Humblr - ETC games

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

• Humblr - ETC games

Hello there.
      I've been asked to provide some intel about my games and SE after this ETC.

So here it is, beggining with my list:

France - xXx "Humblr" xXx, Sylvan Elves
      555 - Forest Prince, General, Wild Hunter, Great Elk, Lance, Shield, Light armor, Elven Cloack, Blessed inscriptions, Curse of the black stag, Potion of Swiftness
      490 - Chieftain, BSB, Wild Hunter, Great Elk, Sylvan blades, Light Armor, Elven Cloack, Sylvan Longbow, Hero's Heart, Flaming Standard
      465 - Druid, 5 spells, Sylvan Longbow, Binding Scroll, Sceptre of power, Wizard Master, Druidism
      280 - Druid, 2 spells, Sylvan Longbow, Book of arcane mastery, Wizard Adept, Cosmology
      150 - 2 x 8 Dryads
      460 - 10 x Heath riders, Shield, M, C, S, Predator Pennant
      205 - 2 x 5 Heath riders, Heath hunters
      100 - 2 x 1 Forest Eagle
      240 - 10 x Forest rangers, M
      230 - 7 x Blade Dancers
      410 - 9 x Pathfinders
      460 - 10 x Pathfinders

Explanations:
      I wanted to have the upper hand at distance mainly to get rid of redirectors, and place some charges with the main block of riders, including BSB and Lord on Elks.
      They can kill almost every unit of the game on a charge !
      The main issue is their survival (Res3 or 5 for characters with low armor).
      Therefore I packed a druidism master for regrowth, fortitude and stone of skin.
      I also paid a Cosmo mage for damage (2D6 S4) and support (either charge distance or combat with +1S/ -1S).
      The rest of the list are redirectors (heath riders + eagles), scoring dryads, a small bunker dealing some damage and fearless (rangers) and some dancers, who are amazing for board control and infiltration/ holding desperately especially in forest.

Game 1 - Denmark (BH)
      Denmark have really competitive players and were rightfully aiming for a podium. We were also dreaming of one, so it was a good test for us. A win and we would be very confident. A loose would quite dent the dream.
      I got paired against @Troels and his beast herds, a matchup that in hindsight we both found favorable. He had a Minotaur-led army with Shamanismmaster, two blocks of 30 and 50 spear-totting Mongrels respectively, a unit of 8 vanguarding Razortusks, two single razortusks, a unit of harpies, a unit of mongrel raiders and no less than four (!) scoring centaur units with lances, aided by a Centaur BSB.
      He is one of the two best players of Denmark with their UD player (to my standards). I crossed path in previous ETC but never played against. I was thrilled.
      He deployed aggressively and went for the first turn. I knew right from the start it would be a blood bath.

Highlights:
      - He’s unit of 8 pumbas went straight up my battle line, followed by 50 mongrels with spears (I couldn’t go into) and a unit with Mino lord. 2 more pumbas went to redirect my riders placed on the hill, ready for some action.
      - I charged redirectors and they flee way behind, leaving my bunker with a failed charge, as expected.
      I placed then placed my redirectors. I knew I had to sacrifice them as the distance was too short for a triple flee.
      - He charged and killed them, placing some harps in front of my heath riders.
      - I then managed to charge the harps with both dryads and riders. The overrun of riders went in the 8 pumbas unit, which had to align with a closed path combat reform because of unit placement + dryads went in the Mino lord unit on a 5+ overrun (Mino lord who would have been able to support pumbas if dryad overrun would have failed).
      During his turn I killed all but one pumba and he killed my champ back, before fleeing. I didn’t overrun not to contact the Mino lord unit, because without champ, I didn’t want to go. So I reformed to charge centaur BSB in centaur unit, not able to flee, and I killed them all

In the meantime, the dancers in forest held and killed 2 units of centaurs + the 50 mongrels did rush past the center (with pumbas big unit) and ate a dryad unit sent to redirect. Unhopefully, these dryads held the first round of combat and died on the second. Therefore the unit was free to charge the hunters (without lord who had charged the centaurs + centaur BSB) and without my BSB who had fled to a safer spot.
      The hunters fled and went through the Mino lord unit, losing more than ¾ of the models, but being quite safe there. They rallied last turn on an secondary objective held by Minolord and its unit, for a draw + I prevented point loses with regrowth on them.

