TMS - Releases

• I am one of the first who openly critisized TMS for both, quality of product (I guess I just had bad luck and I got compensated already, so nevermind) and, most importantly, the lack of communication and the total lack of infrastructure in communication regarding any orders.

I can understand that kickstart awards take a really long time. Thats sometimes out of someone's reach. Projects vary, take time, fail sometimes, need to reset, etc. I get that.

I dont understand though, that there is no information regarding regular (pre) orders that have been made.
      This is what I meant everytime I said something. Why not create an operating infrastructure first. "Hey, your order is out now!", "Hey, your order is here and there", "Hey, something went wrong". I had to ask multiple times for the status of my regular pre order back then. No information was given without asking for it.

"Oh yeah, it's sent out".

Didn't arrive for a looong time.

"Oh yeah, got missing on its way, we send a new one out"

When it arrived there were still some missing parts, but since I didn't want to use these options, I didn't bother, to be honest.

Getting these information comes with very a tedious process of commincating, asking, waiting and hoping. I understand that there are problems, when a kickstarted project is being realized. This is just bad luck, lack of experience, what so ever. Something excusable and understandable.
      The lack of information and communication on the other hand is a choice.
      No matter how small the company and how heartwarming their history. This is a level of professionality one must expect from everyone they give money to.

The fact that I dont know when to expect regular UD models at all and that I am tired of undergoing this process again to get these basic information stopped me from even using my 50% off code I got because of my somewhat broken Kickstarter UD Models.

Just my two cents.
    • Thx for all your input...
      Now I have to implement some sort of feed back procedure. I have been thinking about this for some time now, and you guys motivated me to get it done. I will try a few things out this week and see how it works out.

I still have about 60+ emails to get through. Should get it done this week.

Midgaardsormen wrote:

I wish you would spend more time on getting orders out, rather than making new sculpts.
      I love your minis to bits, but waiting for the minis for months, makes me annoyed and i want to look else where for my minis :(

If it only worked that way. Or sculptor does sculpts, while the rest of the company works on getting orders out.

Again thanks for helping me make TMS better.
    • Kapten Kluns wrote:

Best of luck @Kanadian and tms
      Agreed. The work of this company is ambitious, to go from nothing to having full army ranges is extremely impressive. For all the problems of getting them off the ground, I LOVE my UD models, some of my favourite things I own.

There are definitely steps which could help - having a tracker to show the progress of orders, or regular updates. That kind of admin doesn't always come naturally, especially when you are firefighting and working on the most pressing issues - I know I often fail in that regard. I am sure that side will improve in time, but I hope to see TMS flourish on the basis of its quality output, which I think speaks for itself.

Executive Board

Head of Background Team

"It is not power, or title, or name which makes a hero. It is what you do with those things. Any person may prove their worth." "Even the peasants?" "Now lad, let's not be daft!"
    • Thats a great response, Kanadian.
      I do really really hope, that everything will be solved at some time.
      I was so full of joy, hope and enthusiasm when I heard about your kickstarter. This may be why I am one, if not the loudest critic.
      But I do it because I care and want you to succeed.

So please don't think me a jerk, I only try to straight out say what I think is going wrong and should improve before it's too late and the goodwill is gone, which I hope, will not occur.
    • Kanadian wrote:

Now I have to implement some sort of feed back procedure. ...

I still have about 60+ emails to get through. Should get it done this week.
      Let me first reiterate what @kisanis said: I've had a lot of harsh words here, but they're coming from a place of care. If I didn't want TMS to succeed I would keep my mouth shut. As it stands I have some sharp criticisms, yes, but I'm doing my best to provide constructive feedback alongside any criticism. I've spent a lot of a years in sales and customer service and, if I may say so, am pretty damned good at it. So again, please recognize that my bluntness is out of concern.

Absent a decent CRM system, which I would strongly recommend you acquire once the company is financially able to do so, you are the feedback procedure. A week isn't an acceptable turnaround time for email responses in 2018, and that's not even taking into account the fact that some of those are more than a week old. The standard across all industries is under 24 hours, and I'm afraid that with the new generation of tech-obsessed consumers that number will only shrink. In fact a more accurate assessment than 24 hours is "same day", even if the email comes in an hour before you close up shop.

I assume what's happening is that, of your 70+ hour work week as a business owner, you're setting aside an hour or so a day to respond to emails. I know my father, a local contractor, does that first thing in the morning while he drinks his coffee. I'll tell you the same thing I told him: you need to set aside as much time as is required to get through all of them. Same day. If you have 60+ emails to get through, I recommend you take a whole day to knock them all out. As I said before, customer communication is more important than anything else you could be spending your time doing, be it working on designs, reviewing castings, packaging shipments, etc. If customers aren't being responded to they won't be buying again, and all of that time you're spending doing other stuff will ultimately be totally worthless. Moreover, in the next week you're only going to get even more emails, so if you're not biting the bullet and tackling them all the pile will never actually decrease.

In short, get through all your emails before you do anything else.

As you consider feedback options moving forward, I have a few more thoughts:

-Avoid automated responses at all costs. They're absolutely worthless. In a best-case scenario the customer deletes it without looking, and in a worst-case you've missed a crucial detail because you assumed the automated response handled the customer's inquiry.

-Consider some form letters to save time, particularly for things like shipping delays, tracking information, order summaries, and the like. Do NOT construct a form letter for responses to angry emails of any kind, because those will require personal responses in every case.

I hope this helps.
    • Kanadian wrote:

Midgaardsormen wrote:

I wish you would spend more time on getting orders out, rather than making new sculpts.
      I love your minis to bits, but waiting for the minis for months, makes me annoyed and i want to look else where for my minis :(
      If it only worked that way. Or sculptor does sculpts, while the rest of the company works on getting orders out.

