The Great Horde of Chaos

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

• LoreSeeker wrote:

You got yourself a very good looking giant!
      Never liked the GW Ghorgon much, as giant makes much more sense. The horns are a tad too big for me but that's personal taste. Keep up the good work!
      Thanks!
      While I do too think they are a tiny bit too big, they do help make the head look bigger, plus they were the only horns I could find in the right shape xD

And yes, Ghorgon proportions suck...

Ok on to some more photos!

Let's start things off with some Infernal Dwarves!

This is a Citadel Guard with Flintlock Rifle. The Rifle itself has not got it's barrel attached yet, and a few other bits need finishing, but otherwise this is the basic look for them!

Now for the literal "Big Gun"...
      This is my Gunnery Team made from the Cauldron of Blood Wheels, spikes and a Forge-Fiend Machine-gun, with a few Dwarf axes next to it for decoration. Very tiny base means it cannot have crew modeled onto it, but that does not matter so much when it looks this cool :D.

Now, finally sitting on a base is my Dwarf Character on a Bull. He is currently being played as a BSB and is an absolute monster to take out.

Here we have 20 Hobgoblins. It took a while to pin all their heads on but it was worth it! I HATE GW Orcs/Goblins and their gigantic boggle-heads. So when seeing the realistic Skaven Slave/Clanrat models I knew I had to use them somewhere, so here he have it!
      They will be given bows later on.

Ok now for something a bit more...iffy.
      I am not 100% sure how I feel about this model for my Taurukhs. It looks good in parts, but something is making me feel...off about it. Can someone confirm or deny my fears here?

What's that? You want something from my Warriors? Something...big?

Booya!
      Not 100% fully painted but it is getting there!

And now for something completely different. Here are some models from two of my other armies. I thought it would be a bit selfish to open multiple threads per army, so I shall post them up here!

First up is an Ammut from my Undying Dynasties army! I went VERY literal with the mounts name here and based this design on the Egyptian Soul-Eater Ammut who resides in the Underworld.
      I do have plans to test out the Terracotta version of the army, and if it proves successful I have a different, none-Egyptian styled army planned for it...stay turned.

Now here is the mount for my Kingdoms general. This army is going to be Mongolian-styled so look out for plenty of fast-looking Cavalry models when I upload them (that is if people are interested).

And finally my Pegasus Knights (despite being quite clearly smaller Hippogriffs). One of my favourite units in the army to use so far, absolutely love them.

And for now, that's all folks!
    • I agree with @MarkvanDijk about the size discrepancy. I think that you'd be better off using a creating a larger torse either by addition of a gut-plate like thing, or just some belts or something around the midsection (once it's elongated). The proportions of the arms and upper body look to be ok, it just needs to sit a little taller I think.

Some great conversions in here, very inspiring!
    • Ok sorry about the long hiatus, had to find a new image hosting service after the last one thought it would be reeeeeeally funny to consider charging me (Yeah you get nothing mate).

So now I have the ability to post pics back, let us begin...

Runkalunk wrote:

Holy cow. Your last post has some of the absolute coolest kitbashes I've ever seen.

MarkvanDijk wrote:

The taurukh seems a little off at the size of the horse part in camparison to the torso part. The horse seems to be too big for the torso. The saddle doesn't help either And the missing tail is also disturbing... Maybe you should try an Equitaine horse with an extra blanket over the midlle where the saddle is.
      Missing tail is temporary until I can find enough ropy bull/lion tails for the unit. Saddle I will consider shaving down more though.

Il Maestro wrote:

I agree with @MarkvanDijk about the size discrepancy. I think that you'd be better off using a creating a larger torse either by addition of a gut-plate like thing, or just some belts or something around the midsection (once it's elongated). The proportions of the arms and upper body look to be ok, it just needs to sit a little taller I think.

Some great conversions in here, very inspiring!

LoreSeeker wrote:

Great stuff as usual!

As for the Taurukh I agree with the other posters above, the problem is the junction. Beef it up a bit and see how it goes!
      I am not sure if that was a deliberate cow pun...but I will treat it as such!