I killed lvl4 last turn with elk lord and achieved a high point win, without secondary objective.
      16-4 / Estimation +/++

Comments:
      Very intense game. Could have go each way but I committed/ risked a bit more and succeeded.
      Turning point was the overrun of dryads in Mino lord. Would have I failed, I would have doomed my entire hunters + characters…

Rest of the team didn’t do as well as planned and we lost 85-75. Quite a good results knowing the level of Danemark. But quite disappointed because we calculated more than 90points after pairing…

Game 2 – Mexico (WdG)
      I played Charly who would have finished 3rd at ESC if some not ethical arrangement between 2 Polish players wouldn’t have stripped him out of the podium.

Game:
      Playing center, I knew the fight will be in the center.
      I had the chance to go first and I deployed a little bit on the side with the center in line of sight for charge purposes.
      He deployed infantry units + 2 forsaken ones (big random movement unbreakable monsters) in center, Feldraks on the opposite side of my main unit + BSB on karkadan (had to go around a house to come back in the game but were safe from pathfinders to begin with), Herald + dogs + chariot on the same size for board control.
      I did vanguard and went next to the dogs with both hunters. I shot one unit of dogs out of the board.
      The second was crucial. If I killed them, I would have control of the board with no chaff left for him. So I focused all pathfinders and magic on them. But I failed to wound properly and killed only 6 out of the 16 hits S3 I scored…
      So he went for the center with both forsaken ones, moving 11 and 14 inches straight (I could have overrun from one to the other without the chaff dogs, or we might not have moved them to the center at all, giving them the secondary objective straight away + no monsters to challenge/ threaten my dryads and rangers).
      On T2 I charged the chaff, sacrificed an eagle for herald not to countercharge, and placed dryads in front monster + BSB. Dancers went to block second monster from coming in my hunters + characters.
      • Herald charged eagle.
      • Other monster charged dancers in forest (mine placed here on purpose before deployment)
      • Chariot charged the hunters (dedided not to block it)
      • Monster+ BSB charged dryads
      Infantry went for center and Feldrak finished turning around the house.
      In combat, he killed dryads and overran with monster in front of rangers, giving me flank charge.
      Dancers held the monster dealing 3 wounds and losing 4 of them in return
      Eagle was shredded to pieces by herald and chariot killed 5 hunters before being killed by both lord and BSB.
      I reformed and charged the herald with hunters.
      Rangers went for monster in flank.
      Hunters went to shoot infantry.
      Pathfinders turned to feldraks.
      Unfortunately I didn’t manage to kill Herald in combat (statistics are useless when I roll dices ^^), but he didn’t do much in return thanks to stone of skin.
      Rangers dealt only 3 wounds to the monster (15A at 3+/5+), and lost 4 in return.
      Dancers held thanks to 3++ and stubborn in forest.

At his turn, I killed monster but rangers were killed (still a good bargain. 410 for the monster and 240 for rangers).
      Dancers died to the monster but I did locked him down long enough, saving the not so “one shot” hunters.
      My lord finally managed to killed the herald, helped with +1S/AP boost from cosmo.
      They reformed and charged the monster, killed it and overran in feldraks.
      I got countercharged in the back by BSB and sorcerer. I killed all but one feldrak + sorcerer + he killed my BSB with his own + rest of hunters... He fled with all remaining and I chased him of the board…
      Took me no time to clear almost all the rest of his unit of the board, but he had time to score secondary objective.
      13-7/ Estimation +/++

Comments:
      If only I had killed the hounds T1 !! Would have been 20-0 or close to that score.
      But the team did well and we capped Mexico (barely) 101-59

Rest to follow :thumbsup:
      H.
      ETC 2018: SE French player
      ETC 2016: WoDG French player - 3rd place
      ETC 2012: Dwarf French player

Herminard wrote:

"Play like you have some balls"

The post was edited 1 time, last by humblr: Put opponent army description. ().

