Daemon Legions Fluff

The latest T9A Scroll is released!! Check out the latest issue for new background information, an exciting battle report and much much more!

• Why not add 4horsmen to 7sins? Seven Daemon Lords ready this world to the coming of 4 Chaos Gods (Pestilence-Plague, War-Wrath, Famine-Lust, Death-Change) and they in turn ready it to the coming of the Apocalypse-Chaos. And even then 7sins can fight each other and servants of the Four just to keep this world safe as they are preying on living things' sins.
    • Porw wrote:

Why not add 4horsmen to 7sins? Seven Daemon Lords ready this world to the coming of 4 Chaos Gods (Pestilence-Plague, War-Wrath, Famine-Lust, Death-Change) and they in turn ready it to the coming of the Apocalypse-Chaos. And even then 7sins can fight each other and servants of the Four just to keep this world safe as they are preying on living things' sins.
      I had the same idea, but after some consideration:
      1. War and Wrath are really the same, no added value
      2. Gluttony and Famine are two sides of the same coin. I can really imagine servants of Aakan being not fat but starved, never being able to satisfy their hunger. VS anyone? Ogres MAW? Or this one:

3. Pestilence would be valuable but if you read Kuulima, Lady of Flies, Goddess of Envy description you'll notice what Background Team probably plans for her. She will be the bringer of disease, disease seen as a tool for revenge not as a value. Quite neat I would say.

Display Spoiler
      Kuulima, Lady of Flies, Goddess of Envy
      Some followers of the Lady of Flies see her as the great leveller, to bring all to level footing and be judged.

4. The Change fits the pride better, Tzeentch has always been about overconfidence and tricking mortals into doing something stupid. Let Death remain the domain of UD.
    • In two points I do have doubts:

Death as a change is Tarot concept. Not wildly accepted (or even known) idea. In more common meaning Death is a single final change, not a constant process of upgrading. And our late Master of Destiny has always been in constant transit.

Pestilence as stagnation is something completely alien to Vermin Swarm and Pestilence is rats best friend.

As Gluttony and Lust resulting in famine. You are right. But you can also read it as appetite for human bodies. Cult of cannibals, welcome to the T9A.

(I am not sure that one has been published)
    • Yeah that one might be difficult. If she was really god of Sloth it might be like:

"And is it going to be fun?"

However the short description reveals that Background Team used Sloth more like a title or state then real power domain. Nukuja is much like one of the Great Old Ones - Cthulhu, the Slumbering Beast. She is the Destroyer and a very good candidate for arch enemy. When she finally awakes... End of Times!

The post was edited 2 times, last by JimMorr ().

• @JimMorr Death & Change have a lot of common as death/life is a constant cycle of change. Ravens were symbols for both 'Tz..ntch' & Death; as well as both know future/destiny, both have plans for all of us.

You can call it Stagnation as it is an illness in it's own right, and Plague/Pestilence is just part of it as Wrath is for War.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Porw ().

• I just figured Sloth would be those that show up when prophesy has revealed something is about to go down, and either get drawn into the fight or realize that the prophesy was about them all along. Maybe throw in a bit of Oedipus where by trying to avert your fate you inadvertently cause it and surrender to inevitability with the misery it brings.

Kind of the mix of Nurgle and Tzeentch. Doomed by fate that's been revealed to you, nothing left to do but enjoy/survive it. Flagellants and Slayers, both knowing that death is coming and both just heading to find it. Phoenix Guard and Slann, knowing everything is already screwed.

As for the Four Horsemen, I could see them as lesser beings who align to several gods and are loaned armies in order to do advance the causes of the Dark Gods. Like demigod Everchosens, except instead of trying to end all things according to a prophesy they set their sights on smaller goals. It would be a nice "take that" to GW by making the four entities subordinates, and would also give you another flavor option when you mix multiple Dark Gods in one army. Like maybe Sonnstahl creates a new astronomy tower, and the Horseman of War realizes that it will give them some degree of prophetic abilities in stargazing so he borrows some Tallymen from Nukuja and some Sirens from Sugulag to destroy it. They advance the goals of Daemons as a whole, and each Horseman sides with all of the Dark Gods but never all at the same time.