Dan wrote:

You can't be the first person to have thought of those Hobgoblin conversions? Those are brilliant.
      I dunno, a lot of people love the boggle-head goblins...
      I mostly wanted something more realistic and menacing xD

Ok, on to the pics!

Firstly, I took all the advice on board and looked to create a bigger torso for the Taurukh. This is the end result:

I used the sigmarines *spit* as the base for the body this time, with a Dwarf Great Weapon blade as the weapon. The head will come later and it is sure to impress...

Here we have a really big gun!

This is my Titan Mortar with unfinished crew on the back. I mixed up two models for the basis to make this gigantic machine.
      I was aiming for something like the old WW2 Train Rail Guns. In fact I even put it on a square base so it matches another unit in my army...
      (I am also worknig on a second one)

Choo choo...
      This is my Infernal Engine, or at least the base for it. I need to find some small wheels for the middle and a top for the part where the drivers will sit.
      It came with the same kit that gave me my Titan Mortar parts.
      (Btw, it actually can link up with the Titan Mortar xD)

Oh look! More Infernal Dwarf stuff. As these are the ONLY orc models I like (stupid squatting big jawed models grumble grumble) I went for the Blood Bowl Orcs as a base for my Slaves. Arming them with tiny chaos-insignia-ed knives to make them look more sinister than normal Orcs.

I like this one a LOT. This is my Immortal Champion made from the Blood Bowl Dwarves (models are so cheap, haha!). The extra movement provided by these models is fantastic, and while they are in an immense pain to convert, they look wonderful at the end.

Last Infernal Dwarf for now. A Kadim Incarnate, made from various parts and with a pose I absolutely love. I aim to give him a pair of Dwarf Great Weapons for weapons, holding them downwards in a sinister pose.

A fly my pretty!
      This massive Chaos Fly is still under construction (need giant wings...). But the legs and rider are full attached now and the joint between the body halves is complete.

Ok enough Chaos for now. On to the reptiles...

But first, some mood music! Maestro!

My first in a new wave of Saurian Warriors. Yes, Saurian not the Temple Guard... I do not like the weedier reptile models, this thing is BULKY and it's face is fantastically detailed. I am worried the frill is a little too large though and am considering halving it in length, thoughts?

Now for the dinosaurs...

This is my "smaller" Carnosaur. Made to resemble a beast called Saurophaganax Maximus, this will carry my Battle Standard Bearer.

And now for the one you have all been waiting for...

My T-Rex! Not fully complete but much more so than last time. With the start of her feathers, a much shorter and thicker neck and her tail completely in shot.
    • Dan wrote:

You can't be the first person to have thought of those Hobgoblin conversions? Those are brilliant.
      I used Stormvermin Bodies with gnoblar heads and Ungor bow arms a couple of years ago. And just now, recently, I made My third unit of Hobgoblins, but this time with plague monks bodies instead, and human peasant bow arms.

The clanrat bodies I think suits best for non bow hobgoblins, as one arm is modelled on the torso already, making it hard.

But yes, it is brilliant to use skaven bodies for hobgoblins, I agree.
    • Irondaemon wrote:

Dan wrote:

I used Stormvermin Bodies with gnoblar heads and Ungor bow arms a couple of years ago. And just now, recently, I made My third unit of Hobgoblins, but this time with plague monks bodies instead, and human peasant bow arms.
      The clanrat bodies I think suits best for non bow hobgoblins, as one arm is modelled on the torso already, making it hard.

But yes, it is brilliant to use skaven bodies for hobgoblins, I agree.
      Actually I have started using this combination myself...

Here are a few of them, with a unit champion. They still need shields and a bit of sculpting here and there.

Here is a pair of shots of my Immortals. These ones have all their plastic parts attached and just need some green-stuff to tie things together, and possibly some skull-trophies and skull insignia on their helmets.

The Infernal Engine is coming together nicely. I have a roof for the driver's compartment, but that will be the last thing to go on. Looking for a good chimney though...