• Game 3 – Bulgaria (SE)
      Mirror game against a very different list.
      Dragon mage, Lord on elk, all wild hunters, 2*12 dryads + 2*9 wild hunters.
      No BSB, because almost all units are fearless…

We were playing spoil of war and he did choose to deploy all and play first (damn).
      I deployed all my army in ruin in the left (pathfinders + rangers)/ hunters + eagles in my forest placed in the middle and dryads + dancers on the right in a field. This deployment was to prevent him to shoot me down turn 1, with a less shooty list then mine.
      I also didn’t want him to get past me with hunters, so rangers were covering up on the left and dryads were angled to cover both center and right edge.

He went for an aggressive move with hunters next to the dryads + counter charge with wildhunters + 12 dryads.
      In center we were facing each other with both lords in both big units (mine of hunters and his of wildhunters). Dragon went to the left were the second 12 dryads unit didn’t move.
      He did shoot the hailshot and all hunters to kill my hunters who were in forest… Was OK.

My turn 1 so one unit of dryad charge the hunters as I already was quite close to the wild hunters (16 I think). He fled only 5 and I had a 8 to roll to catch them up. And I did… Very nice start.
      I also shot down the second unit with all my pathfinders and hunters. Very good start.

His two, he charged the winning dryads with both wildhunters and 12 dryads to complete an overrun to the 8 other dryads of mine. The overrun was possible because of the failed LD test to reform post catching a fleeing unit… Damn (anyhow, 2 dryads for 1 heath hunter unit of 9 was good bargain. Only issue was those dryads were defending a spoil of war point).
      We still faced each other in the center and dragon went to menace the pathfinders.
      In combat he killed the 8 dryads and completed the 5 overrun in 8 dryads.

At my turn, I repositioned the hunters + characters to keep his unit and dragon in check (board control). At that time, I had shooting and he didn’t. I could statiscticly kill at least one unit of 5 Wildhunters per phase with my 19 pathfinders shots + 5 from hunters + 2 from sorcerers + 1 form BSB + magic… But I was rolling the dices and I ended up leaving most units to 1 dude each turn (taking another full turn to kill them all).
      My dryads took the best against his 12, helped with a -1S on his…

I went for some point, charging with BSB on his dryads + tempted the dragon out with my lord.
      I had to cast stone of skin to be safe but he stopped it with 3 dices vs 5 of mine (17 to reach !!).
      So at the end I got almost all his units except lord+ 8 wilhunters +dragon.
      He got rangers + dancers (sacrificed for securing the scenario with a single remaining dryad) + lord (killed by dragon following the stone of skin being dispelled) + heath hunters +eagles.
      14-6 because winning scenario/ Estimation +/++

Comments:
      The game went pretty well.
      Shots were far less effective than statistic predicted, but I did win most of the combats (even 8 vs 12 dryads) + got lucky with first charge…
      The team did well too and I think we capped again, propelling us to the top tables.
      H.

Herminard wrote:

• Game 4 – Switzerland (VC)
      Switzerland are well known by the French team as most of their players are coming to French tournaments. Their coach is also a well-known French ETC player, who did achieve 2nd at this year ESC.
      We have a friendly competition on who can score better than the other so we knew it was going to be a nice but tough round. The 2 teams were still hoping for a podium and the outcome of this round would once again be of huge importance (on top of our friendly rivalry).

I had the chance to play with a new Swiss member, legend27 (I let you imagine what the 27 length is for, as the legend says, hence the nickname. I sure didn’t check though ^^)
      After the pairing I was confident I could score high because ghasts and gouls don’t like the charge of my hunters, especially as forest embrace and flaming banner are here to screw them hard.
      But I did land on table 2 with a big f*cking water feature right in the middle :P

I went for hunters on one side (the opened one), facing spawns and not far from ghasts.
      The gouls were on the other side, with just dryads and dancers.
      During the game, I redirected the ghasts, shot the bats and spawns and gave him the chance to either rush with ghouls and leaving dryads go pass them, threatening zombies and scoring scenario or having the ghouls + lord take care of them but leaving the rest of the army safe.

