Elven Lords: Dragon's Roar! - LastSword Miniatures

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

• Thank you guys!!!

Now we have to wait to weeks to Kickstarter and then you will go into the Pledge Manager to place your orders.

I am sure that some off you will take part in the Late Pledge, so you will have a new chance to get them!

I am sorry for forest elven... I love them, but our following elven raze will be another one ;)

Thanks to everyone for your support guys! Campaign result is not really good, but we will have money enogh for the following campaign, step a step.
    • @LastSword

Improvement is always a good trend, sorry it didn’t meet expectations.

My one recommendation is to target models that are less prevalent. Almost every high elf player already has elite infantry models. A good indication is to not make any models that were available in the island of blood starter set as those have been readily available on the secondary market for years.
    • I partially agree about the elite infantry, but at least here these are different enough to give options for a different theme with the dragon guard.

For me I would live to see some silver helms since the GW sculpts are ancient. At the same time the empire players would I'm sure love some knights.

There also isn't a good alternative for the sky sloop so that would be nice to have. The boat pulled by bird is really silly.
    • Vespacian wrote:

@LastSword

Improvement is always a good trend, sorry it didn’t meet expectations.

My one recommendation is to target models that are less prevalent. Almost every high elf player already has elite infantry models. A good indication is to not make any models that were available in the island of blood starter set as those have been readily available on the secondary market for years.
      I wouldn't take this advise. If someone is making their own models for their own line they should cover all bases. Why would I want to mix these beautiful elf models in with the GW rabble? This isn't a GW game and last sword aren't GW. So why should they be expected to augment the GW line rather than creating their own?
      People need to get over their games workshop fetish. They aren't the official models for this game, this isn't Warhammer.
    • I think he simply means that making less available models is more likely to get you more customers.
      Even if you don't want to mix models at all, you may have to unless you buy a very big batch all at once.
      "They thought the Library was a dangerous place because of all the magical books, which was true enough, but what made it really one of the most dangerous places there could ever be was the simple fact that it was a library."
      Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
    • Personally speaking I'm looking at getting a HBE army setup for my two girls to play with - they both like the idea of that army. Trying to find miniatures for it is awkward, I love these ones, the style is amazing and I'd be very happy if they fleshed out the whole range.

Also it would be nice if we could find a way to get people into the game without pointing them at eBay or similar and saying 'pick up GW stuff second hand'.

I'll definitely be getting some of the archers when I've got spare cash!

D
    • @LastSword

The order I would look at? The following blocks:

Sea guard
      Queens Guard (I'm sure there can be some overlap here?)
      Sea Guard Reaper
      -----
      Highborn Lancers
      Reaver Chariot (Lion Chariot variation as a stretch goal)
      Elein Reavers
      -----
      Knights of Ryma
      Sky Sloop (But maybe just go with floating ship, not a bird chariot...)
      Grey Watchers/Flame Wardens

I would pick 1 big character for each of these (Phoenix, Griffon, Dragon) and have that as a stretch goal

That should round out the army.

Then again, I've never run a KS - so feel free to ignore me :)

Head of Lectors

Quick Starter Team

"...take a step back and remember that we are playing a game where we roll dice and move little people around the board."

- Grouchy Badger

• elendor_f wrote:

I think he simply means that making less available models is more likely to get you more customers.
      Even if you don't want to mix models at all, you may have to unless you buy a very big batch all at once.
      in my opinion the "problem" is not them doing less available units or not, the problem( again imo) is the price 100 euros for a single unit is crazy. The discounts for bigger orders barely go down( from 3 euros to 2,5).

We are not in gw era, althou theres still people going nuts to everything gw release, most people tend to measure the price-quality ratio a lot more than before and asking 50 euros for 20 archers 100 euros for 40 spearmen is a bit crazy. Dont get me wrong, im not calling them greedy or anything im sure they are doing their best to deliver a really good product as cheap as they can.
      Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds- elf hero on foot 2016
    • N3okorrales wrote:

elendor_f wrote:

I think he simply means that making less available models is more likely to get you more customers.
      in my opinion the "problem" is not them doing less available units or not, the problem( again imo) is the price 100 euros for a single unit is crazy. The discounts for bigger orders barely go down( from 3 euros to 2,5).
      We are not in gw era, althou theres still people going nuts to everything gw release, most people tend to measure the price-quality ratio a lot more than before and asking 50 euros for 20 archers 100 euros for 40 spearmen is a bit crazy. Dont get me wrong, im not calling them greedy or anything im sure they are doing their best to deliver a really good product as cheap as they can.
      Hand cast resin miniatures - IIRC they don't do their own casting, so they have limitations there with markups.

the options are to increase the volume, change the material (pewter or less likely, plastic). Simply put they are new, small and just don't have the clout or demand yet to change things.

If you gave me a choice between supporting Last Sword or supporting say, Forgeworld - I would drop the money on Last Sword - without hesitation. I gladly support the small guys who back us.

Give it time - they're a new company and they are focusing in on quality product and good service. I expect that as they build their brand and reputation they will be able to get better economies of scale.

right now, 60 euro for 20 highly detailed, modular, resin miniatures is not that bad.

Forgeworld? 14 LOTR dwarves for 75 Euro
      forgeworld.co.uk/en-ES/Iron-Hills-Warband

Head of Lectors

Quick Starter Team

"...take a step back and remember that we are playing a game where we roll dice and move little people around the board."

