Peacemaker's Daemon Legions Report Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

• Peacemaker's Daemon Legions Report Thread

Ok I finally got some games in with my Daemon Legions so I can offically say I am a Daemon Legions player!! woooot!!

4500pt game against a Ratmen list.

Daemon Legions

Maw of Akaan(610) Genearl(60) Adept Evocation(75) Digestive Vomit(45) HammerHand(35) Dextrous Tenticles(15) 840
      Harbringer(150) BSB(50) Adept(75) BroodMother-Guide(70) Digestive Vomit-Guide(60) 405

14 Imps(315) Musician(20) Standard of Infinity(55) Champ(20) MoEC(30) 440
      25 Succubi(500) Smothering Coils(125) FC(60) 685
      Core: 1125

5 Sirens(195) Hammer Hand(30) 225

Blazing Glory(315) Bronze Backbone(350)
      6 Clawed Fiends(564) Broodmother(60) FC(60) 684
      6 Veil Serpents(520) Champion(120) 640

Vermin Swarm list I don't know the details, Refer to pictures, his models were accurate.
      In first pic his list was roughtly (from left to right)

Shooty dudes; 10 model rat unit that I shot first turn and it fled; block of slaves; Clan rat unit with Bell; 2 shooting teams(the ones that do D3 wounds); unit of clan rats( with mage, lord, grinding model); block of slvaes; 2 rat swarms; 1 weapon team; doombell; shooty ogres, shooty dudes.

You should be able to make out my units.

My spells:

---------------------------------------------

We deployed back and forth, I dropped my 2 fast can and shooting, then decided to drop everything for first turn.
      I moved everything up. Hid my fast cav on left behind ruins.
      Magic I got twisted effigy onto his shooty ogres so they couldn't shoot.
      I shot my imps at his unit of 10 rats on the left, I needed 6's to hit and got like 6 hits, did 6 wounds. His unit panicked.

-------------------------------------------

On his turn he moved up the rat swarms and doomwheel toward theClawed Fiends and Maw which I then charged. Rat swarms died. the Doom wheel went to 1 wound ran away, I restrained with the maw to get combat reform for the strength/ap buff.
      He got random move spell on my Sucubi unit so shut my unit down for the turn.
      Shooting put 2 wounds on Blazing Glory. Did a couple wounds to fast cav on right, he shot them against next turn and killed them. His other shooting killed a couple Veil Serpents.

-----------------------------------

This last pic shows the charges. I got twisted effigy on his shooting unit on left the turn before so my fast cav could go after them.

Blazing glory and Veil Sperpents charge the slaves.

Sucubi charge the weapon team in forest - he took item that made the forest dangerous terrain 2. ...I lost about 1/3 of unit.
      Clawed Fiends behind the building in picture charged the slave unit.
      Maw charges the Shooting Ogres.

I win all the combats but he holds with everything. Then on his next turn I win and able to reform for very juicy charges.
      Veil Sperpents, now at 3 models use their fly to get into flank of clan rats with characters. The Clawed Fiends are able to get flank charge on the same unit so I pin the unit.
      Maw charges doomwheel to finish it off. His right shooting unit had panicked off board when shooting ogres got wiped out.
      Sucubi in forest killed off that weapon team I had them stay in forest so as to not take DT tests again.

We fought the clanrats, serpents, fiends combat. He got some wounds in, but Veil Serpents still alive. Getting hit in both flanks means he runs off board edge.
      I win 20-0.

Overall his list was pretty heavy on shooting that just couldn't really connect due to bad BS. And as typical with heavy shooting lists, all you gotta do is rush them and combats are easy to win.
      He probably could have positioned his clanrat unit with characters better, especially to avoid that double flank charge from my Veil Serpents and Clawed Fiends.
      Other than that his shooting was on the poor side. His magic rolling was very unlucky while mine was very good.
    • This was against Vampire counts player. Quite a skilled player as well. But my town doesn't see many people playing Daemons lists for years. We get like 1 guy at a tourny from out of town who shows up with Daemons. So, NO ONE knows how Daemons play - including me since I have not played them in previous versions, lol. Lack of knowledge on how the army plays was as much a factor for him as it was me.