Here are my Disciples of Lugar, ready for Paired Weapons to be attached. Really hoping Paired weapons is the better choice, otherwise I will have to make a bunch with great weapons too!

Here is my Chosen of Lugar with his IMMENSE Infernal Weapon. I really wanted to give someone this insane scimitar, and this lunging model was the perfect opportunity!

These are my Blunderbuss Infernal Warriors. They lack their shoulder-pads for now, but are otherwise done.

And lastly here is my Overlord with the infamous Onyx Hammer! Yeah he will be swinging that beast around in 1 hand haha!

I have made significant progress on the Tauruhks, and should have a picture of at least 2 of them for next time :D.
    • .H. wrote:

Everything looks fantastic! Pardon my ignorance though, but what company are all those dwarf bodies from?
      No need to pardon at all.

They are all GW, it's the easiest stuff I have access to and I can convert stuff to make it fit my needs.

The weirdest ones are the Immortals though. I made them from the blood-bowl Dwarves with heavy conversions. Their more active pose was something I wanted for this elite unit.
      They have been mixed up with Bloodletter and Tzaangor parts, with a few other things for the banner-bearer.
    • .H. wrote:

Ah, ok. The skulls on the Disciples threw me off, but I can see now what they were based off.
      Great stuff!
      Oh them!
      Yeah they are the fyrsleurs or however GW decides to mispell Fire and slayer for copyright...

Basically I used the heads from the Witch Elves, skulls on their gut-plates, skulls on chains under the tabards and top-knots instead of mohawks. They will also be given twin scimitars for weapons later.
    • Hey! Sorry about being off the grid for so long. Life stuff yadda yadda yadda...boring! Let's get on to the good stuff.

Ok first up we have my Infernal Dwarf Titan Mortar with Bound Daemon upgrade...this one is a doozy.

Yes that is a 100x150 base under it. It is THAT big. It is the new Nurgle tank with some Dwarven shields on it; needs a little more attention but is otherwise done.

Next up for Infernal Dwarves we have my Taurukh and Taurukh Subjugator. The little guy is the final stage of design for the Taurukhs and I am very happy with them. The Subjugator is massive as well, an absolute boss of a character. Wish he was as powerful in-game as he looked though.

Continuing with ID we have my Flamethrower Gunnery Team and Hobgoblin Bolt-Thrower. The Gunnery team is done, while the Bolt-Thrower just needs its crew.

Last up for Infernal Dwarves is my Vizier Battle Standard Bearer and a rather WIP Lamassu. (That banner is VERY heavy and is rather hard to stop him falling over at the slightest nudge...)

A quick stop off to my KoE army here (which got cut off somehow...). But this is my (left to right) Green Knight, Grail Relique and Damsel on Unicorn.
      The Grail I am very happy with and am looking forward to getting the finished article with the peasants holding him up.

Warriors now, and this is one of my new Chosen Knights. I wanted another 3-man unit to represent a different mark, so this was the easiest and most fun way to do that. Not much converting here, just a fur cloak on the back.

A very WIP Manticore here. But I wanted to show this off as I am very proud of the head and tail. See if you can guess the parts I used so far xD.

This is one of my Barbarian units. I aim to give them spears at some point...but I am struggling to find a way to make them hold them.
      Also on the right there is a Barbarian Chief sitting in the unit.

A Forsworn here, but this is so WIP you can't tell what it is! :o
      Well that is the point ;). Welcome to another guessing game!
      This Forsworn is based on a very very old Warhammer race...see if you can guess which one :).

And I saved the biggest for last...something truly...mammoth.

It is literally a mammoth. On the back is a heavily converted Barbarian blowing a horn, on his massive dais as the Mammoth pushes forward. This didn't take as long as I thought and makes a fantastic "wow factor" model. I do aim to make a second at some point though...

Sorry for the blur to some photos. I had no idea some would come out this badly :/.

But as always, if you are curious as to what parts I used and how I made these models then feel free to ask :).