It's time for Arctica !

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

    Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

    • @HKYUGOK
      This dwarf king didn't go to the south. His uncle, former king, ordered his people to evacuate while Krag Marzghal was under siege from evil men, beasts and giants without and a daemonic presence from within. The former king, Thorek , and his brother Flokki (the current king's father),died fighting in the rear guard, in defense of his fleeing people. Oin Flokkison was still in his mother's belly when this occurred. His mother, being the only royal to survive the assault, became regent of the clan until her son came of age to rule the clan. The dwarfs made their way into Ukray, from where they were able to recoup and then make their way into the southern dwarven kingdoms. In was in this time that Oin was born, never to even lay eyes upon his ancestral hold.

      Clan Marzghal was able to rebuild its population and became renown for it's weapons manufacturing abilities and it's superior warriors. In this time many southern dwarfs married into the clan and helped rebuild their structure. Oin himself was instructed under the best tutors that could be found and soon found himself as a capable leader of his folk, seen by the king of their adopted hold as his own son. In fact, in time Oin's mother married this widower king. (I haven't worked out which southern hold or king yet).

      One day, a group of seekers arrived with news from the north. They had entered the ruins of what was a hall of Krag Marzghal and found it full of beastmen whelps and breeders. It seemed that the main force of beasts had been off raiding. The seekers made short work of the few capable beasts on the halls and then went about the business of destroying every last mewling abomination and breeder alive in the halls.

      The most senior of the seekers thought it prudent to inform clan Marzghal and picked his 2 fastest runners to go to the south with his message for Oin. The rest of the seekers decided to continue to hold the ruins in case of the return of the main beastmen raiding force.

      Upon receiving the head seeker's message, King Oin marshalled his forces to return to Krag Marzghal and retake his home that he never knew. With a contingent of soldiers gifted from his step father and gunpowder and artillery troops from the engineer's guild, King Oin started his long March north to reclaim his kingdom.
    • JimMorr wrote:

      As for VS... There was a statement in one of scrolls that in the far North there are white rats who still bear Eagles of their fallen empire... correct me if I am wrong...
      There is. Thing is, since all the Vermin hae access to the Aquila of Ruin, I'm not sure that makes them very special.
      A summary of all proposed ideas from the VS LAB brainstorm thread

      "Après la vie - le mort, après le mort, la vie de noveau.
      Après le monde - le gris; après le gris - le monde de nouveau.
      "
    • Great idea with the map and fluff unification :)

      But I wonder, how does your fluff @infamousme work with Northern Dwarfs history? They are not exiles in my book, but a lost branch.
      Northern Dwarfs Armybook in the Homebrew Section.

      Northern Dwarfs ADT

      The King in the North

      Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Norther Dwarfs Armybook must be destroyed made official!
    • infamousme wrote:

      @HKYUGOK
      This dwarf king didn't go to the south. His uncle, former king, ordered his people to evacuate while Krag Marzghal was under siege from evil men, beasts and giants without and a daemonic presence from within. The former king, Thorek , and his brother Flokki (the current king's father),died fighting in the rear guard, in defense of his fleeing people. Oin Flokkison was still in his mother's belly when this occurred. His mother, being the only royal to survive the assault, became regent of the clan until her son came of age to rule the clan. The dwarfs made their way into Ukray, from where they were able to recoup and then make their way into the southern dwarven kingdoms. In was in this time that Oin was born, never to even lay eyes upon his ancestral hold.

      Clan Marzghal was able to rebuild its population and became renown for it's weapons manufacturing abilities and it's superior warriors. In this time many southern dwarfs married into the clan and helped rebuild their structure. Oin himself was instructed under the best tutors that could be found and soon found himself as a capable leader of his folk, seen by the king of their adopted hold as his own son. In fact, in time Oin's mother married this widower king. (I haven't worked out which southern hold or king yet).

      One day, a group of seekers arrived with news from the north. They had entered the ruins of what was a hall of Krag Marzghal and found it full of beastmen whelps and breeders. It seemed that the main force of beasts had been off raiding. The seekers made short work of the few capable beasts on the halls and then went about the business of destroying every last mewling abomination and breeder alive in the halls.

