Just to give a bit of context to the "vitriolic unconstructive" complaints:
No idea what you're talking about regarding lores/paths, there are still 3 available.Gifts:
- Original: 14 gifts. 100/50/25 pts allowance.
- v1.3: 8 gifts. 1 Gift per character (2 if daemon prince).
- v2.0: 5 gifts. 1 Gift per character. Only chosen lords can take gifts.
- Original: 4 normal marks (15 units +3 characters), 4 daemon marks (1 character).
- v1.3: 4 normal marks (14 units +4 characters), 4 chosen marks (2 units), 4 daemon marks (1 character).
- v2.0: 7 Favours (3 units +1 character)
- Original: 3 Lores.
- v1.3: 0.
- V2.0: 0.
Those are just the army-specific customisation options. Factor in all the other deleted stuff, and all of a sudden the lachrymose complaints seem to have a solid basis.
So Chosen can have the spotlight. In last WDG and WOC editions Chosen were mostly left at home. Which is wrong as they are the poster child of the army.We want Chosens (on foot or mounted) to be present in majority of WDG lists.One thing that did surprise me was that basic warriors couldn't take favours, what was the reasoning for this? Would like to see it be an option but core go up to 25%
All the three main play styles must have competitive lists when book is released. Pricing must take care of that, its why we went public beta playtesting.Can you add some examples of lists that could be competitive with the current book from the WoDG team perspective? Just to put the focus on them.
But in regards to the past. I have not seen so many different WDG lists on tournaments than I did in 1.3
I for one think that it is hard for players to adept to "every option in the book must be usable". If you come from Warhammer game where 1/10 of the book always stands out as "this is brokenly auto include" then coming to T9A feels like "everything sucks".
Hopefully in 2.0 it will change but don´t think so.