Shifting Tides 6

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

And on December 24th, Father Chaos brought us... A brand new army book for Daemon Legions!

• Shifting Tides 6

Hi :)
      “You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyways.” -Lan Mandragoran, EotW

Dovie’andi se tovya sagain.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nicreap: threats no longer needed ().

• Shifting Tides tournament 6

Overview:
      This tournament will be comprised of 3 games. You will have 2 weeks to play each round against your opponent and submit your results to me. Instructions on that will be elaborated below.

ALL games will be played using v1.3.4 rules.

The point size for this tournament is 4500 points

Joining the Tournament:

To join the tournament submit 1 list to the link below. Barring extenuating circumstances, only your first submitted list will be allowed, so get it right the first time. The format can be any easily accessible format. So PDF, .doc, JPG, just make sure the thing can be opened by anyone. PDF and JPG tend to be more universal but not gauraunteed to be the case.

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR FORUM NAME THE NAME OF YOUR LIST!

YOU MUST ALSO PASS A QUIZ!!!!!!!!! See next post for details!!!

Once I have recieved your list you will be added to the list of participants. Posting in this thread is not enough to be enlisted in the tournament.

SUBMIT LISTS HERE!!!

dropbox.com/request/6ZJgZ2pfNYMFh5G0omw2

You have until 4/3/16 to submit your list. Any later than that and you will not be in the tournament.
      Pairings will be posted on the Monday following all due dates.
      To have this finish before the holidays this has to get moving quickly.

Organizing your game:
      Each round your opponent will be posted in the appropriate post below. You will have 2 weeks to play your game. I STRONGLY suggest you organize it here on T9A, that way if you have an issue scheduling your match you can add me to the converstation. This is a way to make sure if your opponent doesn't schedule the game you are fine.

DO NOT ADD ME TO YOUR CONVERSATION UNLESS ONE OF THE BELOW HAS OCCURRED!!!!!
      I have a lot of messages already from running the tournament, getting more that I'm not needed in, just makes it harder to find the relevant ones.

Contact me IF:
      1) your opponent doesn't respond for more than 3 days while trying to schedule your match. Life happens, so give them a few days to respond.
      2) Your opponent states he can't play at all/is dropping out of the tournament
      3) If neither of you can find a time that works for both of you to play your match.

IF you and your opponent can't find time for a match, you are welcome to try and find someone to switch opponents with. I won't be the one handling it, it will be up to you to make the arrangements and inform me afterwards.

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS RAISE THEM VIA A PRIVATE CONVERSATION AND NOT THIS THREAD!!!!

Playing your game:
      As stated above, all games will be played using V1.3 ruleset. Your game will be played on Universal battle, as a universal battle tournament might suggest.

Should we use UB 1.0 or UB 2.0?
      I don't care! Agree on one and use it. If you opponent's computer only works on UB 2.0....don't be a smurf and refuse to play on UB 2.0!!!! I am not your mother, play nice or I will smite you like the vengeful god I am in this thread!!!!

The map will be announced with the pairings, as well as the deployment type and scenario.

There is no time limit. You can take however long you need to complete your match, in fact you can us UB to save and finish on another day if necessary. All that matters is you finish the game by the deadline.

YOU MUST TAKE A PICTURE AFTER DEPLOYMENT! IF YOU DO NOT YOU AND YOUR OPPONENT WILL SUFFER A 3 BP penalty!!!!!

Scoring

The games will use the victory point table on page 90 of the rule book. aka the 20 point system.

If both claim the objective no bonus BP are awarded.

NOTE claiming the objective is worth +3BP to you and -3BP to your opponent so a 6 points swing! Play accordingly.

Submitting your results

If you want your game recorded and your results to matter you must follow ALL of the rules listed below.

Make a NEW conversation, do not use the one for scheduling matches, I don't want to have to dig for the results.

The title should be as follows SS5_R_(insert round number here)_(opponent 1)_vs_(opponent 2).