      The most senior of the seekers thought it prudent to inform clan Marzghal and picked his 2 fastest runners to go to the south with his message for Oin. The rest of the seekers decided to continue to hold the ruins in case of the return of the main beastmen raiding force.

      Upon receiving the head seeker's message, King Oin marshalled his forces to return to Krag Marzghal and retake his home that he never knew. With a contingent of soldiers gifted from his step father and gunpowder and artillery troops from the engineer's guild, King Oin started his long March north to reclaim his kingdom.
      Thank you it's clearer for me now. Google translate does not always translate well.
      As @Vitnar says, the different fluff must match together.

      I encountered this difficulty too. So I thought about a job we could do once the arctic world ended.

      - I propose to make a collection. there would be summaries of the fluffs of all the armies. So, with all the fluffs under the eyes, it will be easier to tune them all.
      - It also takes a timeline to date the events and continue to tune the different fluff.

      We create puzzle pieces. Now we have to build it to see more clearly. It will be easier for those who invent new armies in the countries under construction.

      What do you think ?
      However, I propose to finish north before.
    • Vitnar wrote:

      Great idea with the map and fluff unification :)

      But I wonder, how does your fluff @infamousme work with Northern Dwarfs history? They are not exiles in my book, but a lost branch.
      I never said that northern dwarfs were exiles. Only that one hold had been destroyed and the survivors of that one hold were exiles (self exiled, not that the other northern dwarfs kicked them south) for a time before returning to take it back.
    • Villon wrote:

      the cronology is like...

      200 BS (Before Sunna)
      150 AS (After Sunna)

      u know, that humand like to be the center of the universe :P
      I suspected that sunna would be zero point ^^ . So it would be necessary to combine the dates, even to know if there are important dates. Like the dating of the ages and what happens there.
      Because suddenly, how to date our kingdoms, our kings and queens, events, our alliance, the great war etc?
      @infamousme gives us an excellent fluff and even a king's name! But we do not know when is this.
      I think a timeline would be important to help create the army.
    • infamousme wrote:

      Vitnar wrote:

      Great idea with the map and fluff unification :)

      But I wonder, how does your fluff @infamousme work with Northern Dwarfs history? They are not exiles in my book, but a lost branch.
      I never said that northern dwarfs were exiles. Only that one hold had been destroyed and the survivors of that one hold were exiles (self exiled, not that the other northern dwarfs kicked them south) for a time before returning to take it back.
      Can we imagine you're talking about the king of the northern dwarves or a king among others? And where do you find his city? South of the jotun mountains, near your kingdom?
      And concerning your kingdom, where are you king elves? Where do you place the queen, her sister?

      I am disappointed that the creator of the northern dwarves does not intervene to agree with our fluff.
    • I would imagine that each hold has a king who is himself under a high king. Seems like typical dwarven society, whether they be norse dwarfs or in the southlands.

      The destruction was 90 years ago from the current timeline. The kings of both the Boreans and the dwarfs of Krag Marzghal are contemporary in the timeline.

      Queen Agyarta lives in the Rosebriar, a thickly forested valley at the base of the Jötunn peaks. Her court is protected from the north, west and east by an unimaginably tangled briar forest who's secret paths are only known to her people and maintained by her personal handmaidens.

      King Weodyn's halls are at the northwest point of the Borean forest. Looking north across the hunting plains of Ullyanor and south across the vast canopy of the forest.
    • infamousme wrote:

      I would imagine that each hold has a king who is himself under a high king. Seems like typical dwarven society, whether they be norse dwarfs or in the southlands.

      The destruction was 90 years ago from the current timeline. The kings of both the Boreans and the dwarfs of Krag Marzghal are contemporary in the timeline.

      Queen Agyarta lives in the Rosebriar, a thickly forested valley at the base of the Jötunn peaks. Her court is protected from the north, west and east by an unimaginably tangled briar forest who's secret paths are only known to her people and maintained by her personal handmaidens.