Roughly what he had in his list:
      3 blocks of skeletons with hand weapon shield, legion banner.
      1 unit of zombis where his Necromancer general goes.
      2 Black coaches( proxy coven throne and corpse cart)
      2 units of 8 dogs
      2 units of Winged Reapers
      Neferatu Vampire on Dragon.
      BSB Skelton on horse with 1+ re-roll armour.

-----------------------

This pic was taken after my second turn. Basically he deployed from left to right:
      Black coach, 2 skeleton units, zombie unit(with general), skele unit, Dogs, Dragon, Reapers, Dogs, Reapers.

First turn, I just moved up. Fast cav playing ring around the rosy on flanks with his units. He charged 1 unit of dogs into the maw, challenged. On my turn I cleaned them up.
      On my turn I snuck a charge of my clawed fiends into his unit of skeletons near building. He wasn't expecting that.
      So in the pic it is top of his turn 2 showing his charges. He puts a black coach into flank of Clawed Fiends. He charges dogs into the maw which is at 13 wounds, he fails a 6 charge with swiftstride. :)
      ---------------------------------------

ON the left my Sucubi move up past his dragon so it can't charge but I am giving him a flank charge with coven throne and rear charge with BSB. But I know that my unit can hold or take minimal loses unti lI can reinforce with the Blazing Glory. Since my sucubi have +1 to hit vs infantry and +1 to wound vs scoring he will not be charging those skeletons into the front of the sucubi.
      Clawed fiends and skeletons fighting it out still. HIs black coach had charged the flank, he got alchemy spell off for flaming and re-roll wounds. He rolled very badly only doing 1 wound on the fiends.
      The maw charges into his Reapers. The Veil Serpents into his dogs.
      --------------------------------------

So he gets the flank and rear charge on my sucubi. I win the combats on the right so basically own that flank and turn to help out the left.
      He grows more skeletons and zombies, positions them to try and face my units on right.
      He moved his dragon in harms way to protect his General in the zombie unit. This allowed me to get my clawed fiends into the front - I can't win that combat with the Clawed fiends but I need to hold it there for a turn to set up my maw and Veil serpetns to get a flank and rear.
      I charge the imps(YES THE IMPS!!!) into the flank of the black coach, givng me some good combat res. The black coach isn't rolling that great on this side of the table either lol.
      -----------------------------------------

This pic is I second last turn before I charge maw and vield serpents into his dragon.
      the Sucubi, coach, Skeleton BSB, Imp, blazing glory combat on bottom left has been going on for a while.
      Blazing glory was doing wounds to the BSB but he was able heal until this last turn that finished him off.
      I had charged my fast cav into his zombies because I didn't want them re-enforcing the dragon combat in my viel serpents flank. Even thought he might not have charged into it due to weak undead bleeding combat res.

After I killed his dragon and BSB. THe battle quickly turning in my favor. His general is exposed so I just have to charge in and kill it. His reapers on right failed long bomb charge. His dragon lord did a few wounds to the maw so it can now do around of combat against zombies if needed. He conceeded.
      20-0 for Daemon Legions.

This battle could have went either way if his Dogs had not failed their 6 charge with swifstride. I would have made the maw expload or put him at 15/16 wounds so I would have to run away with it.

Great experience for both of us.
    • Peacemaker wrote:

Ok I finally got some games in with my Daemon Legions so I can offically say I am a Daemon Legions player!! woooot!!

4500pt game against a Ratmen list.

Daemon Legions

Maw of Akaan(610) Genearl(60) Adept Evocation(75) Digestive Vomit(45) HammerHand(35) Dextrous Tenticles(15) 840
      Harbringer(150) BSB(50) Adept(75) BroodMother-Guide(70) Digestive Vomit-Guide(60) 405

The harbinger cannot have guiding broodmother AND guiding digestive vomit, as both are dominant (digestive vomit only if guiding, broodmother is always dominant).

