T9A Background Audiobook Readers?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The brand new army book for Infernal Dwarves is finally available, along with a small surprise! Remember that it is a beta version, and provide us your feedback!

• T9A Background Audiobook Readers?

Reading the new Epic of Kibotesh gave an idea: Would it be possible to pull together some volunteers with equipment to record readings of T9A background pieces and put them on Youtube?

As a small Librivox-style initiative.

I've always devoured books, and still do when I can find the time. Yet a much more preoccupied life means I nowadays mostly get to listen to audiobooks while working with other things (one of the perks of sculpting and sorting castings). Most people can probably relate, e.g. listening while driving.

How good wouldn't it be if it was possible to partake of T9A background stories in audio format as well as text?

Volunteer readers should optimally be native English speakers (or speak it fluently) and able to tell stories with some vigour and engagement. Bonus landmarks down the line would be audio reads in French and other languages.

Just throwing this out here in case it gets the ball rolling. :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Karak Norn Clansman ().

• Good idea! It's hard to be a good reader though, making voices for different characters, tones, etc. Maybe if we give the material in an easy to read and access format someone could get interested in doing it.

@Ghiznuk Something to keep our translators busy should some get annoyed with typing and correcting typo? :D

Slim Layout Coordinator

Translation Coordinator

Translation-Team FR

I ♥ LaTeX

Local Moderator (French)

LaTeX... You fear to go into those complex interactions between packages. The dwarves coded too greedily and too deep. You know what they awoke in the darkness of TeX-dum... shadow and flame.
  • Karak Norn Clansman wrote:

Volunteer readers should optimally be native English speakers (or speak it fluently)
    Beg to disagree, as a non-native English speaker myself.
    Throughout my Navy life, I have noticed that lots of British accents are hard to understand, and the same goes for accents from parts of the USA, as well as Australia and New Zealand.
    Reversely, English spoken by non-natives can be surprisingly easy to understand, by native speakers as well as non-native speakers.

For THE EPIC of KIBOTESH, the scholar's comments, L. Horschluss, would be perfect with a strong German accent.
    The rest of the story would be wonderful with a strong Middle-East accent.

Social Media Team

UN Coordinator, aka UNSG

- druchii.net contribution: The 9th Age - Dread Elves
  • Ghiznuk wrote:

Uh yeah right

Although I don't have any access to English team
    I'm suggesting this in our translated languages. Merely passing the idea to the teams, see if it lights up some vocation :)

Slim Layout Coordinator

Translation Coordinator

Translation-Team FR

I ♥ LaTeX

Local Moderator (French)

LaTeX... You fear to go into those complex interactions between packages. The dwarves coded too greedily and too deep. You know what they awoke in the darkness of TeX-dum... shadow and flame.