      King Weodyn's halls are at the northwest point of the Borean forest. Looking north across the hunting plains of Ullyanor and south across the vast canopy of the forest.
      The map I made corresponds to your fluff. We see the forest of the queen north at the foot of the mountains and further down the forest where the king is.

      Ok. When I make the big map I will know where to place your king and your queen.
      Ok the story is today, so in the 9th age.
      When we have a general chronology of the 9th age game, it would be interesting to date the creation of the Borean elves, just like Ukray and Cemen Cala (land of ice elves) and the northern dwarf empire.

      I find the idea for the dwarf good. But as I said I'd like the creator of the northern dwarves to show us more.
    • Actually, according to Sir Pratchett, the dwarves' supreme leader is the low king, not the high king (because he rules from the deepest caves).

      (incidentally, he's also a female dwarf, but just like most female dwarves, doesn't show that he's a woman by keeping his beard very long)
      GHAÂAÂAÂARN ! — The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young
      First T9A player in West Africa
    • HKYUGOK wrote:

      infamousme wrote:

      I would imagine that each hold has a king who is himself under a high king. Seems like typical dwarven society, whether they be norse dwarfs or in the southlands.

      The destruction was 90 years ago from the current timeline. The kings of both the Boreans and the dwarfs of Krag Marzghal are contemporary in the timeline.

      Queen Agyarta lives in the Rosebriar, a thickly forested valley at the base of the Jötunn peaks. Her court is protected from the north, west and east by an unimaginably tangled briar forest who's secret paths are only known to her people and maintained by her personal handmaidens.

      King Weodyn's halls are at the northwest point of the Borean forest. Looking north across the hunting plains of Ullyanor and south across the vast canopy of the forest.
      The map I made corresponds to your fluff. We see the forest of the queen north at the foot of the mountains and further down the forest where the king is.
      Ok. When I make the big map I will know where to place your king and your queen.
      Ok the story is today, so in the 9th age.
      When we have a general chronology of the 9th age game, it would be interesting to date the creation of the Borean elves, just like Ukray and Cemen Cala (land of ice elves) and the northern dwarf empire.

      I find the idea for the dwarf good. But as I said I'd like the creator of the northern dwarves to show us more.
      Whst exactly do you seek after HKYUGOK? Wgen I wrote my little piece for the ND:
      1. I had 0 experience in writing such stuff
      2. There was no north fluff in T9A that I knew of
      3. I had a lot more time then, hard to drop mamy hours into it now


      That said, Northern Dwarfs are my lovechild and I would never abandon them. Is there any way we could liaise @infamousme to create one coherent story?
      Northern Dwarfs Armybook in the Homebrew Section.

      Northern Dwarfs ADT

      The King in the North

      Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Norther Dwarfs Armybook must be destroyed made official!
    • Vitnar wrote:

      HKYUGOK wrote:

      infamousme wrote:

      I would imagine that each hold has a king who is himself under a high king. Seems like typical dwarven society, whether they be norse dwarfs or in the southlands.

      The destruction was 90 years ago from the current timeline. The kings of both the Boreans and the dwarfs of Krag Marzghal are contemporary in the timeline.

      Queen Agyarta lives in the Rosebriar, a thickly forested valley at the base of the Jötunn peaks. Her court is protected from the north, west and east by an unimaginably tangled briar forest who's secret paths are only known to her people and maintained by her personal handmaidens.

      King Weodyn's halls are at the northwest point of the Borean forest. Looking north across the hunting plains of Ullyanor and south across the vast canopy of the forest.
      The map I made corresponds to your fluff. We see the forest of the queen north at the foot of the mountains and further down the forest where the king is.Ok. When I make the big map I will know where to place your king and your queen.
      Ok the story is today, so in the 9th age.
      When we have a general chronology of the 9th age game, it would be interesting to date the creation of the Borean elves, just like Ukray and Cemen Cala (land of ice elves) and the northern dwarf empire.