That may seem very specific, but when you have 20 tournament results and 10 conversations your are in, it gets very hard to dig out the tournament results for compiling.
      There should be TWO and only two posts in this covnersation. The first one is the following table COMPLETELY filled out, don't ask your opponent for the relevant info in this conversation, have it already compiled. And a picture of Deployment.

Player 1 namePlayer 2 name
      ArmyArmy
      Victory PointsVictory Points
      Scored the secondary objective? (Y/N)Scored the secondary objective? (Y/N)
      Battle Poitns after secondary objectiveBattle Poitns after secondary objective

The second message should be whoever didn't send the email confirming the results. If I do not receive this table, and a confirmation, I'm not recording it. If you don't send me a picture after deployment.....-3 BP to each of you.

This is all I need from you to record your results, I don't need a whole thread, and longer posts just mean they get lost easily.

Here is an example of what the ENTIRE thread should look like

My opponent can't/won't play

If you and your opponent can't find time to play your match try and see if anyone else is having the same issue. If so switch with them and let me know. If that fails, you will both simply receive 4 points.

If your opponent quits/never responds/ won't play with you, the results will depend on several things.

First, do you have a conversation that shows your opponent failing to respond or repeatedly canceling? If you can't prove it, you will both get 5 points, if you had your conversation on 9th age however, it is very easy to add me to the conversation, and if true you will receive 10 points. If your opponent is the reason you can't schedule a match you shall receive 18 points and you opponent 2.

IF YOU FORFEIT A MATCH YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE TOURNAMENT, AND BANNED FROM THE NEXT ONE. Try and schedule your game, don't just throw matches because you can't find a common time, and wish to help your opponent.

IF YOU DROP OUT/DON'T SCHEDULE YOUR MATCH WITH YOUR OPPONENT YOU WILL BE ASKED TO SIT OUT OF THE AT LEAST THE NEXT TOURNAMENT. If it becomes a repeated event your will be banned from all tournaments. Life happens we all know that, but try and keep your opponent in the loop and don't just quit because you are doing bad. This is suppossed to be a way to get competetive games in, and if you quit your opponent, who is doing as bad as you, doesn't get a game.

Quick summary:

Lists due by 4/3/17

4500 points

TAKE A PICTURE AFTER DEPLOYMENT

Submit the results in a separate conversation as outlined above.

If avoidable don't quit the tournament!!!

Important Dates:

4/3/17 Lists are due to compete in the tournament
      Results from first Round due 4/18/17
      Results from Second Round due 5/3/17
      Results from Third Round Due 5/17/17

Good luck and have fun!

FINALLY BY POPULAR REQUEST THERE WILL BE A SECONADRY MATCHING SYSTEM BASED ON GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION

iF YOU ARE GMT-10 : GMT -3 INFORM ME THAT YOU ARE IN GROUP A
      IF YOU ARE GMT-2 : GMT+5 iNFORM ME THAT YOU ARE IN GROUP B
      IF YOU ARE IN GMT +6 : GMT-11 INFROM ME THAT YOU ARE IN GROUP C. THESE ARE NOT GUARAUNTEED PLACINGS, AND YOU WILL BE PAIRED OFF OF TOTAL BP FIRST AND FOREMOST.

FINAL NOTE: THESE RESULTS ARE BEING COMPILED IN WARSCORE, IF YOU ARE IN THE USA AND WANT THE RESULTS TIED TO YOU ONLINE (I DON'T KNOW IF THEY WILL COUNT FOR ANYTHING) MAKE SURE i GET YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT FOR WARSCORE.

[/b]
      “You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyways.” -Lan Mandragoran, EotW

The post was edited 5 times, last by Nicreap ().

• TOURNAMENT ENTRANCE QUIZ!!!!!!
      I gave you people the chance to read the rules and be all nice about it......you don't read the rules, so QUIZ TIME!!!!! If you do not pass you will be required to continue reanswering the quizz until you get a 100%. AND SO HELP ME GOD, if you just copy and paste my text in this thread I don't know you read it so you will auto fail!!

