Pinned ID General Chat

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is available! You can read all about it in the news.

The brand new army book for Infernal Dwarves is finally available, along with a small surprise! Remember that it is a beta version, and provide us your feedback!

• Marcos24 wrote:

where are those from?
      Not yet released. Victrix showed these pictures today on their fb page.
      All things wargaming. My super entertaining hobby blog where anything wargaming related can happen.

"I heard a television interviewer once suggest that the use of dice made battlegaming on par with Snakes and Ladders and such like games of change. Well, he was being just stupid, or trying to take a rise out of his guest. It is in fact the imponderable which does give reality to 'Battle' and, as we shall see, does cause the players to make proper allowance for the unlikely or even seemingly impossible, which, as we read, did happen surprisingly frequently in the annals of war."
      -Charles Grant
    • Weidekamp wrote:

I think all this whine about the new ID and that it probaly will end up nerfing alot of stuff that are basicly only “OP” vs elfs, and dwarfs that have their grudge on, is a huge downfall for ninth age as a whole. This will also result in alot less flavour for all the coming full army books realeses.
      Well most complaints is exactly about the whole RPS factor here. I mean VC dont have the same issues as elves, but listbuilding with VC now have to take into account that several unit are hardcountered into near “ hide- in-corner and hope it dont give away points” status against ID.

I mean imagine a Strigoi player with Cadaver Wagon and 2 x 8 Ghasts
    • Naaah. This constant whining/verbal abuse by a couple of forum members sucks and being as constant as it is, it gets to people. But I have faith in the ACS/LAB team that they'll be able to distill it and filter out what the opinions are spread out over the amount of people and not spread out over the amount of posts :P.

@Tyranno (and LAB team): Just take a breather once in a while. I agree it's super annoying and impossible to ignore the negative posts, because engaging with the community is your job for this book, but if you take a step back and see through it, I think a lot of people are actually positive about most things for this book.
    • Arjelte wrote:

Naaah. This constant whining/verbal abuse by a couple of forum members sucks and being as constant as it is, it gets to people. But I have faith in the ACS/LAB team that they'll be able to distill it and filter out what the opinions are spread out over the amount of people and not spread out over the amount of posts :P.

@Tyranno (and LAB team): Just take a breather once in a while. I agree it's super annoying and impossible to ignore the negative posts, because engaging with the community is your job for this book, but if you take a step back and see through it, I think a lot of people are actually positive about most things for this book.
      Oh I don't care how much the whining is annoying me. It's the fact that ID players are being put off posting in their own damn sub-forum that's the issue.

And the reason I didn't care until that point was reached, was because you can be assured that no matter how often one repeats a complaint, it is counted once.

Lord of the Hobby

The Great Horde of Chaos <-My hobby blog Tyranno's Ride into the Steppes <-My Makhar hobby/army-list blog

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tyranno ().

• I do not play ID but I'd say book is quite awesome fluff wise, game wise I see tons of combinations and ideas. Definitely awesome piece of work and I would be happy if other new books were done equally well. Sure some ideas are a bit clunky or poorly worded but most of it is solid and that is only first beta release.

Some things might need some toning down, possibly some might need slight rework but people claiming that it is ridiculously broken are imho exaggerating. The only matchup that I think might be off is Elves but it is rather due to elf design.
      My gallery: Adam painting stuff (HE, VC, OK and lots of terrain)
      My battle reports: Adam Battle reports
    • Wesser wrote:

Weidekamp wrote:

I think all this whine about the new ID and that it probaly will end up nerfing alot of stuff that are basicly only “OP” vs elfs, and dwarfs that have their grudge on, is a huge downfall for ninth age as a whole. This will also result in alot less flavour for all the coming full army books realeses.
      Well most complaints is exactly about the whole RPS factor here. I mean VC dont have the same issues as elves, but listbuilding with VC now have to take into account that several unit are hardcountered into near “ hide- in-corner and hope it dont give away points” status against ID.
      I mean imagine a Strigoi player with Cadaver Wagon and 2 x 8 Ghasts
      RPS is indeed something to worry about as it leads to unfun gameplay.
      Though the question is: How much of it is job the game, how much of the player? Oh and of course: How much of this is the "fault" of the one army, not the other.

To take your example: Well Cadaver Wagons kinda..uhm.. well..yeah..you know. If I take 2x8 Ghasts I willfully tolerate at least some RPS, it will suck against the enemy with 3x Flaming Banner.. but against others..

There will always be some armies who are a bit more prone to RPS, DL for example and VC might be a close second actually. It is difficult where exactly to draw the line.

Note: I am not saying the current book did overstep this line or did not, just that some armies are more rps, some less and it is difficult to hit the sweet spot :)
    • Winduck wrote:

I really hope you wait with the nerf until we have some Tournament data to support it, where people have actually learned and read the book. This book does not fell OP at all nor the opposite. it has good matchups but also the direct opposite.

