Special The Masters Announcement

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

• Special The Masters Announcement

Hello everyone.After several years of several attempts to resurrect the old U.S.Masters System, we can finally say it HAS happened. Over the past fewmonths several TOs and players have come together and put severalhours into getting this to happen. So we are pleased to announce the2019 North American 9th Age Masters!
      I know there aregoing to be a lot of questions and comments, and we will be pleasedto listen to them. So any comments, thoughts, suggestions, whatever,go ahead and post them and we will discuss them during our meetings.There is still more work to be done behind the scenes but we feelit’s time to show you what we have so far. Bear in mind this is aWiP and nothing is set in stone.
      What: TheNorth American Masters GT will be comprised of 3 events over thecourse of 3 days. The 1st event will be held on the Fridaybefore the Masters GT, and will be known as The Qualifier, andwill be open to everyone. Then on Saturday and Sunday there will be 2events run side by side; The Masters main event which comprises of a32 man event, and a side GT for anyone else who was not able toqualify for the main event or just wants to come out with friends andplay and have fun.
      Where: location has been finalized to be at Gamers Haven, 275 Schuylkill Rd, Phoenixville, PA 19460. Really nice gaming store with comfortable computer chairs and a in store grill. They even allow BYOB!

When: The event will be held the weekend of January 18-20 2019.

Qualifying:The goal in mind is to have The Masters Event be a 32 man event wherepeople have to qualify in order to get in, not just anyone can walkin and be The Master. There will be 3 different ways to qualify tomake it obtainable for everyone.

• Winning select GTs- There will be 15* invitations awarded by winning/doing well at North American GTs. the winners will be invited to attend The Masters. In the event that the winner declines, the invite will then be offered to the next person in line. If they decline the next person, so on and so forth all the way down to 10% (rounded up) of the events attendance (i.e. if a 40 man event we go down to 4th place for invitation). If none of these players accept the invitation for the particular GT, the invite will then be add into the pool for people to obtain during the qualifier event the Friday before The Masters.
        *number subject to change
        The calendar year for the events that count as qualifiers for the 2019 Masters event will be
        Dec. 1, 2017 - Nov 30, 2018

The List of Qualifying GTs for the upcoming year are asfollows:
      Siege at the Tower
      BattleCry GT
      CornerhammerGT
      Brawler Bash
      Wicked GT
      Buckeye Battles
      LonestarGT
      Dragons Den
      Mayhem in the Mountains
      InfernalZoo
      Michigan GT
      Mountain Mayhem
      Hogfest
      Tides ofWar
      Grotscon

*In order for tournaments to be used as Qualifiers for The Masters they will have to meet certain criteria. Some of these include but not limited to:

• Must be a 5 game event
      • Use point levels of 3000-6000 pts
      • Have a Minimum of 20 players

• Warscore Rankings - Another 8 invitations will be given out to the top 8 people according to Warscore that have not already accepted an invitation from winning a GT. All events that submit their results through Warscore will count towards rankings. There is a formula in place for this to weigh events so that bigger events count for more points, but even 1 day events will count for some points (although at a lower scale). It takes the top 3 events and calculates points to get your ranking, so obviously the more events you go to the better chances.

• Friday Qualifier- There will be an open play event on the Friday of The Masters. The top "X" spots at this event will then receive invitations to play in The Masters GT for Saturday and Sunday, where "X" is equal to the amount needed to fulfil the 32 man event after GT/Warscore invitations.
      Invitations- invitations will be sent out the week of December 1st for GT winners and the week after om december 8th for Warscore rankings.
      *in the case that one person wins more than 1 GT that's a qualifier, their invite will be used for their first win. The event they won their 2nd or 3rd event will have it sent automatically to person who came in 2nd.
      * in the case a individual declines invite from winning a GT then then decline their masters invite all together so wont then be able to accept 1 through rankings or Friday qualifier.
      * the winners and top few placings from each event will be kept track of in another post and on website so people can see.