He went for the second option. Even then, I managed to negate him charges with dancers right on the flank with no closing the door option. Therefore the dryads killed the zombies and went for objective. He tried all to avoid it and raised zombies were placed in my way. I charged and killed them all. I then had a 6 inches overrun to score but rolled only 5 (sic).

In the middle, the ghasts were stuck in water by eagles, hunters and rangers. As ghouls weren’t challenging this, I rushed passed with the hunters, shooting the spawns to pieces with pathfinders
      Unhopefully, we didn’t have time to play turn 6. We would have had to at least sacrifice BSB to avoid my unit charging his lvl4 necromancer in zombies and cadaver wagon + moving in the ruin for secondary scenario (king on the hill). I missed a bunch of points their :/
      13-7/ Estimation +/++

Comments:
      Very nice game. I think 6 turns are a must and 3h30 hours are not enough.
      We could go up to at least 4 hours, beginning the games around 9AM (and not 11AM).
      Team won but short 85-75
      H.

Herminard wrote:

• Game 5 – Australia (DL)
      We know had the chance to play for a podium as we were ranked 5.
      Australia was the weakest team of the top and our estimations were pretty good against them. Our chance was here to grab some valuable points and achieve the dream.

I played against their DL.
      He had the chance to play first (couldn’t again. Did only once during the whole tournament…)
      He went very aggressive with beasts which was very fine with me as I could shoot from close distance with strength bonus.

Unluckily, I failed a 9RR test and 2 remaining beasts ahd the chance to charge a 9 pathfinder unit with my 2 mages. I failed counter shots, failed to wound, failed the LD test, broke and got overrun.
      I began turn 2 without magic.
      I went all in from there… Trying to at least secure secondary objective (destroys scoring units).
      My hunters caught the sirens (he needed a 7 overrun to get out of line of sight and rolled 3).
      One shot. I had the horrors behind a hill to go for next and I could still achieve secondary objective + saving lord/ BSB and hunters… But 2 hands of heaven (one of 7hits S7 and one of 6hits S5) killed both unit, BSB and 2 wounds on lord.

Moreover, a second unit of 4 beasts which went hunting for my scoring units got charged by the rangers after they killed the dancers (I sacrificed them to pin down the beasts). I had a 4 to roll and rolled double 1. They then could charge and get scenario + lord died on 6 more hits S6 of hand of heaven
      I forfeited
      0-20/ Estimation (open game)/+

Comments:
      Not much to say. I was quite depressed with the failed leadership test, but that’s the game and we had a nice chat with my opponent.
      Was just sad because this did happen very early in the game and some Australian players were given notice not to push/ take risk in order to capitalize on my bad luck for a small win.
      Unhopefully, this wasn’t the lucky round. Our lizard warped himself on a 4 dices spell under card 1, and some over games went south too. We therefore lost heavily a round that should have been ours… 68-92
      H.

Herminard wrote:

The post was edited 1 time, last by humblr ().

• Game 6 – Sweden (VC)
      Last game against one of podium contestant.
      For honor and because top 5 could still be achieved, we played it with all our heart.
      I think they did 2 and I was really upset by 2 things that happened during this game (won’t elaborate more, it’s over. I just think about voice recording games from now on :P)
      I wanted to give up, but went on for the team.

My opponent played a very aggressive VC list with 2 lords in vanguard ghouls + 3 Varkolacks and 3 spawns.
      He got to play first (again I didn’t have the chance to go first).
      He went around a house, straight to a forest I placed on purpose there. Varklolacks followed aggressively and hounds went messing with my hunters.
      I did a triple flee technic in front of varkolack and ghouls and placed the unit of hunters for a countercharge.
      I lost one hunter unit in the process but I got a charge from hunters + riders in the ghoul unit and dancers in varkolack flanck.
      In combat I killed all but 2 ghouls + one vamp remaining (BSB was killed by mine). I was helped out by casting forest embrace boosted version (stone of skin was stopped) + flaming banner. I lost 4 hunters in return…
      Dancers killed varkolack.

