New ID book

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The brand new army book for Infernal Dwarves is finally available, along with a small surprise! Remember that it is a beta version, and provide us your feedback!

• New ID book

Great work team.

I have my first game on Sunday so will be trying out a heap of the new/revised bros.

thanks again for all your hard work
      Please visit the blog chronicling my never ending campaign to have the 9th Age’s biggest Infernal Dwarf army and all sorts of hobby craziness:

ironhaiden666.blogspot.com

Keep Calm and Stay Infernal
    • That seems to be the new direction of the game (see DL). It is designed for and by players that are really deep into the game. Very, very high relative complexity, even for a game that was complex already. It will be interesting to play but requires a fair amount of study time.
      9th Age has chosen who it wants to cater and it doesnt want to cater.
      Booooooaaaaaarsssss .... Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge !!!
    • Pellegrim wrote:

That seems to be the new direction of the game (see DL). It is designed for and by players that are really deep into the game. Very, very high relative complexity, even for a game that was complex already. It will be interesting to play but requires a fair amount of study time.
      the are the simpleton WdG for newbies.
    • If this is the direction of all the books, this game will not find new players at all and loose those who don´t wish to do lawyer discussions in each game.

And they told us that the demons should be outliners in special rules, now there is not a single unit in the book that has not new special rules added. Even the most tarpit slave unit, instead of just beeing cheap as hell, got special rules to boost their shooting.
    • berti wrote:

If this is the direction of all the books, this game will not find new players at all and loose those who don´t wish to do lawyer discussions in each game.
      That's a bit grim, but yes the entry barrier will be very high. You will soley depend on the Quick Starter rules to bring people in and I think that a flawed theory. Suddenly you now need two rulesets to get people in the game.

On the other hand, 9th Age is becoming an extra-ordinatry cool and dense rules set, with a extreme amount of depth in it. That is def. worth something. It aims at advanced gamers. This should be in it PR core message - otherwise you'll dissappoint people later on.
    • Pellegrim wrote:

That seems to be the new direction of the game (see DL). It is designed for and by players that are really deep into the game. Very, very high relative complexity, even for a game that was complex already. It will be interesting to play but requires a fair amount of study time.

Eh, no.

DL was allowed to be complex due to the nature of the army, afaik.
      Both DL and WDG were considered special in regards to their complexity, in particular DL.

From what has previously been told we should NOT expect books to be of a similar level of complexity as the DL and WDG books.

TBH the book seem more to suffer from layout and rule-wording issues and could probably do with some rethinking here and there. Personally I find the DL book considerably more difficult to read and get an understanding of.
    • Pinktaco wrote:

Pellegrim wrote:

Eh, no.

DL was allowed to be complex due to the nature of the army, afaik.
      Both DL and WDG were considered special in regards to their complexity, in particular DL.

From what has previously been told we should NOT expect books to be of a similar level of complexity as the DL and WDG books.

TBH the book seem more to suffer from layout and rule-wording issues and could probably do with some rethinking here and there. Personally I find the DL book considerably more difficult to read and get an understanding of.
      Eh yes.

Hidden spells, mini-game, kitting gear post start, layers of synergy. Just look at all the new special rules. Denying it is a bit out of touch imo.

Anyhow, this is how the more experienced players in a few chats I am in experience it. And I fully agree.

Pellegrim wrote:

On the other hand, 9th Age is becoming an extra-ordinatry cool and dense rules set, with a extreme amount of depth in it. That is def. worth something. It aims at advanced gamers. This should be in it PR core message - otherwise you'll dissappoint people later on.
    • Feel like in the old game. Last book is insane as with GW.
      As an empire player I fully agree with a complete generalisation of plate armour. It' s soooo good to have res4 3+ fier in core!
      But you are right it was not enough to have elves support units. I will not talk of full vanguard dwarves or DL book
      Good job guys!
    • Well no risk no reward.

There are way more people saying its underpower then over. Which is all pretty silly as I doubt many have them have played a game with it.

I like the team taking risks, even though I personally think the Demon book did not turn out well or intuitive, I applaud them for trying new things. Its a living game after all.

For the record these new rules are nothing like new rules complexity creep that would come out with each GW book lol, I personally don't think they are overly complex or really that much out of the norm. I definitely see some annoying things (looking at you Lamasu, a true mental tax on less experienced opponents and otherwise waste of time), but its Beta after all, and things will improve, or get annoying in new exciting ways.

I'm definitely excited about trying everything out and having an informed opinion though!

