SE Hereditary Community Feedback Poll #2

• Magic

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

• SE Hereditary Community Feedback Poll #2

Assuming the same general power level of the resulting spell, which basic (unboosted) type of effect would you most like in a SE Hereditary Spell? 83

The result is only visible to the participants.

I posted a poll on specific SE community suggested Hereditary spells earlier, however some feedback has been that the power level of some of those specific spells may have

a) Been OP (definitely agree)
    b) Affected the result of the poll (not sure)

This poll is to gather information on what general type of effects are most popular with the community. That information may be referenced in future ACS reports (for example).

THIS POLL WILL NOT DETERMINE A NEW HEREDITARY SPELL, JUST HELP US (THE SE ACS) UNDERSTAND THE SE COMMUNITY'S PREFERENCES BETTER

Thank you!

Data Analysis

The post was edited 1 time, last by DJWoodelf ().

• I guess for the moment it’s asking what sort of effects people would like to see in a spell and these effects could work in combination.

With the current results showing the 3 favourite effects as: in a forest, summon spites and Hex debuff, you could interpret these to generate 2 possible combo spells:

- Unit counts as in a forest plus damage output nerf if enemy unit.

- Summon spites that have a damage output nerf aura effect.
  • Darksaga wrote:

Is the sprite swarm with a:
    A) aura buff (debuff?)
    B) just a swarm (what kind of swarm)

Bc, just a swarm is meh, unless its has some good mechanics, if its a buff/debuff then its more interesting but depends on buff.

Iylankano wrote:

I guess for the moment it’s asking what sort of effects people would like to see in a spell and these effects could work in combination.

With the current results showing the 3 favourite effects as: in a forest, summon spites and Hex debuff, you could interpret these to generate 2 possible combo spells:

- Unit counts as in a forest plus damage output nerf if enemy unit.

- Summon spites that have a damage output nerf aura effect.
    Yeah I guess It could be made in any direction (possibly in the direction of a second popular effect, though any of the spells could potentially have a second popular effect as a boosted etc if it made great sense as a spell). The main thing is whether people like the idea of summoning sprites, and we can go from there.

Data Analysis

• @Hachiman Taro suggested I post this idea from another thread:

An alternative to summoning spites could be summoning woodland creatures. Something like a basic version summoning a wolf or wolves and boosted version for a bear (could really be any creatures). Almost like the old transformation spell where the boosted version was a stronger animal. So a more SE version of totemic summon that might work from the board edge and from any forest to avoid it being too situation but add flavour.

I’m not sure if this would be preferable to spites with a debuff aura as far as summoning spells go but if you like the idea then do like this post.