      I find the idea for the dwarf good. But as I said I'd like the creator of the northern dwarves to show us more.
      Whst exactly do you seek after HKYUGOK? Wgen I wrote my little piece for the ND:1. I had 0 experience in writing such stuff
      2. There was no north fluff in T9A that I knew of
      3. I had a lot more time then, hard to drop mamy hours into it now


      That said, Northern Dwarfs are my lovechild and I would never abandon them. Is there any way we could liaise @infamousme to create one coherent story?
      Oh sorry @Vitnar ! you are the creator of the northern dwarves. It is an error of inattention on my part. I just watched. Still sorry. ^^
      Please do not add a grudge to me anymore lol

      So it's perfect !!
      So we miss it more than åskland.

      Yes you can agree with @infamousme it would be perfect.
      With @Villon too since you trade with Ukray.
      When my ice elves are cold with the dwarves. They regard the dwarves as desiring the mine elves. If you have an idea of grudges I'm listening.

      Can you also give us the location of your cities and your king's name or your kings please.

      Are your locations on the map suitable for you? How many mountains do you want? In Askland one of the mountains will be invaded by vermin.

      Thank you and still sorry.

      The post was edited 3 times, last by HKYUGOK ().

    • Don't you worry, no grudge is held on my part :D

      Just add one green mountain on the teritory of Ice Elves and Ukray (we are known to live in isolated places after all) and let me thonk of hold names.

      And I'm more keen to see the High Queen as the main ruler, as ND are more matriarchal due to their history :)
      Northern Dwarfs Armybook in the Homebrew Section.

      Northern Dwarfs ADT

      The King in the North

      Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Norther Dwarfs Armybook must be destroyed made official!
    • I've been dicking around with an idea for a glacial UD faction where instead of chariots they ride WAR SLEDS to battle. More of a gothic tone, sombre stonework protected by animated statues and legions of frost-covered skeletons haunting the blizzard-ridden streets of long forgotten cities.

      You think y'all could fit me in if i write something up?
      "You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -Death
      Phae's Pointy-Ear Blog: Elves in a Corner
    • Yeah, a huge fan WC3 here. Never played WoW though.

      *cough* ahem. To the point.

      *****************************************************************

      In the deep north, where for weeks at a time the sun will not show her golden face, once lived men. Hard men. Noble men. Men long dead, yet never resting.

      Where the peaks of the roof of the world part lies Bitterwind Vale. From north to south it runs as a scar upon the land, the sanking stream of the Heathrun frozen for most of the year, huricane winds of mighty blizzards blasting the mirror surface marbled with ever shifting snows.

      Halls of dark stone built tall, once bustling with life, now lie silent. Alas, not entirely dead.

      Hollow shapes of men haunt the snow-laden streets and alleys, peer through paneless windows, man the proud walls in untiring vigil without end. Bare bones of the men now forgotten by history smile without joy as they watch, and wait. Wait, but not much longer. As it once was, so shall the north again be theirs.


      History of the Pale Legions
      Display Spoiler

      Such is the realm of the God King, Chalaath Ur Nammon, the Timeless, the Deathless, the Boundless.

      Self-styled King of All the North, long centuries have passed since he could own up to his lofty titles. Once one of the greatest Wizard Kings the world has seen, he has fallen far from glory. Long ago, he made a decision that he would forever bear the consequenses of.

      The hardest times the north had ever seen happened upon him in his old age, at the peak of his power. Having built a vast kingdom in the north, he had not had the eye for an heir, so enveloped was he in conquest and his unquenchable thirst for magical lore. Queenless and sonless, he plunged himself ever deeper into his studies, for the seasons had turned against him and the winters were bitter and long, in between which snows barely melted ere the new cold. His people were starving, his line was fading, and his kingdowm crumbling under ever growing civil unrest.

      He then found what he thought was the solution, a ritual of a massive scale that would rid his people of their need of grain, of their need of sleep, of their short tempers that were tearing his realm apart from the inside. An ancient spell of immortality.

      His vast wealth made possible to gather the ingredients for the ritual, the cadres of disciples lured over the decades by the depth of his knowledge provided enough ritualists to cast the spell over all the nation, the desperation of his people allowing it to happen without meaningful resistance.

      For a while, all was good. The people suddenly needed not eat, fell not into anger, worked without sleep for the benefit of the realm, and once again the north prospered. It was not meant to last.

