Dispatches from the front V: Drill Sergeants Update

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ah ok, miscommunication there.
    It is support units that get FIER and shoot in extra rank.
    New rules:
    (1) I will do my best to answer your criticisms, particularly of RT, but don't forget to thank one of the unsung heros who hold this project together: rules clarity team, lectors, website admin, background etc...
    (2) If you tag me and I don't answer you, its because I'm busy, sorry :( . If you still want an answer ~4 days later then tag me again and I will try to do better :)
  • Smythen wrote:

Units within 6” of at least one Parent Unit gain Long Reach and may use Shooting Attacks from the 3rd rank (in addition to the 1st and 2nd).
    @Fthunder @DanT
    Raw this means that two parent units within 6" now have long reach.
    I guess the intention is that its only support units.
    Well DanT already bunked this as being false in the post above me but that ruling would mean that also the parent unit benefits from it as it's a unit within 6" of itself. Also cavalry could get long reach... :D
    It's okay, it has frenzy.

Just Flank It © KoE - Tactics 101

Painting and maybe other stuff in the future
  • @Herminard did in another thread discuss at length how the 2.0 beta rules for the On The Double! order is significantly nerfed. Previously, you had what was effectively +1 Advance Rate for charging, +2 Advance Rate for making advances, and +4 March Rate. Now, you just have straight-up +1 Advance Rate, +4 March Rate, which matters.

I think it would fit the flavour of the army better if this order would be used for carrying out fast, sweeping tactical maneuvers (long march moves) or reorganizing and getting quickly moving again (fast reforming followed by an advance), rather than for extending charge range.

How about if the order was instead changed to how it effectively was in an earlier variant of the game, i.e. +2 Advance Rate, +4 March Rate, but the unit can't declare charges on the subsequent movement phase? Or even +3 Advance Rate, +4 March Rate. There is simply something beautifully Sonnstahlish about a regular infantry unit turning or reforming in an instant and quickly getting going again.
  • Konrad von Richtmark wrote:

@Herminard did in another thread discuss at length how the 2.0 beta rules for the On The Double! order is significantly nerfed. Previously, you had what was effectively +1 Advance Rate for charging, +2 Advance Rate for making advances, and +4 March Rate. Now, you just have straight-up +1 Advance Rate, +4 March Rate, which matters.

I think it would fit the flavour of the army better if this order would be used for carrying out fast, sweeping tactical maneuvers (long march moves) or reorganizing and getting quickly moving again (fast reforming followed by an advance), rather than for extending charge range.

How about if the order was instead changed to how it effectively was in an earlier variant of the game, i.e. +2 Advance Rate, +4 March Rate, but the unit can't declare charges on the subsequent movement phase? Or even +3 Advance Rate, +4 March Rate. There is simply something beautifully Sonnstahlish about a regular infantry unit turning or reforming in an instant and quickly getting going again.
    +2 Advance, +4 March. Reduced to +1 Advance if the unit declares a charge.
    It's okay, it has frenzy.

Just Flank It © KoE - Tactics 101

Painting and maybe other stuff in the future
  • Konrad von Richtmark wrote:

@Herminard did in another thread discuss at length how the 2.0 beta rules for the On The Double! order is significantly nerfed. Previously, you had what was effectively +1 Advance Rate for charging, +2 Advance Rate for making advances, and +4 March Rate. Now, you just have straight-up +1 Advance Rate, +4 March Rate, which matters.

For reestablishing the order of the oblique line, yes.

For a few bricks, less.

For attempts of a star, its hot air in a jar.
    Why not hold elections for key seats? Sounds like fun, accountability, having to care and transparancy at once!

Hermund Vigerust Endressòn Furu - Savage Sage of the Norse
    Faux-pro player and ETC vagabond.
    Enjoys the company of deluded nerds and women of unquestionably low morale.

For questions of tactics, The Savage Arts of Playtrolling
  • New

GOOD job drill seargant! 8" support system! Should help! Now we just need the officers to yell a bit louder so it can be heard those 2" further away.
    and I still believe; Light infantry should fight and shoot in 3 ranks, Imperial Guards should have weaponmaster and both parent and support, and that halbardiers should wear heavy armor. For Sunna and the Emperor!!