- I have no immediate plans to add rules for Empire in Flames, mostly because I don't know much about it. I know it is about fighting in more of a countryside surrounding, but I don't know what that entails for rules. Could you enlighten me? What would be needed to make that sort of gaming possible?
- This is intentional. It felt unnecessarily complex to me and on top of that removed one of the greater weakness of being mounted. If you use a mount you cannot climb, ever (unless it is a spider :P).
- Very good question, never thought about that. I would say that it does count. The mount is little more than equipment. But I shall add a clarification.
The great thing about the empire in flames is that you can go with your normal ninth age scenery This make it more accessible for starting players and gives you something to play while building a city. Some rules changes highlight:
- Not demolished buildings are occupied by normal farmers etc. Which you clear for no experience (or be kicked out of). You can run around them, but it cost you something to have a defensible elevated position in them.
- less runes or walls means you have less cover, but you have more forest, hills and fences. You can never see or charge more then 2 inch into a Forrest and even if it is only 1 inch you can't look further then the forest.
- You have other rules for terrain, like swamps and rivers and it is preferable to have more rules for mounts as the terrain is good for wagons etc.