At his turn, the wraith charged the 5 hunters (not being able to contact the riders).
      He killed them all + vamp killed champ and I killed the ghouls (he didn’t raised more not to give combat res).
      I had a stubborn test and I failed. Wasn’t caught by 1 inch short !
      I rallied and shot 2 wounds out of his vamp + raised champ in the unit.
      Wraiths were killed by rangers + dancers, and they overrun in lvl4 general+ zombie bunker.
      Vamp charged my riders + characters unit in a desperate attempt. I failed fear test and lost champ.
      I failed first steadfast test but hopefully not the second one (stopping the failed LD test madness ^^).

I countercharged with pathfinders in flank of vampire and even if he killed my lord in challenge (wasn’t able to deal a single wound), he crumbled.
      Rangers and dancers killed general necromancer + zombies, cleaning the board from undead presence.
      20-0/ Estimation +/++

Comments:
      I was under the impression justice was made and happy for the team.
      The team didn’t do as well as planned though and we only scored 79-81.

At the end we placed ourselves 10.
      This is nice but far below the results France is usually achieving (between 3 and 8).

First I blame the late (2 months before ETC time) lack of commitment and game practice.
      Second I think the qualification system is just not good for France team as it spreads out the finest players across competing teams. We see a lot of French players achieving nice results at ESC and yearlong at different foreign tournaments, but they don’t join the same team, spreading strengths across many. Hope this may change, but I bet it is a piteous vow.
      Will see ^^

PS: As I’m French and Australian (dual citizenship with passport to prove it), I’m really considering joining the kiwis (if they have any interest in an ETC veteran with average to good results).
      Scored above 90 each time, except this year. But I should have if luck wouldn’t have been a b*tch ^^

PPS: Thanks for reading.
      Feel free to ask for clarification or details...
      H.

Herminard wrote:

• casamar wrote:

Enjoyed the reporting - I really liked your list, plays in many ways similar to how I like to play, good to hear it generally worked well. Any thoughts on changes you'd make now reflecting back on how it went?
      Sure.
      First I dont really like deathstar lists.
      You put all your eggs in one basket, and ot can turn very bad...
      The main issue is SE are lacking résistance.
      So I had to go for a big block to get the best out of my Magic (the bigger the unit, the more effective one spell is).

Changes will highly depends on improvement made to our book.
      I'll give some examples of small things one can do, without a whole redesign:
      - Hail shot rework and possibly taken by Mage?
      - Glyph of Amryl back to previous version
      - Thicket and dryads can upgrade Musician
      - Lords and chieftain with +1OS and DS
      - Hunters and riders (both normal and wild) +1 amor save
      - Bow of wyscan back to +1 to wound all time
      - Maybe sisters out of Unseen arrows pool + change Cosmo spell for the blast and the druidism spell for entetwin roots.
      - Small price reduction on Pathfinders
      - Magic resistance 1 and distracting in Forest as an army rule

I bet all these little things (with no point increase) will provide enough for our book to be back to average.
      H.

Herminard wrote:

• humblr wrote:

PS: As I’m French and Australian (dual citizenship with passport to prove it), I’m really considering joining the kiwis (if they have any interest in an ETC veteran with average to good results).

If you want to have a chance to join the AU team I would start by not calling them with their neighbours nickname (Kiwi --> one of New Zealand symbols) :P

Aussies, Ozzies, Wallabies could be suitable names I think
    • falanor wrote:

humblr wrote:

If you want to have a chance to join the AU team I would start by not calling them with their neighbours nickname (Kiwi --> one of New Zealand symbols) :P

Aussies, Ozzies, Wallabies could be suitable names I think
      That confused me also...
      You can see my you tube battle reports here
      www.youtube.com/watch?v=e76ivZdXX9s&t=79s

Or follow me on Facebook here
      facebook.com/Casamarnz/#
    • humblr wrote:

casamar wrote:

Enjoyed the reporting - I really liked your list, plays in many ways similar to how I like to play, good to hear it generally worked well. Any thoughts on changes you'd make now reflecting back on how it went?
      Sure.First I dont really like deathstar lists.
      You put all your eggs in one basket, and ot can turn very bad...
      The main issue is SE are lacking résistance.
      So I had to go for a big block to get the best out of my Magic (the bigger the unit, the more effective one spell is).