      Soon, all noticed the strange apathy choking their hearts. All emotion seemed distant, echoes of passions growing quieter and quieter. Yet the more difficult those once burning fires of feeling grew to remember, the more accustomed everyone grew of the new world order. The word of the King and his lords was law, every command obeyed without question. None were exactly content, and at the same time no one felt the need to rebel.

      Intoxicated with this never before heard of power of total obedience, the King Chalaath launched a new campaign of expansion wars. It was a disaster.

      His armies marched tirelessly, obeyed every command to the letter, yet seemed unable to make any decision for themselves. Without constant guidance from their superiors, the soldiers would stop fighting mid melee, looking on dumbly as they were hacked apart.

      The military might of the God King broken, his armies retreated to the most remote corner of the kingdom, the Bitterwind Vale, and fortified it against any assault. Centuries of self-imposed seclusion followed as Chalaath and his trusted wizard lords worked to find out what was happening to their people.

      As time went on, flesh rotted on the walking bodies of the people, sloughing off in stinking heaps. Chalaath and his advisors studied the ancient texts tirelessly for many long years as their subjects wasted away around them. The same living death had taken their own bodies, yet their minds were clear, so they cared little.

      Over time, they learned that the spell had infact prevented death of natural causes by diluting it into an ever present force in the subjects of the magic. They could not truly die for they were no longer truly alive. Only an exceptionally vital spirit would remain completely sentient in that state without outside aid from Chalaath's wizard lords.

      Slowly, incantation by incantation, obscure reference at a time, the Council learned to control the magic. They infused statuary with living souls to create automatons, they poured their powers into chosen subjects to empower them to do their bidding. Bit by bit, their control grew, and they made wondrous things with their new found power.

      To this day, they are learning, and when they think themselves ready, the Pale Legions of the icy dales will march once more.


      The army will be a mixed flavor of existing undead factions, having features of the Terracotta and Barrow Legions as well as some references from the VC book.

      The basic troops will be Skeletons and Draugr. No mounted skeletons in the deep snows, only the zombified steeds of the draugr can handle the difficult terrain. In place of chariots, we have battle sleds. There are a couple of ethereal units, and our menagerie will be unique.

      Golems, made of stone and imbued with immortal souls, shall be present like they are in classical UD. I will have to give some thought to proper ASAW, still.

      The character section will be revamped to represent the three kinds of undead in Bitterwind Vale; liches, draugr and phantasms. The Arch Lich will supplant the Pharaoh as the obvious choice for general, but can only be a wizard master; the Phantasmal Prince will be an assassin-like character that can be made into small wizard. Skeleton Kings will have Not a Leader, and will be a cheapish melee specialist. The basic fighty lords are the Draugr Overseer and the Draugr Tyrant.

      Entry List (will be expanded upon later)
      Display Spoiler

      CHARACTERS

      Arch Lich
      -master wizard, hierophant exuivalent

      Draugr Tyrant
      -fighty lord

      Draugr Overseer
      -fighty hero, BSB

      Skeleton King
      -specialist fighter, maybe can be BSB

      Phantasmal Prince
      -pseudoassassin, little wizard option



      CORE

      Skeletons

      Skeleton Archers

      Draugr
      -tougher basic infantry

      Draugr Horsemen
      -like Black Knights



      SPECIAL

      Skeleton Battle Sleds
      -core if big enough unit

      Necropolis Guard
      -skeleton elite

      Draugr Cataphracts
      -mon cav

      Stone Sentinels
      -shabti

      Obsidian Gargoyles
      -inanimate flying beasts

      Phantasms
      -aegis vs magical

      Lich Coven
      -wizard conclave ranged unit



      HAIL OF DEATH

      Skeleton Greatbow
      -bolt thrower, basically

      Draugr Scorpion Sled
      -small bolt thrower on chariot

      Glacial Catapult
      -catapult with special frost attack

      Snow Serpents
      -like sand stalkers



      FROZEN COLOSSI

      War Strider
      -war sphinx. option for small bolt thrower maybe?