This is the general take on the book in the danish debate so far, as I hear it.

best regards

Mads
      I'm curious as to which matchups will be bad forthis book?

I only play Elves, mostly SE, so I can only see already ok-good matchups for ID getting even better. However, I can acknowledge I have a fairly narrow perspective on this, so I'd like to know which matchups ID players think will be tough with the new book?
      My SE homebrew (New version 7/6/2020)
    • Shako wrote:

Wesser wrote:

Weidekamp wrote:

Well most complaints is exactly about the whole RPS factor here. I mean VC dont have the same issues as elves, but listbuilding with VC now have to take into account that several unit are hardcountered into near “ hide- in-corner and hope it dont give away points” status against ID.I mean imagine a Strigoi player with Cadaver Wagon and 2 x 8 Ghasts
      RPS is indeed something to worry about as it leads to unfun gameplay.Though the question is: How much of it is job the game, how much of the player? Oh and of course: How much of this is the "fault" of the one army, not the other.

To take your example: Well Cadaver Wagons kinda..uhm.. well..yeah..you know. If I take 2x8 Ghasts I willfully tolerate at least some RPS, it will suck against the enemy with 3x Flaming Banner.. but against others..

There will always be some armies who are a bit more prone to RPS, DL for example and VC might be a close second actually. It is difficult where exactly to draw the line.

Note: I am not saying the current book did overstep this line or did not, just that some armies are more rps, some less and it is difficult to hit the sweet spot :)
      Oh for sure, and its not like its necessarily a problem with the ID book

Arguably the problem might as Well being with the Strigoi bloodline which is encouraged to stack only one type of save..

The worst problem about the RPS is that ID is still the rarest army most places, so building with ID in mind may not be a thing. The only time Ive played against any ID with my VC I had 2 Varkolaks and a Cadaver Wagon. Should have hidden in a corner going for 7-13.
    • CariadocThorne wrote:

Winduck wrote:

I really hope you wait with the nerf until we have some Tournament data to support it, where people have actually learned and read the book. This book does not fell OP at all nor the opposite. it has good matchups but also the direct opposite.

best regards

Mads
      I'm curious as to which matchups will be bad forthis book?
      I only play Elves, mostly SE, so I can only see already ok-good matchups for ID getting even better. However, I can acknowledge I have a fairly narrow perspective on this, so I'd like to know which matchups ID players think will be tough with the new book?
      we have a thread in the Forum with matchups and counters
    • Zwei wrote:

Winduck wrote:

best regards

Mads
      The main problem will be, where to get it? How long do you want to wait before you change something? We dont need another reign of dynastie.
      changing it in regards to nerf before we have any signifikant data to support it is for me the same as saying, we knew things was wrong when we posted the book from the start. If that is the case, i think i am out.

To me that just tells me, that shouting OP loud works no matter the data. It might be true, but why not give it a bit of time first, you must have given it a lot of time an arguments in the first place, and i am not talking about any obvious mistankes here. Think this have a very bad effect on Peoples willingness to give feedback.
    • Since this thread has been overrun by endless complaints, lets talk about things that are actually LIKED about the book. Both because the team that put the book together did a great job, and because if the team is working on things, it is good for them to have a barometer of what people like. If we go just by complaints, the entire book will be reduced to a flavorless slag.

I'll go first:

I LOVE the flavor given by everything. Flaming attacks and flammable actually matter, Kadim actually tunnel instead of flying for some reason (which just makes so much more sense. I love that change). The Lamassu has a really interesting rule. The vassal cavalry are amazingly well designed (imagine! Chaff units that you DON"T want to throw away!). Flammable on the vassal slingshot is hilarious. The titan is finally at a decent price and looks like a useful support piece.

While there are certainly some adjustments that need to be made, this is such an amazingly cohesive book. The team really did a great job with it. I can't wait until SA and OK get the same treatment :)
    • Ah positives:)

Vassal Cavalry being more than a redirector is indeed excellent

Immortals are a great design, because while having great potential their defensive bonuses Can be completely counterplayed. No advantages against your average Skeleton Warriors

Not faced Kadims yet, but was always weirded out by Them flying, so looking forward to that

The rest I havent faced. I really have trouble Warming to the book when guys in plate and huge guys feels so maneuverable and nimble.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Wesser ().

• I really like the idea of a unit with parry and not being wounded better than on a 4+. It makes average troops the best answer against them instead of just more STR and to hit being the answer. There should be more units that St 3-4 AP0-1 troops are the best at dealing with.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Folomo ().

• I love Infernal Brand with Dwarves - Non Dwarves, that allow to play in little bubbles of strong sinergy and this rerroll and BF are great!

Vassal Cavalry to give something more not just Chaff.

Bastion Tower as a new design! that will need some time and adjustments, but is T9A design, unique and flavorful.
      Kadim Chariot! same as Bastion Tower
      Kislev army thread, We need You!
      New Army book Hetmanate of Ukray

The post was edited 1 time, last by Villon ().