WTC - World Team Championships

Wanting to catch up on all the latest army gossip as it happens? Our Army Community Support team shares glimpses of the incoming army books!

• As promised i want to give some short explainations on what makes WTC different from ETC and hopefully a new gaming-experience for the players :)

Today i´ll start with:

Swiss Draw vs Double-K.O.

almost each and every T9A tournament in the world used Swiss Draw to determine the pairings and winner. This has a lot of advantages, but requires Cap and adjustments to make sure you do not have a winner two games before the even ends already for example.

WTC decided to use a Double-Elimination-system with Winners- and Losers-bracket where every team will play full 8 games.

There will be a Group Stage on the first day of the event including 3 games "dog-eat-dog" with groups of 4 teams each. The best two teams of each group will be move to the Winners-bracket, the 3rd and 4th of each group to the Losers-bracket.

Second day of the event there will be 3 games held in both Winners- and Losers-brackets called "eigth final", "first quarter final" and "second quarter final". After this and so before the last two games on the last day of the event every team knows if it either will play for rank 5-32 in the last two games or still will have a chance to play for first place in the "semi-final" and "final" of the event.

This system does not require to any cap or tables to determine the next pairings. We just need to define the winners and the losers of each game. In case of a tie on battle-points the victorypoints will be the tie-breaker. In the very unlikely case this will be a tie as well a coin-flip will decide on who is the winner - hard, but fair :).

Finally as a sketch the system looks like this:

Double-K.O.

We hope players will enjoy this system and we have a more alike experience like on other World Championships in sports like Soccer, Handball and the like. For the "true final" we will work hard to deliver proper coverage and create excitement until the last minute :)

Given the system discribed above we as well hope to make it way more transparent to show players who they might play next and what table they are on.

Another specifically important fact for a competetive team-environment it, that teams can prepare themselves more detailed for playing against 3 teams during the group-stage which will be known after rosters have been submitted. For ETC you know at best the first opponent.

Next time i´ll try to talk about Objectives, Tables and Deployment - stay tuned :)
    • You devious German! You did it didn't you, a kind of sports out of this game like you were saying. Seems that hard work paid off and results are looking promising. What can I say 3/5 Greeks plus two mercs will be there. I'll hunt your beasts heard in Germany!
      The only thing I am not really fond off is the brand name. WTC seems either like a playstation rally game, or reminds of ETC.
      Why not go for something more creative.
      Anyways definitely looking forward to this
      Coolest misfit ever

The post was edited 2 times, last by zerocool ().

• Given the application-process and the team setups (no open registration) IF there will be countries that can bring more than one team, these will be named Sweden1, Sweden2 and Sweden3 for example. We assume countries will try to set up as strong teams as possible and thus this differentiation will help to figure out what skill-level you meet as an opponent given the general playskill in that country.
    • Frederick wrote:

Given the application-process and the team setups (no open registration) IF there will be countries that can bring more than one team, these will be named Sweden1, Sweden2 and Sweden3 for example. We assume countries will try to set up as strong teams as possible and thus this differentiation will help to figure out what skill-level you meet as an opponent given the general playskill in that country.

Actually same system as the original WTC in Warmachine/Hordes...

Surprisingly, our WmH cousins are even more funkier with:
      France Astérix
      France Obélix
      France Idéfix

:D
      #freekillerinstinct
      Fantastique Bataillon de Joinville (FBJ)
      6 Nations 2014 Dublin. French DE player
      ETC 2016 Athens. Luxembourg coach

The post was edited 1 time, last by Babnik Kalenina ().

• Frederick wrote:

no T3. We will use tourneykeeper to manage participants.

Player names will be announced with list-publishing, since all countries can arrange the teams as they please.

What countries applied and for how many spots i´ll publish sometime in november :)
      Isn't the deadline for country applications Dec 1st. 24:00, or am I misunderstanding something in the reader?
      2011, 2012, 2013 Team Sweden ETC - Warriors of Chaos
      2014, 2015 Team Sweden ETC - Vampire Counts
      2016 Team Sweden ETC - Vampire Covenant
      2017 Team Sweden ETC - Captain