SadlerCPII Head of Comm. Engagement

• Male
  • from Warren, MI
  • Member since Sep 28th 2015
Last Activity

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is available! You can read all about it in the news.

About Me
About Me
Name: Charles Sadler II

How old are you? 28

Where are you from and where do you live right now? I am a player in the Midwest USA (Detroit, MI). I live in Warren, MI which is just north of Detroit.

What do you do for living? I'm a Chaplain in a large hospital in Metro Detroit. I work in clinical chaplaincy.

Since when are you in the Hobby? I started with the Hobby back when I was maybe 11 or 12. I played consistently throughout grade school and into college. I feel like I've only grown in interest and devotion. I started going to tournaments when I was in college and continued doing so to this day! I enjoy my hobby time with my miniatures. I'm not the greatest painter, but I love the time and effort I can put into my miniatures.

How did you get into the Hobby and what have you done since then? I got involved through a few friends who had Games Workshop miniatures. I played through 6th, 7th, and 8th edition of Warhammer. I joined with the 9th Age soon after AoS as it didn't interest me.

Which armies do you play? I've always played Empire of Sonnstahl (even before the were Sonnstahlians). I used to play Orcs and Goblins. They were the first army I started to paint and therefore suffered the effect of bad paint jobs. I used to play Dread Elves (miss them!). I just started a small Ogre Khans army which has been fun!

Why do you support the 9th Age project? I instantly loved what the 9th Age was doing when I joined. The fresh perspective and the rule hot fixes were amazing when I first started. Since then, my passion for 9th has grown from a replacement game for Warhammer to a great love for this game that a community of people created together. I enjoy that the 9th Age has gone in a new direction with new themes and new ideas. I'm love that there is a freedom to play any miniature you want. I became so invested in 9th Age that I started a YouTube channel to make battle reports out of the games I was playing.

What is your personal role in the 9th Age project team? When I first started playing the 9th Age, I felt a duty to report the games I was playing at tournament level to showcase where I thought power levels and metas were at. That evolved into a YouTube channel which led me to become a Community Engagement team member. I became the Head of Community Engagement in June 2020.

I am the starter and main contributor of Evershade Gaming on YouTube. Follow me on YouTube.

Here is a link to my YouTube channel: m.youtube.com/channel/UCKjjkWnXanizMuTh5obkxpA
Personal Details
Birthday
Oct 14th 1991 (29)
Occupation
Hospital Chaplain