And you´ve apparently found the perfect list for securing objectives :wink: .
      favourite quote:
      Kruber wrote:
      Imperial Rangers burn the woods ---> Sylvan Elves go cry in the corner.

My armies:
      :EoS: :O&G: :KoE: :OK:
    • Markus loveheart wrote:

man, I don't even know how to describe this thread. To sum it up, feels like someone is overcompensating for something. I"ll just wait for 1.4 thank you, seemed like it's quite pointless for any of us to provide any feedback at all. I mean, 20 pages of negative feedback from various players is nothing legitimate right?

Good day and wish you guys a happy Chinese new year.

I find it hard to believe that any nerd playing with plaztix toisoldiurz is not overcompansating for something. Personally I overcompensate to overcome my arch nemesis Sober - and a fix of fantasy doesnt french my liver. Whats your excuse?

greentide wrote:

Just guessing from the pictures(which are not bad though) is a bit tough.
      But I get the impression you danced around the opponents´ units while slowly shooting them to pieces most of the time.

Lets see:

G1 agains DH I killed mostly everything but the skirmish Seekers in CC. Most of my units were heavily depleted but none below 25%. I think I lost 300 vps total.

G2 against SA I killed the carno with shooting and weakened the tauroes and top side Saurii with shooting - but if you look at the pictures you will see that I killed mostly everything else in cc. I gave up something like 300-600 vps.

G3 against VS I killed his Vermin Daemon (wounded from shooting) in CC with Imperial Guards - Swordsmen and eventually the Tank. And both his Doomwheels from sword and board infantery. And both his slaves in CC. And 30 disciples or somth. Shooting accounted for making his Vermin Guard flee to assure me the objective - but did not grab 1/2 their points I think. I lost substantial rescources too: 1 cannon - 2 Flaggies - the Elector cav - 1 sword block - 3 units of militia and 6 of the wounds of the tank.

G4 against KoE shooting was hugely important as I could grab small scoring units with the shooting. I also could bascially not fight his bigger lances - but killed most of his other stuff in cc too.

G5 against DL I killed 1 unit of ambushing dogs in cc (deplepted from shooting) - pest drones in the royal clustercuddle you can witness in one of the pictures. Furies in CC with Duellists. Horrors in CC with Elector Cav and Tank.

Sadly had to conclude the game in t4 due to time - so only draw of objective and I did not get to whipe out the last dogs in cc - the top Horrors - and have a go at the Pest block in cc.

I think this is reasonable combat prowess for the common footsoldiers of the Empire?

@greentide just ask anything if the pictures are unclear and I can try to explain the situation and my rationale.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Herminard ().

• greentide wrote:

Dito this. Did you get a lot of combo charges? Any +7 or more static res charges?
      Team Wales ETC 2017 - Beast Herds
      Team Scotland ETC 2018 (Captain) - Beast Herds
      Team England ETC 2019 - Empire
      Team England ETC 2020 (Vice Captain) - Empire
    • Fthundercock wrote:

greentide wrote:

Dito this. Did you get a lot of combo charges? Any +7 or more static res charges?

Look at that Dronefight - I have 5 banners - enforced flank - charge - +2 ranks - thats static of 10 before my 12 s6 attacks from Knightly Orders. I had an option for an immense charge on the DH in game 1 too, but chose not to take it as I have not played him before and its always a little sore to get a 0 for the first game.

By immense I mean a static of maybe 15.

Look at the end picture vs SA - I have a massive wombocombo lined up there - but I knew I had a massive win already so no need to risk it.

Ask @Palmu how he scored 10w on me for none or one in return and I still popped his 15 strong NG unit over 2 turns.

Rank and flank is not dead - its just difficult.

• Aye, that was a hilarious fight. I completely forgot that rule, and suddenly found myself eating a ton of combat resolution. No wounds taken due to Herms terrible rolls, inflicted a ton of them back with my great rolls, but the combat resolution from being surrounded was still too great.

Can't quite remember how that match went, but what I do remember is that I should have just ignored the tank for the most part and the game would have gone a lot better.

And also not fought those flagellants. Hitting first doesn't mean jack against flagellants.
      Life is hard when you're a skeleton