14 Imps(315) Musician(20) Standard of Infinity(55) Champ(20) MoEC(30) 440
      25 Succubi(500) Smothering Coils(125) FC(60) 685
      Core: 1125

Blazing Glory(315) Bronze Backbone(350)
      6 Clawed Fiends(564) Broodmother(60) FC(60) 684
      6 Veil Serpents(520) Champion(120) 640

Vermin Swarm list I don't know the details, Refer to pictures, his models were accurate.
      In first pic his list was roughtly (from left to right)

Shooty dudes; 10 model rat unit that I shot first turn and it fled; block of slaves; Clan rat unit with Bell; 2 shooting teams(the ones that do D3 wounds); unit of clan rats( with mage, lord, grinding model); block of slvaes; 2 rat swarms; 1 weapon team; doombell; shooty ogres, shooty dudes.

You should be able to make out my units.
    • Basically same list as I used above except swapped guiding digestive vomit for +1 resilience on the harbinger which didn't come into effect.

Infernal Dwarves
      Pyro Adept on Lamasu
      Subjugator BSB in unit of Tauruk Annointed
      Big block of goblins, small block of goblins
      wolfrider character
      2 units of Tauruks
      Infernal Engine
      2 units of flintlock dwarves
      2 units of volleygun.

His shooting was quite effective at whiddling down my units. And since my list has nothing to deal with the Tauruk annointed I did my best to avoid it.
      I rushed the Sucubi and Clawed fiends up the left at his Flintlock axe guys. Rushed the maw up the right flank. Blazing Glory and Maw killed the weapon teams.
      Imps did nothing but die to a Tauruk Charge
      Succubi charged a unit of Flintlock dwarves, killled 7 and they ran. I got 1 model back from broodmosther. Dwarves regrouped I charged again, killed 2 models. ...those small bases sizes when fighting bigger bases has always been a huge factor. He held. Then on next turn I couldn't kill the 1 dwarf. which allowed his Tauruk Annointed to get chearge charge and wipe out the unit.

The clawed fiends were took 9 wounds from shooting before charging Flintlock dwarves. Won the combat, dwarves fled. Charged them next turn, same story as above, just couldn't kill enough. Which allowed the Pyromage on lamasu to get a rear charge and pop the unit.

Brazen beast and 2 light cav charged rear of goblin horde. They reformed, infernal engine came in and killed the Blazing Glory. Goblins easily killed the other two.

The other light cav eventually got kileld by pyro magic.

I charged maw that now had strength 7 AP 2, 8 wounds. Into the INfernal Engine. I did 3 wounds, he did 3 wounds. I regained none. Next round he infernal engine killed the Maw.

Veil Serpents spent most of the game trying to avoid the Tauruk Annointed. Eventually the ordinary Tauruks got a charge and fought for like 3 rounds until I finally killed them.
      My turn 6 I had the veil Serpents left.

Closing thoughts - overall my list is not optimized for very competitive play. I could have used my fast cav a bit better to chaff the Tauruk Annointed. But that still doesn't account for the weak damage output of the Succubi.

The big block of Succubi is not very optimal. However in theory crafting without a big block how am I supposed to deal with enemy ranks? There is no manifestation to increase my ranks for breaking steadfast. So hitting flanks is great but I need numbers.

Clawed fiends - Movement great as usual but their stats are average. I felt in this match the mediocre stats were not befitting of an elite unit.

Blazing Glory - very subpar. His 7/14 move is the only thing that saved him from dying right away. Deployment with this guy is everything. Overall he is too situation ally match up dependent. The stuff that has good Armour in this match I could not engage with the blazing glory due to just dying from return attacks before inflicting significant damage.

Veil Serpents were really supbar this match. Their 12" move made it very hard to get away which for a unit in Avres category. I kinda want/need/demand a fast flying unit from anything in that category. I really think they need move 14, even if that means reducing their advance move. Command options would be nice.

I still like the Sirens but I'm just playing them badly. I'm not really treating them as chaff when I need chaff. I'm treating them as medium cav since I took Hammerhand for extra attack which is not what this list needs.

Imps - absolutly useless. They need some major reworks.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Peacemaker ().