Changes will highly depends on improvement made to our book.
      I'll give some examples of small things one can do, without a whole redesign:
      - Hail shot rework and possibly taken by Mage?
      - Glyph of Amryl back to previous version
      - Thicket and dryads can upgrade Musician
      - Lords and chieftain with +1OS and DS
      - Hunters and riders (both normal and wild) +1 amor save
      - Bow of wyscan back to +1 to wound all time
      - Maybe sisters out of Unseen arrows pool + change Cosmo spell for the blast and the druidism spell for entetwin roots.
      - Small price reduction on Pathfinders
      - Magic resistance 1 and distracting in Forest as an army rule

I bet all these little things (with no point increase) will provide enough for our book to be back to average.
      H.
      Sorry - seems I wasn't very clear. What I meant is rather than changes to the book, what changes using the current book would you make to your ETC list if any, based on your experiences at ETC?

facebook.com/Casamarnz/#
    • Casamar wrote:

Sorry - seems I wasn't very clear. What I meant is rather than changes to the book, what changes using the current book would you make to your ETC list if any, based on your experiences at ETC?
      I understood but I forecasted some needed changes ^^
      Without them, I'd say I would get rid of rangers (240 pts) and the book of mastery (60 pts) to grab a unit of wildhunters (300 pts).
      Can provide a place for BSB or Lord to be into. If not, I still get a decent additionnal menace (rangers were my bunker to start with, and second wave menace afterwards). Would prefer 6 to 7 of them with champ, but this mean getting rid either of one eagle or of blade dancers. Would have to try both out before decisions to be taken.

Getting rid of rangers imply sorcerer needs to go in pathfinders (what I usually do anyway).
      No issue if you play first, overwise you shouldn't scout with one unit OR you can mount the sorcerer (30pts to find, without equipment).
      I always dreamed of a Hero's heart mage either on dragon or on unicorn with 4++ save (talisman of shielding). But it's way costy and I have to play master shamanism.
      If so, you can take druidism dryad + master Shamanism mage instead of current build...
      But Master Druidism and Stone of skin really was a strong choice.

You also can get rid of the 3 bows on sorcerers and BSB for a second binding scroll on Master... (very minor change, not sure it is worth though).
      That would be pretty much it.

NB: I had a huge dilemma with my lord, choosing between Great Weapon or lance. I think lance is the way to go as charge is quite mandatory... It's even more the case with wildhunters in the army, because chance to get a charge with elk lord are higher/ being improved.
      I didn't miss the Great weapon, expect when SE mage on dragon charged me (but he wouldn't if stone of skin had been cast).
      H.

Herminard wrote:

• And the list:

Humblr wrote:

550 - Prince, GG, Wild Hunter, Great Elk, Lance, Shield, Light armor, Elven Cloak, Sylvan Longbow, Blessed inscriptions, Curse of the black stag
      490 - Chieftain, GB, Wild Hunter, Great Elk, Sylvan blades, Light Armor, Elven Cloack, Sylvan Longbow, Hero's Heart, Flaming Banner
      465 - Druid, 5 Spells, Binding Scroll, Scepter of power, Master, Druidism, Sylvan Longbow
      220 - Druid, 2 Spells, Adept, Shamanism, Sylvan Longbow

150 – 2*8 Dryads - SCORING
      380 – 8 Heath riders, MC - SCORING
      195 - 15 Forest Guards, M - SCORING
      205 – 2*5 Heath hunters

100 – 2*1 Forest Eagle
      430 – 7 Wild hunters, C

460 – 2*10 Pathfinders
      Total = 4496

I added the wildhunters with Champion. Alone or with BSB of lord, they are goind to be a threat not to be ignored.
      Kept Druidism as main lore. Too many synergies with the big block of riders + characters. Regrowth on wildhunters is also going to be a must !
      I changed cosmo for Shamanism. Still have the +1S but easier to cast. Get the Chiiling howl vs magic and shooting (top) or swam of insects vs monsters = cool. Casting value is less so I got rid of book of arcane mastery (top item but needed some points).