- Grouchy Badger

• N3okorrales wrote:

elendor_f wrote:

Disagree here. You are talking about a small company spending time designing these models and incurring costs to build their production molds (a process I'm sure that GW has down to a science, but which I imagine is a substantial undertaking for the little guys).

Of course I would love great quality models to be cheap as dirt, but the reality is that they are produced to generate a profit. If price is too high for the quality then people simply will not buy them.
    • I pledged 63 euros for 20 dragon guard and a character.

That’s like 3 euros per model and a 3 extra for the character.

In my book that’s decent value and compared to the market it’s pretty competitive. Not cheap, but competitive. I think it’s priced fine.
      Ammertime Podcast Host
      soundcloud.com/ammertime-podcast
      VC von Karlstein Army Blog
      The Von Karlsteins
    • New

Henrypmiller wrote:

I pledged 63 euros for 20 dragon guard and a character.

In my book that’s decent value and compared to the market it’s pretty competitive. Not cheap, but competitive. I think it’s priced fine.
      Yeah I'm gonna have to disagree. 60+€ for 20 models makes me cringe.
      It's okay, it has frenzy.

Just Flank It © KoE - Tactics 101
    • New

Thank you guys!

We have a lots of comments!

We I would like to explain again something. We are two people work full time in that. I will tell you a secret, I do not remember last time that I get a wage from LastSword.

At the begining I spent from March to September in Uk working more that 300hours per month, investing all money here, no holidays, no cinemas, not going out. We you are working all day, you have no time to improve your english, sorry.

After two years, the main different is I can stay in Spain working on that instead need to go back to the Uk.

@kisanis explained so well why our price is not low or high, as you like. Think about it, you are paying 2,5-3€ per model right. We have to pay more that 1€ to the manufacturer. Furthermore if you pay 3€ per model, we have to pay 0.63€ cents with the firts tax, there are more taxes that we have to pay.

No talking about scultping, all hours that we spend working on the web, on internet, on events... will you launch a range of miniatures if you will get less that 3 - 1 - 0.63 = 1,37€. I honestly is not 1,37, is even less.

I will meet you, I wont be able to invite you for a coffe. And It is sad to me. By the way I have depression and anxiety so is not easy.

And now, in other line. We were talking about wich models we could launch in the future.

Cavalry will be one of them and probably we will star with Silver helms ( @Laniston ) . We are still looking for the way to use dragons as a mount...

Sea Guard are nearly ready, it will be launch soon. We have to sculpt too a bolt thower.

Chariots are in our list, we are not sure if two or four horses.

Now:

@Vespacian we need to do both, common infantry and special units. People usually do not like mix range of miniatures. Anyway I hope that our Dragon Knights are different enough to other brands! As @infamousme said ;)

Queen Guard is listed to, we do not have nothing yet, but I think that will be ready after in one or two campigns.

What else? Yeah, Drak elves. We wanted to do it but nothing yet, only some ideas and draws.

We are scultping dwarfs but nothing to show yet.

About scenery I have no time to scultp so.... I must to find it.

@Jomppexx, @N3okorrales You always can take models from other brands, but think about if you like our miniature more than others ;)

I am not angry with anyone and sorry if my words could sound a bit rude, but is not my intention ;)

Thank you guys, always is really helpfully read your comments!

The post was edited 1 time, last by LastSword ().

• New

Hello,
      For my part finally I made a commitment of € 180 for 88 figures, if we count the figurines and the element of decor offered we find ourselves at less than 2 € the figurine!

And for once I do not find it expensive.

This is the first time that I support, I do not know how it should happen next for the selection of units and delivery

I do not know if I can support you at this height for each of your projects on this army but I decided to sell a part of my painted army to do it.

You are very much in the army theme that I want for a long time it is worth a few hours of sacrificed painting.

The archers, the guard albus, the dragon guard besides the characters are top, I like less lancers but I saw that your different regiments are interchangeable.

Do not take out the next kickstarter too fast so I can put some money aside for that ^^.

Bravo, really impatient to see more.
    • New

well, here's hoping you guys maintain momentum, and can find ways of lowering you costs or increasing your volume.

Keep up the work guys - your products look great!

Head of Lectors

Quick Starter Team

- Grouchy Badger

• New

Jomppexx wrote:

Henrypmiller wrote:

Which judging by your age and the fact that you're a student, that's perfectly understandable. When you are more established in your career it wont seem so bad. I really hope this isn't coming off as condescending as it isn't intended to be. I'm just pointing out logical reasons for the divide on the subject of price.
    • New

infamousme wrote:

Which judging by your age and the fact that you're a student, that's perfectly understandable. When you are more established in your career it wont seem so bad. I really hope this isn't coming off as condescending as it isn't intended to be. I'm just pointing out logical reasons for the divide on the subject of price.
      The other thing is that as people have said - yes it's more than some places, but what makes it worth it (enough to put on my list to get) is the quality of the sculpts.
    • New

infamousme wrote:

Jomppexx wrote:

Henrypmiller wrote:

Yes I totally understand that my current situation really changes my viewpoint :)
      It's okay, it has frenzy.

Just Flank It © KoE - Tactics 101