Thank you 9th age team for all your hard work!
      Keeper of the Zoo
      Images of Ma Stuff
      My Warriors of Ind/Sagarikadesha Painting blog

In Northern CA? Give me a buzz or visit our FB Group: Norcal 9th Age
    • baldargent wrote:

Thank you for this Book.
      Now WE 've got infernal tools.
      Two little question ...
      1 .
      Infernal armour Key World IS strange no?
      Why juste no write aegis 5+ against flaming.
      Moove or fire for infernal artillery ...ok
      But we have march ans advance set to 0....why?

I m so exiting to deal with this Book
      Thanks a lot
      1: It's so you can add 1 to a ward save in certain instances. Like when equipped with Basalt Infusion.

2: The 0 move was added first, then someone pointed out that technically it could still move and shoot, bypassing certain effects that rely on the model standing still (like Swarm of Insects). So the 0 bit is a bit of a leftover.

Lord of the Hobby

The Great Horde of Chaos <-My hobby blog Tyranno's Ride into the Steppes <-My Makhar hobby/army-list blog
    • The book is solid. There's some things that need sorted as always but overall it's a great book. I'm happy for ID players.

As for complicated I'm not really seeing it. A couple hours with the book and it feels no more complex than other existing books. Look at hbe or Vamps or even greenskins. Just that players are familiar with those. It's the pot calling kettle.
      "Realistically (unless you're DanT or some other genius) you need characters.." -Sir_Sully

AVOIDANCE FAILS 28% OF THE TIME FOLKS. -SE
    • Frumious wrote:

Well no risk no reward.

There are way more people saying its underpower then over. Which is all pretty silly as I doubt many have them have played a game with it.

I like the team taking risks, even though I personally think the Demon book did not turn out well or intuitive, I applaud them for trying new things. Its a living game after all.

For the record these new rules are nothing like new rules complexity creep that would come out with each GW book lol, I personally don't think they are overly complex or really that much out of the norm. I definitely see some annoying things (looking at you Lamasu, a true mental tax on less experienced opponents and otherwise waste of time), but its Beta after all, and things will improve, or get annoying in new exciting ways.

I'm definitely excited about trying everything out and having an informed opinion though!

More underpowered, then over?? Are you reading a different forum than i do? Maybe if you only read the ID subforum. If you read opinions in other sub forums (asked by ACS's) you will see how other factions look uppon the new book. Maybe it looks fun to play with. It does not look that fun to play against. A book with no real weaknesses, lots of RPS. But we will see when the corrections will hit. I expect some serious rage, which happend when the developers of the last book ( former hbe) went overboard and they had to tone it down.
    • I don't think that we will see if the book is over-under power reading the forum.

People needs to learn how to play against the new ID.

Saying now with no list, with no games that is X or Y will be false.

Show us real numbers, games and if needed will be adressed. As allways.

And for me the book is a looooot easier than DL or WoDG to learn by far
      Kislev army thread, We need You!
      New Army book Hetmanate of Ukray
    • have made a list for a game tomorrow. Taking some of the new stuff and other things I hardly ever used under the previous book.

overlord on big bull bull - will choose infernal weapon with onyx
      Prophet in Karin chariot - wanna see how this goes
      BSB with wall making banner - love this concept

29 IG with great weapons as a bunker for bsb
      24 spear vassals
      15 flintlocks

6 big taurukhs full command and infernal weapons
      Rock crusher pain train
      2 units of vassal cavalry to chuck oil skins
      Please visit the blog chronicling my never ending campaign to have the 9th Age’s biggest Infernal Dwarf army and all sorts of hobby craziness:

ironhaiden666.blogspot.com

Keep Calm and Stay Infernal
    • Bulls Eye wrote:

Frumious wrote:

Well no risk no reward.

More underpowered, then over?? Are you reading a different forum than i do? Maybe if you only read the ID subforum. If you read opinions in other sub forums (asked by ACS's) you will see how other factions look uppon the new book. Maybe it looks fun to play with. It does not look that fun to play against. A book with no real weaknesses, lots of RPS. But we will see when the corrections will hit. I expect some serious rage, which happend when the developers of the last book ( former hbe) went overboard and they had to tone it down.

yes I hear more underpowered , totally stand by that, mainly on places others then here, like from ETC players etc... there are lots of weakness lol. But theory hammering never gets it right, we’ll see in the statistics

People always complain about change, thats the one constant, and the other army forums complaints are consistent with every other book that came out. This is the pattern of things.

Hope people can tamp down the rage and just enjoy the ride :-)... things will keep changing.
      Keeper of the Zoo
      Images of Ma Stuff
      My Warriors of Ind/Sagarikadesha Painting blog

In Northern CA? Give me a buzz or visit our FB Group: Norcal 9th Age