• Played a game against BeastHerds.
      I don't remember exactly what he had.
      2 Doombulls. 1 was tooled up, item to make beats hit him on 6's, divine attacks,
      2 units of minotaurs
      2 units of harpies
      1 unit of 20ish gor with throwing hand weapon
      Adept on Chariot
      Giant with beer barrel
      Couple more units that didn't do much.

I used same list as above. Thanks for pointing out the errors. I like to use the same list at least a few times even if it is bad just so I learn.

This pic is bottom of first round. He got first turn.
      Stuff not in the pic: There is a harpy unit to left of my Imps, there is a Adept at the top. On the right my MAW and veil Serpents pinned his giant in so it couldn't move next to table edge. Maw will get charge next turn.

He got first turn and just moved up and around trying to get good positions. His 1 magic missile killed 4 sirens. On my turn i pinned the giant in and moved up to cast Spear of infinity 3 times on his Minotaur unit with the super Doombull in it. I kinda casted them in the wrong order so that I didn't get the last Spell to target out his Doombull. I also chaffed the unit but I was inept and didn't chaff the character that could charge out. Huge Mistake.
      My sirens facing backwards because I expected ambushers.
      Imps did 2 wounds with shooting on the chariots.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Top of Turn 2 after combat.
      His Chariots charge the imps, I let him get +1 attack buff on his chariots. My Aegis saves spiked and made lots of them. Failed break test, lost 1 extra dude.
      His Doombull charged the Clawed Fiends, I didn't clue in that his guy had divine attacks so I did not bother to challenge. Without divine attacks there was strong chance my CHampion would survive combat, on my turn I wanted to cast a bunch of buffs on the unit. Anyway, that hitting the Doombul on 6's with no modifiers really sucks since that unit has modifiers to hit and wound Large built into their cost which I didn't get because of an oversight in the beastherds special item rule. ...its' hard enough to get the Large matchup for it to quickly be negated.

Anyway, his ambushers came on table in the bottom right. Shot the Sirens, needing 6's and kill 3.

What happens on my turn is pretty straight forward. The MAW charges the giant, does some wounds, it flees off table, I fail restrain and pursue off table which really sucks because he doesn't get his Digestive vomit and is now out of game for 2 turns.
      Succubi charge the Chariots, win combat and I made a huge mistake in choseing to pursue upwards instead of left. Because now his Ambushing guys got a flank charge.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Easy stuff out of the way.
      Veil Serpents and maw stuck at top of map. Veil Serpents 12" move is starting to be annoying for a unit that comes out of Avres.
      Blazing Glory try's to charge some Heavy Armour Beast guys, they flee, I roll a 1,1,3. Now I'm in charge arc of his Doombul when it finally kills the last Clawed Fiend - which that unit stuck in combat for a number of rounds which was good.

Succubi unit gets charged in bloth flanks. I wiff my attacks. Really not liking smothering coils, I think I'll be going with Bronze backbone everytime. This really is the biggest reason why I don't value strength that highly, you need to hit to even roll to wound so give me hit bonus's everytime and I'll hope for a lucky 6 on the wound.

----------------------------------------------

Minotaurs into the succubi, unit gets killed to just my BSB which pops from combat res.
      Doombull on right kills Blazing Glory before I can even strike. ......the more I play this guy the more I'm liking the idea that he should have armour value equal to his wounds.
      The MAW and Veil Serpents advance in the top right to cast some spells. But after this turn I back into the corner to conserve points.

We didn't tally it up at the end but he got objective. Killed lots, I killed......a harpy unit and Giant. Minotaur unit below 25% so I got that. And Chariots.
      So it looks i got 1097pts
      And he got 2989
      Difference is 1892 which means a 15-5 which becomes a 18-2 with objective.

Overall it wasn't a horrible matchup, I lost because of my 2 bad mistakes.
      MVP is actually the IMPS because they didn't get wiped out due to my spikey aegis saves. Which allowed my succubi something to charge and kill.

Broodmother on Clawed fiends did nothing because I couldn't get any wounds on his Character.
      Broodmother on Succubi did nothing because when I did get 5 wounds I rolled a 1.

