Making Wizard Masters matter

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Wanting to catch up on all the latest army gossip as it happens? Our Army Community Support team shares glimpses of the incoming army books!

• Making Wizard Masters matter

Ive found that Wizard Masters are somewhat lacking when all they really attribute is the +1 Cast/Dispel. They used to be the only way to get the third or forth spell. Now it is essentially paying 70ish points for a +1 to cast. Meh...

What if we restructured the Paths to have a Standard Spell version and a Mastery version? A Wizard Master that casts the spell would apply the "Mastery" aspects of the spell. This mechanic could replace the "boosted" versions of spells or possibly make the boosted versions the Mastery Aspect of it.

Example:

Enveloping Embers
    10+ 24" Hex, Direct Damage Instant The target suffers an Area Attack (4) with Strength 3 and Flaming Attacks.
    Mastery. Each Model in the target unit suffers 1 Strength 3 hit with Flaming Attacks instead.
  • chandlergriz wrote:

Ive found that Wizard Masters are somewhat lacking when all they really attribute is the +1 Cast/Dispel. They used to be the only way to get the third or forth spell. Now it is essentially paying 70ish points for a +1 to cast. Meh...

What if we restructured the Paths to have a Standard Spell version and a Mastery version? A Wizard Master that casts the spell would apply the "Mastery" aspects of the spell. This mechanic could replace the "boosted" versions of spells or possibly make the boosted versions the Mastery Aspect of it.

Example:

Enveloping Embers
    10+ 24" Hex, Direct Damage Instant The target suffers an Area Attack (4) with Strength 3 and Flaming Attacks.
    Mastery. Each Model in the target unit suffers 1 Strength 3 hit with Flaming Attacks instead.
    There are changes coming to magic in 2.0.
    Just because I'm on the Legal Team doesn't mean I know anything about rules or background in development, and if/when I do, I won't be posting about it. All opinions and speculation are my own - treat them as such.

Legal

Playtester

Chariot Command HQ