Again thanks for helping me make TMS better.
      :) ofc! I love your minies to bits! I just hope that you will improve shipping times, so you don't get a bad reputation, that could affect profit :)
      That wich dosnt kill me better run...

#makeVanquisherEternalGreatAgain
    • New

Morgan_Treeman wrote:

so it has been 2.5 months since i placed an order for black friday and have yet to receive any communication regarding the status of my order. I would appreciate it if your company let me know what is going on or refund my money. Thank you.
      I assume we lost your order, as I cant find it. Tomorrow we are sending you a new one.

Midgaardsormen wrote:

@Kanadian I sent you a PM, toss me a call, I'm sure we can't work something out if you need my skills
      Will do.

I really appreciate the feed back, if its bad.... well guess I deserve it. But it is also a clear signal what to improve. So I really happy it is there.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kanadian ().

• New

Dan wrote:

A week isn't an acceptable turnaround time for email responses in 2018, and that's not even taking into account the fact that some of those are more than a week old. The standard across all industries is under 24 hours, and I'm afraid that with the new generation of tech-obsessed consumers that number will only shrink. In fact a more accurate assessment than 24 hours is "same day", even if the email comes in an hour before you close up shop.
      I work for an international Pensions Admin company and our standard turnaround for emails is 5 working days (all competitors are the same or longer - some are 10-15 working days). We do send an instant automatic response from the mailbox confirming our turnaround times.

Even if you just wanted a scheme booklet (which is generally available online) - 5 working days.

In my opinion it is completely unreasonable to expect a company (especially a small one) to "drop everything" to respond to an email. An email is essentially the same as a letter, except that it can be sent and received instantly. Would you expect a company to turn a letter around 24 hours after receipt?

This attitude highlights the issues with the trend in society towards instant gratification, which is a serious problem. It boils down to, would you rather it was done fast or done right?

All that being said, I completely agree that customer service should be the priority for any business, especially in retail. I'm not defending Kanadan having 60+ emails to respond to. Just pointing out that 24 hours for a full email response is pushing it.

Companies that do turn emails around in 24 hours (and there are some) have entire teams dedicated to email responses. OK TMS is a lot smaller, but therefore has less resources to put into responding to emails quickly.

I also agree that TMS have not been great at communicating the issues that have hit the project and pushed back delivery timescales. Most of the issues appear to be because TMS want us to get a good product and a good cast, rather than a poor cast and a bad product. Personally this is ok with me although I agree it would be nice to know about it.
      Never argue with Idiots. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    • New

Thanks for your perspective and insight @Sir_Sully.

In this case, however, we're not talking about the same thing. A pension administration company might as well be a government agency when it comes to how it handles customer inquiry, because the end-users you deal with aren't actually paying customers. If a client emails you a question about his pension, what is he going to do if you don't respond in two weeks? Stop collecting a pension? Likewise what will I do if my professional license application takes the government 6-8 weeks to process? Pick a different government?

A two week email response time is reflective of a lack of urgency on the part of the business. The fact that your company sends out an automated email informing people that their inquiry could take that long to respond to demonstrates the fact that they know people expect a much, much faster response, and that they are setting a very different expectation.

Small businesses operate totally differently, because a slow email response can lead to lost revenue and patronage. Can anyone tell me with a straight face that they'd be perfectly happy waiting 15 days for a response to their email regarding a shipping question? How about even 5 days? Would you order from that company again?

I agree that the expectation of a 24 hour response time is completely unfair, but that's reality of doing business in 2018. Simply saying "that's absurd, I'm not doing that" will spell failure.
    • New

Dan wrote:

In this case, however, we're not talking about the same thing. A pension administration company might as well be a government agency when it comes to how it handles customer inquiry, because the end-users you deal with aren't actually paying customers. If a client emails you a question about his pension, what is he going to do if you don't respond in two weeks? Stop collecting a pension? Likewise what will I do if my professional license application takes the government 6-8 weeks to process? Pick a different government?
      Except the Schemes we deal with are held in Trust and governed by a Trustee board who do have the right to change the Third Party Administrator. Most of my work is actually on the Installs of new schemes who have moved to use because of our customer service. We have had Trustees ask for a 1 day turn around on some things and we said no.

Dan wrote:

Small businesses operate totally differently, because a slow email response can lead to lost revenue and patronage. Can anyone tell me with a straight face that they'd be perfectly happy waiting 15 days for a response to their email regarding a shipping question? How about even 5 days? Would you order from that company again?
      I wouldn't be that happy about it, but ultimately if you're ordering models from overseas (which TMS is) there is going to be a delay in them arriving. I'm not expecting them immediately (especially given that I'd expect TMS to produce models to order), so TMS has to make the model, pack it and send it to me. I'd personally expect that to take 2-3 weeks so if I'm waiting for 5 days for a response to my email, I haven't actually lost any time.

As to whether I'd order again, that depends on how good the models actually are for what I paid for them. My experience of TMS's models (I have the Hippo duke) is that they are good quality and well priced. Yes there are lots of other companies that do models for KoE but not all in heroic scale or designed so they won't look out of place next to GW models.

Dan wrote:

I agree that the expectation of a 24 hour response time is completely unfair, but that's reality of doing business in 2018. Simply saying "that's absurd, I'm not doing that" will spell failure.
      Maybe. The way I look at it; the more time Kanadan spends keeping us updated or responding to 30 emails asking for an update the less time he has to actually sort out the problems and send us our models....
      Never argue with Idiots. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.