Painting at TheMasters will be required to be a 3 color minimum and based. Therewill be no "judging" of paint. Simply you meet thisprerequisite or you don’t. If not you will receive a penalty. Thisis the championship event of a hobby and participants are expected touphold a certain standard for the hobby.
      Well this is the info we wanted to get out there to everyone for now. We are excited to be working on getting this wonderful tournament back out there for 9th Age and name another "Master of 9th Age...in North America".More info will come as we know it, so stay tuned but get ready to start thinking about vacations

Website is also now live
      9thagenorthamericanmasters.wordpress.com

The post was edited 6 times, last by bubafett: Updated ().

• grungimusic wrote:

Which are the GTs that are currently listed as qualifiers? I notice it said 16 GT spots but only 14 GTs
      The reason for that is because CornerHammer GT and Buckeye Battles will be giving 2 invites. The rest of the events that will count is likely anything thats been run in the past year cycle but as I thought i said in the post the list of the qualifying events will be released soon
    • Trains_Get_Robbed wrote:

This is stellar news!

Is there a defined start date? 2020 or 2019?

bubafett wrote:

So we are pleased to announce the 2019 North American 9th Age Masters !!!!!!

bubafett wrote:

The dates in mind will be January 26-28 or Febuary 8-10 2019 ( weekend before or after the Super Bowl)

The post was edited 1 time, last by bubafett ().

• So both Cornerhammer and B.B. that already happened are in consideration for the Masters 2019?
      EVERSHADE GAMING! AMERICA'S FAVORITE YOUTUBE BATTLE REPORTER :thumbsup:

Hey, I'm Charles. I'm the main contributor for Evershade Gaming on YouTube. I post Battle Reports, List Reviews for Midwest (U.S.A.) Tournaments, and videos on my ideas about the Ninth Age. I post 2-3 videos monthly.

Link to my Channel! youtube.com/channel/UCKjjkWnXanizMuTh5obkxpA

theforgottenturtle.com An Awesome Painting Blog!
    • Only 5 events registered on Warscore so far. I know @billr said they could be added after the fact so none are missed. Shoot us a list of the 16 events and we can discuss how many make it or other ways to include them. It could be as easy as taking the extra from BB and CH or take them from the at large openings or the play in event. Could also find spots if the top 10% of an event do not wish to accept the invitation, the next event on the list could take them. Many ways to address it so no region or event is left out this year. There will be a time as this grows there will be events left out or maybe masters expanded. But not infinitely. Something to discuss in the next meeting if you like.
      US Masters Representative for the Midwest
      Beast Herds Army Support (retired)

buckeyebattles.com
    • Very exciting! I know a large chunk of us Canucks are heading down to B.B and possibly Cornerhammer. If you have slots open in the north west for events that would count towards the masters, we would certainly be on board to help out. Generally we have 4 single day 3 game events spaced out over the year netting 20-28 players, and 2 two day events at 5 games netting 32-40 people.

We play a fair amount of team tournaments prepping people for ETC, I'm assuming that singles events would be required? Happy to plan/host some, just would have to plan out dates in advance so we don't clash with other large events.
    • Philbo wrote:

Very exciting! I know a large chunk of us Canucks are heading down to B.B and possibly Cornerhammer. If you have slots open in the north west for events that would count towards the masters, we would certainly be on board to help out. Generally we have 4 single day 3 game events spaced out over the year netting 20-28 players, and 2 two day events at 5 games netting 32-40 people.

We play a fair amount of team tournaments prepping people for ETC, I'm assuming that singles events would be required? Happy to plan/host some, just would have to plan out dates in advance so we don't clash with other large events.
      team tournaments will not count for qualifying nor warscore rankings. Please PM myself or @SirMC2015 the the singles events that are 2day/5games with info and such and we will discuss the options. We do wish to include all of NA
    • Marrcus wrote:

Great news!

Asking for a friend... is the masters open to non-US people (insert joke about your current gov.)?
      What's wrong with our current government?
      "An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you *stand, Men of the West!*"

-Aragorn, son of Arathorn