21 heavy infantry and then 4 units of ca. 20 light infantry. I am sure that was not working as intended
 - [prelate] - [Characters] - [General], [plate armour, great weapon], [imperial seal]
 - [marshal] - [Characters] - [BSB], [shield, pistol], [death warrant, blacksteel]
 - [wizard] - [Characters] - [4 Spells], [scepter of power], [wizard master], [cosmology]
 -  [heavy infantry] - [Core] - [spears], [M, S, C]
 - [2x15] [light infantry] - [Core] - [imperial auxiliaries] - [M]
 -  [heavy infantry] - [Core] - [M, S, C]
 -  [imperial guard] - [Special] - [great weapons], [M, S, C], [Household Standard]
 - [2x3] [knights of the sun griffon] - [Special] - [shield and lance]
 - [2x5] [reiters] - [Imperial Auxiliaries] - [brace of pistols]
 -  [artillery] - [Imperial Armoury] - [cannon]
 -  [steam tank] - [Imperial Armoury] - [Sunna's Fury]
Looks like something i would bring. I would split the 43 heavy infantry into 2 groups and bring two groups of IG, but still.
Some of the brainfarts of these lists are just silly (this one prob winning: 165- Marshal- Characters- BSB, shield.
260- 20x Heavy infantry- Core- FCG, Household standard.) and several of the concepts lack basics (like having even an attempt of a defensive plan against multipronged attacks).
I am quite certain that their probing for a mighty foul gunline will eventually reap rewards though - and they will all join ranks with the Special One optimised static gunline. Wether that is a perk or a flaw is up to the grand jury of balance and flavour to decide.
Yer alternative looks quite interesting. Now if Parents started from size 25+ eh?