Problem with steam copters in a 2x1 formation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

• Problem with steam copters in a 2x1 formation

I am running steam copters in a 2x1 formation. It fits (see below), but it doesn't look pretty. They are mounted with a 3mm acrilic rod. I also have a 4mm rod, which might be sturdy enough to mount the left one leaning left and the right one leaning right. They will have to be mounted lower to the ground, otherwise the bases will fall over (might happen anyway). I don't have infinite tries, because the bases will be full of holes.
      Any ideas are much appreciated.

copter problem2.jpg
    • User rare earth magnets, use a drill bit to drill into the bottom of the base and add liquid greenstuff (for extra hold) and super glue the magnet into the base. Then get a metal movement tray. I get mine from Shogun miniatures . They have both straight up flat metal or bent edges. I'd recommend a slightly larger base than the 80mm x 40mm (2x1) so that the models have some extra balance. Then you can have them hanging off any which way you want.

I did that with similar bases for my Chosen Knights and did the same with a magnetic 50x100mm base for my AoS Archaon model.

Display Spoiler

This is what I mean by bigger flat metal base. Used just for balance and other units fit perfectly fine on top of it for combat. He stands up fine on his own. But if someone were to bump the table while playing he'd fall right over.

• Rather than have each model mounted in the middle of the base, mount them 10mm from the front and the side.

OOOO
      OXOO
      OOOO
      OOOO

The X is where the stand should go, rather than directly in the centre

Then deploy them together like this:

OOOO OOOO
      OXOO OOOO
      OOOO OOXO
      OOOO OOOO

You can aim them a little off to either side to give a little more separation if necessary.

Another option is to instead of making one taller, make one shorter.
      ie. get rid of the scenic base for one of them

The post was edited 1 time, last by theunwantedbeing ().

• Problem with steam copters in a 2x1 formation

tunasandwichify wrote:

User rare earth magnets, use a drill bit to drill into the bottom of the base and add liquid greenstuff (for extra hold) and super glue the magnet into the base. Then get a metal movement tray. I get mine from Shogun miniatures . They have both straight up flat metal or bent edges. I'd recommend a slightly larger base than the 80mm x 40mm (2x1) so that the models have some extra balance. Then you can have them hanging off any which way you want.

I did that with similar bases for my Chosen Knights and did the same with a magnetic 50x100mm base for my AoS Archaon model.

Display Spoiler

This is what I mean by bigger flat metal base. Used just for balance and other units fit perfectly fine on top of it for combat. He stands up fine on his own. But if someone were to bump the table while playing he'd fall right over.

Good suggestion I think with the larger base for stability

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A5010 met Tapatalk
      Give in to the sin....