Still it was a fun game. I learned alot. Such as you can see through the forest footprint which I always played as you can't see through forests to units behind them - because that is how it is in real life. .... ?(

I also learned that I am stupid and should chaff properly the character that can charge out of a unit.
      And I learned that I need to take time to think about overruns and any possible flank charges my enemies will get.

General - Oman(490) Master Divination(225) Greater Dominion(40)
      Iron Husk(85) Living Shield Guiding(55)

Maw of Akaan(565) Master of Evocation(225)
      Digestive Vomit(45) Hammer Hand(40) Centipede Legs(25) Chitinous Scales(25) Dexterous Tentacles(15)
      Characters: 1835

30 Myrmidons(605) FC(60) Piercing Spike(150) 815
      10 Succubi(205) Standard(20) Mesmerizing Plumage(10) 235
      10 Succubi(205) Mesmerizing Plumage(10) 215
      Core: 1265

Hope Harvester(285) Sorcerous Antennae(40) 325

5 Hellhounds(165) Hot Blood(5) 170
      5 Hellhounds(165) Hot Blood(5) 170
      3 Brazen Beasts(345) WhipCrack Tail(36) 381

6 Furies(173) Venom Sacs(6) 179
      3 Veil Serpents(265) Champion(120) 385
      3 Bloat Flies(290) 290
      Aves: 854

Total: 5000

Went against Vampire counts. Not sure exactly what he took so you'll have to look at the pictures.
      The ghost knights on left are a unit of 3 vampire knights. The unit with Cotton are bats and the other unit o 40mm are ghosts. |
      The Alter thing is a black caoch.
      He had 2 vamps, 1 occultism. 1 normal. 4+/4++ on General, and some decent armour on the other.
      Barrow Knight BSB 1+ reroll.
      -----------------------------------------

These pics were a couple turns in.
      His Flying Vampires charged my unit of 3 Bloat Flies. I put Know Thy Enemy and Scrying on the bloat flies. He got re-roll hits on his unit. Know they Enemy was good because I struck at same time before getting killed. I did some decent damage back but a unit of 3 flies is a sacraficial unit in my opionion. Dogs charged in after.
      I made a bad mistake by trying to get my Oman into his Barrow knight so I took it out of the Myrmidon unit. So he charged in some zombies. I had expected to reinforce after killing the Flying Vamps and Vamp Knights but those combats took too long to grind out.

The Hope Harvestor got 2 round of shooting off on the Terrogiest, First time I rolled a 10 and used 3 tokens. 19 dice later, hit on 5's wound on 5's,0 wounds. 2nd turn rolled double 1's and used 2 tokens, I got 1 wound through. :)
      His Black Coach got a flank charge on my Hounds with potential overrun into Brazen Beasts. I joked that he would fluff his attacks like he did in the last game. And guess what? he fluffed, did no wounds. Failing the hound test helped. I failed from and the combat grinded for a few turns. He didn't kill the hounds until he got the Ghosts into the side. lol. The the Maw was able to charge in and kill the Ghosts, then got a charger into the Terroghiest.

The big combat was his skeletons with VC's into the Myrmidons. I target all attacks onto his characters and because of Piercing Strike I got some wounds through. Turn 5 I even killed his general! But he slowly wiped out the unit.
      Oman eventually died to the Zombies. Taking him out of the unit was a mistake but what else am I supposed to do against VC's who can regrow champions literally every single turn. Sure they use all their magic dice but THEY WILL get 1 Evok off to regrow that champion.

[img][url]https://live.staticflickr.com/7854/32594340947_a52956e63b_b.jpg[/url][img]

I lost, there wasn't time to calculate points. I had the MAW and 1 Fury left.
      He had his 2nd [lexicon]vampire Count[/lexicon], Barrow Knight, his 4 skely/zomb blocks, black coach. And he had objective.

Overall I like having 2 master [lexicon]wizards[/lexicon] with lots of dice. 2 dicing a bunch of [lexicon]spells[/lexicon] is alot of fun.
      I do have to get better on unit placement with setting up charges and stuff.[/img]