      Mummified Giant
      -dead giant mummified in ice

      Obsidian Titan
      -big monster



      MOUNTS

      Death Steed
      -horse

      Battle Sled
      -chariot

      Snow Serpent
      -mon beast

      War Strider
      -sphinx mount, no bolter option

      Frost Wyrm
      -undead dragon with ice breath (warcraft yay)
      "You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -Death
      Phae's Pointy-Ear Blog: Elves in a Corner
    • Phaeoron wrote:

      Yeah, a huge fan WC3 here. Never played WoW though.

      *cough* ahem. To the point.

      *****************************************************************

      In the deep north, where for weeks at a time the sun will not show her golden face, once lived men. Hard men. Noble men. Men long dead, yet never resting.

      Where the peaks of the roof of the world part lies Bitterwind Vale. From north to south it runs as a scar upon the land, the sanking stream of the Heathrun frozen for most of the year, huricane winds of mighty blizzards blasting the mirror surface marbled with ever shifting snows.

      Halls of dark stone built tall, once bustling with life, now lie silent. Alas, not entirely dead.

      Hollow shapes of men haunt the snow-laden streets and alleys, peer through paneless windows, man the proud walls in untiring vigil without end. Bare bones of the men now forgotten by history smile without joy as they watch, and wait. Wait, but not much longer. As it once was, so shall the north again be theirs.


      History of the Pale Legions
      Display Spoiler

      Such is the realm of the God King, Chalaath Ur Nammon, the Timeless, the Deathless, the Boundless.

      Self-styled King of All the North, long centuries have passed since he could own up to his lofty titles. Once one of the greatest Wizard Kings the world has seen, he has fallen far from glory. Long ago, he made a decision that he would forever bear the consequenses of.

      The hardest times the north had ever seen happened upon him in his old age, at the peak of his power. Having built a vast kingdom in the north, he had not had the eye for an heir, so enveloped was he in conquest and his unquenchable thirst for magical lore. Queenless and sonless, he plunged himself ever deeper into his studies, for the seasons had turned against him and the winters were bitter and long, in between which snows barely melted ere the new cold. His people were starving, his line was fading, and his kingdowm crumbling under ever growing civil unrest.

      He then found what he thought was the solution, a ritual of a massive scale that would rid his people of their need of grain, of their need of sleep, of their short tempers that were tearing his realm apart from the inside. An ancient spell of immortality.

      His vast wealth made possible to gather the ingredients for the ritual, the cadres of disciples lured over the decades by the depth of his knowledge provided enough ritualists to cast the spell over all the nation, the desperation of his people allowing it to happen without meaningful resistance.

      For a while, all was good. The people suddenly needed not eat, fell not into anger, worked without sleep for the benefit of the realm, and once again the north prospered. It was not meant to last.

      Soon, all noticed the strange apathy choking their hearts. All emotion seemed distant, echoes of passions growing quieter and quieter. Yet the more difficult those once burning fires of feeling grew to remember, the more accustomed everyone grew of the new world order. The word of the King and his lords was law, every command obeyed without question. None were exactly content, and at the same time no one felt the need to rebel.

      Intoxicated with this never before heard of power of total obedience, the King Chalaath launched a new campaign of expansion wars. It was a disaster.

      His armies marched tirelessly, obeyed every command to the letter, yet seemed unable to make any decision for themselves. Without constant guidance from their superiors, the soldiers would stop fighting mid melee, looking on dumbly as they were hacked apart.

      The military might of the God King broken, his armies retreated to the most remote corner of the kingdom, the Bitterwind Vale, and fortified it against any assault. Centuries of self-imposed seclusion followed as Chalaath and his trusted wizard lords worked to find out what was happening to their people.

      As time went on, flesh rotted on the walking bodies of the people, sloughing off in stinking heaps. Chalaath and his advisors studied the ancient texts tirelessly for many long years as their subjects wasted away around them. The same living death had taken their own bodies, yet their minds were clear, so they cared little.

      Over time, they learned that the spell had infact prevented death of natural causes by diluting it into an ever present force in the subjects of the magic. They could not truly die for they were no longer truly alive. Only an exceptionally vital spirit would remain completely sentient in that state without outside aid from Chalaath's wizard lords.