Send me a Post titled:

Shifting Tides 6 Tournament Entrance quizz

(hint, that was your first question)

Question 2: When are lists due?
      Question 3: How many times can you submit a list?
      Question 4: What are the 4 reasons you should contact me about your game BEFORE sending me you results?
      Question 5: What happens if you forfeit a match?
      Question 6: What happens if you don't take a picture after deployment?
      Question 7: What version of Universal battle are we using?

• FINAL RESULTS

PlaceNameBattle
      1Jon65358
      2chaindler49
      3helldragon48
      4Just_flo43
      5lamronchak39
      6Ks_As38
      7huntsmen37
      7grungimusic37
      7doctorgonzo37
      10Squirrelloid36
      11eggspr35
      11tulmir35
      13martins9thage31
      14simonbromley29
      15Eternal_Flitter23
      15Gym_Shorts23
      17Gelmarus22
      18ferny21
      19matrim20
      19Prettyboy20
      21zulu16
      22Scottish Knight15
      23SirMC201512
      23Bugman12
      25kathal10
      25Math-CD10
      27Nicreap (W)4
      28HJfudge (W)0

The post was edited 20 times, last by Nicreap ().

• Round 1

Round 1 pairings can be found here:
      warscore.net/event/454/view.html?results=20170404175532

Deployment Type: Frontline Clash

Scenario 1: Breakthrough

Map: Front Line Clash 3

The map can be found in this map pack for ub 1.0:

It mayt exist on UB 2.0 user made maps, and can be found in this document here

Results are due April 17th.

All lists can be found here: dropbox.com/sh/1psiaoxqv7sj6iu…P18lbzwttG5UW6KPeZDa?dl=0

The post was edited 3 times, last by Nicreap ().

• Round 2

Round 2 pairings: warscore.net/event/454/view.html?results=20170419145205

Deployment Type: Counter Thrust

Scenario: Secure Targets

Map: Counter Thrust 1

Results are due May 2nd.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nicreap ().

• Round 3

Round 2 results are up here warscore.net/event/454/view.html?results=20170503195051

Round 3 pairings: warscore.net/event/454/view.html?results=20170503194800

Deployement Type: Encircle

Secnario: Capture the Flags

Map: Encircle 2

Results are Due May 17th.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Nicreap ().

• nicreap wrote:

@Calisson Can I get a news post to advertise this tournament?
      Sure!
      @blonde beer is the "owner" by now.
      News are calm these days, one more would be even welcome.
      Please provide the text.

Social Media Team

UN Coordinator, aka UNSG

- druchii.net contribution: The 9th Age - Dread Elves
    • Calisson wrote:

nicreap wrote:

@Calisson Can I get a news post to advertise this tournament?
      Sure!@blonde beer is the "owner" by now.
      News are calm these days, one more would be even welcome.
      Please provide the text.
      I can write something up tomorrow if needed.
    • In, unless my quiz responses got too snarky, in which case I might need to put my srs bsns cap on.

(Okay, and I need to actually submit a list. Soon (TM)).
      Just because I'm on the Legal Team doesn't mean I know anything about rules or background in development, and if/when I do, I won't be posting about it. All opinions and speculation are my own - treat them as such.

Legal

Playtester

Chariot Command HQ

• Yes there is an error in the dates

Additionally, please use the Month words in a date

At present you have 4/3/17 which technically has passed.

However I guess you really mean 3rd April 17 or even 3-Apr-17

Sorry, gets me every time!

May just have to do this.
      http://www.bugmansbrewery.com - The largest most informative Fantasy Dwarf website on the net, covering every dwarfers needs from forum to tactics, balls to ships!

Advisory Board

Head of Public Relations

Bugmans Brewery Owner (Dwarven Holds)

• To clarify, when you write;

nicreap wrote:

Send me a Post titled:
      Do you mean for us to create a conversation? Or include it in the list document? I'm not 100% clear on this and I don't want to make your life more difficult by doing it wrong.
      Jack Chapman - Host of the Thundercock Podcast

The Thundercock Podcast! iTunes/Soundcloud

ETC 2016 - Team Bulgaria
      ETC 2017 - Team Scotland