Still have 4 chaff with hunters and eagle. Dryads and guards can also be sacrificed if needs be.
      Still pathfinders (added one more).

Bows on all characters. If they are in Wild hunters, they will be able to shoot after march.
      So will the mages if they jump in pathfinders...

PS: Many other lists are very good orientation for SE.
      > Lord on dragon + BSB dancer along with titanic might and 10 unit strong dancers.
      > All thicket list (except I disclike not having musicians in them)
      And so many other builds... Just providing some intel about mine :P
      H.

Herminard wrote:

The post was edited 2 times, last by humblr ().

• Hi Johnny boy,

Thanks for the feedback, i'm switching (back) to the SE so your opinion is always welcome. I'm working on a list pretty close to yours. I was therefore thinking about including an unit of Kestrel. Maybe with Mist banner so shooters cannot free reform and kick my butt when I sneak in.

What's your opinion on this dudes ? Do you think they fit in the list ?

Juan.
    • Xso wrote:

Hi Johnny boy,

Thanks for the feedback, i'm switching (back) to the SE so your opinion is always welcome. I'm working on a list pretty close to yours. I was therefore thinking about including an unit of Kestrel. Maybe with Mist banner so shooters cannot free reform and kick my butt when I sneak in.

What's your opinion on this dudes ? Do you think they fit in the list ?

Juan.
      I like kestrels for vanguard and feigned flight.
      I dislike them for their cost + 2W per model only...

Globally, banner of mist is very nice and I did playtest it on a unit of 9 hunters.
      Very usefull to avoid bowmen without skirmish/ light troop to shoot at you when you get out of line of sight.
      Quite usefull against light troops and skirmishers for soft cover.

But at the end of the day, that's 60pts (20 standard + 40 banner), and you can do a lot with 60 points (such as book of Sorcellery on a Shamanism adept to help cast a chilling howl?) ^^

If you want, send me your whole list and we can discuss synergies.
      At the moment I have around 200 lists on 10 different armies.
      Always so much going on after an ETC :P

PS: As said on SE subforum, with current meta and army book power, I might change army completely.
      But will see waht happen with gold version and the small tweeks design team does on army books.

Average level of books and teams never been so close.
      Very good job and well done T9A development team !!
      H.

Herminard wrote:

• humblr wrote:

Bows on all characters. If they are in Wild hunters, they will be able to shoot after march.
      @humblr : I don't get why you give bows to your WH characters (and more generally to your druids ) : 10 or 20 pts could be useful elsewhere and 2 or 4 bows are not going to make a difference.
      For example : you can give your WH a shield... ( ok : 15 more points to find elsewhere, but that's a start) :)
      4+ / 6++ is not a luxury with these guys against shooting

By the way I like your lists (both the ETC one and the new) I will try them with my friends or On Universal Battle ;)

And thanks a lot for the feedback about your ETC experience !!
    • @humblr I adjusted your list, with your feedback in mind and to suit my own tastes i.e. I took double kestrels... Just love these guys.

I've been very impressed how it plays - I was worried the elks didn't have the defensive kit - but with the banner, the bunker and druidism, they are nigh on impossible to deal with other than avoid and chaff - which is where the pathfinders are great!

Question would you consider switching ten pathfinders out for sentinels? Not every match up are pathfinders better, but always more expensive. Could either spend the points elsewhere - I'm thinking extra champions in other units to help deal with big nasty solo characters, or a few more bows shots, or magic items on the casters...

facebook.com/Casamarnz/#