      Slowly, incantation by incantation, obscure reference at a time, the Council learned to control the magic. They infused statuary with living souls to create automatons, they poured their powers into chosen subjects to empower them to do their bidding. Bit by bit, their control grew, and they made wondrous things with their new found power.

      To this day, they are learning, and when they think themselves ready, the Pale Legions of the icy dales will march once more.


      The army will be a mixed flavor of existing undead factions, having features of the Terracotta and Barrow Legions as well as some references from the VC book.

      The basic troops will be Skeletons and Draugr. No mounted skeletons in the deep snows, only the zombified steeds of the draugr can handle the difficult terrain. In place of chariots, we have battle sleds. There are a couple of ethereal units, and our menagerie will be unique.

      Golems, made of stone and imbued with immortal souls, shall be present like they are in classical UD. I will have to give some thought to proper ASAW, still.

      The character section will be revamped to represent the three kinds of undead in Bitterwind Vale; liches, draugr and phantasms. The Arch Lich will supplant the Pharaoh as the obvious choice for general, but can only be a wizard master; the Phantasmal Prince will be an assassin-like character that can be made into small wizard. Skeleton Kings will have Not a Leader, and will be a cheapish melee specialist. The basic fighty lords are the Draugr Overseer and the Draugr Tyrant.

      Entry List (will be expanded upon later)
      Display Spoiler

      CHARACTERS

      Arch Lich
      -master wizard, hierophant exuivalent

      Draugr Tyrant
      -fighty lord

      Draugr Overseer
      -fighty hero, BSB

      Skeleton King
      -specialist fighter, maybe can be BSB

      Phantasmal Prince
      -pseudoassassin, little wizard option



      CORE

      Skeletons

      Skeleton Archers

      Draugr
      -tougher basic infantry

      Draugr Horsemen
      -like Black Knights



      SPECIAL

      Skeleton Battle Sleds
      -core if big enough unit

      Necropolis Guard
      -skeleton elite

      Draugr Cataphracts
      -mon cav

      Stone Sentinels
      -shabti

      Obsidian Gargoyles
      -inanimate flying beasts

      Phantasms
      -aegis vs magical

      Lich Coven
      -wizard conclave ranged unit



      HAIL OF DEATH

      Skeleton Greatbow
      -bolt thrower, basically

      Draugr Scorpion Sled
      -small bolt thrower on chariot

      Glacial Catapult
      -catapult with special frost attack

      Snow Serpents
      -like sand stalkers



      FROZEN COLOSSI

      War Strider
      -war sphinx. option for small bolt thrower maybe?

      Mummified Giant
      -dead giant mummified in ice

      Obsidian Titan
      -big monster



      MOUNTS

      Death Steed
      -horse

      Battle Sled
      -chariot

      Snow Serpent
      -mon beast

      War Strider
      -sphinx mount, no bolter option

      Frost Wyrm
      -undead dragon with ice breath (warcraft yay)

      Where does this fluff come from?

      It would fit perfectly with what I had thought. When I make the map, there will be a land above, and this kingdom will be in this kind of antarctic. There was a displacement of the poles which explains the glaciation which I will explain in a fluff later. Great !
    • Ghiznuk wrote:

      @Phaeoron that totally reminds me something from Blizzard.
      Northrend, and so on.

      @Vitnar matriarchal, sure, but do your female dwarves embrace their femalehood or do they behave and dress like any other (male) dwarf ? :)
      Well yes, as a matter of fact they do embrace it. They braid more jewels into their beards for instance ;)

      In all seriousness, I've never considered it that much. What battered to me, is that the females are much more present in the political system of the society, very akin to how it worked in the Hodenosaune (Iroquois League) in pre-Columbian North America.

      Plus, the hardy nature and more scarce numbers of the ND makes it imperative to see female warriors in the battlefield, like the Valkyries.
      Northern Dwarfs Armybook in the Homebrew Section.

      Northern Dwarfs ADT

      The King in the North

      Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Norther Dwarfs Armybook must be destroyed made official!