Pinned BGT Name Polls; Vote for the names you dislike UP TO 5 VOTES

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

• BGT Name Polls; Vote for the names you dislike UP TO 5 VOTES

which unit names do you NOT like? 121
      Dread Prince (21) 17%
      Captain (15) 12%
      Cult Priest (11) 9%
      Oracle (19) 16%
      Assassin (1) 1%
      Dread Legionnaires (39) 32%
      Corsairs (2) 2%
      Blades of Nabh (38) 31%
      Repeater Auxilaries (54) 45%
      Dark Raiders (5) 4%
      Raven Cloaks (7) 6%
      Tower Guard (11) 9%
      Dread Knights (13) 11%
      Raptor Chariot (3) 2%
      Harpies (2) 2%
      Dread Judges (110) 91%
      Dancers of Yema (30) 25%
      Medusa (3) 2%
      Dark Acolytes (8) 7%
      Divine Altar (8) 7%
      Hunting Chariot (12) 10%
      Dread Reaper (14) 12%
      Kraken (8) 7%
      Hydra (1) 1%
    Vote 1

The post was edited 1 time, last by noir ().

• Which Item Names do you NOT like? 102
      Deaths Kiss (38) 37%
      Moraecs Reaping (10) 10%
      Transcendence (53) 52%
      Terrifying Visage (25) 25%
      Seal of the Republic (52) 51%
      Midnight Cloak (2) 2%
      Pendant of Disdain (15) 15%
      Amulet of Spite (6) 6%
      Beastmaster's Lash (1) 1%
      Ring of Shadows (1) 1%
      Wandering Familiar (9) 9%
      Elixir of Shadows (3) 3%
      Banner of Gar Daecos (31) 30%
      Banner of Blood (4) 4%
      Academy Banner (53) 52%
      Kraken's Hide (4) 4%
      Repeater Crossbow (2) 2%
      Repeater Handbow (12) 12%
    vote2

The post was edited 2 times, last by noir ().

• Which Rule Names do you NOT like? 97
      Killer Instinct (8) 8%
      Death Trance (39) 40%
      Scent of Blood (9) 9%
      Fleet Commander (5) 5%
      Beast Master (1) 1%
      Cult General (12) 12%
      Cult Rivalry (16) 16%
      Cult of Nabh (40) 41%
      Cult of Yema (32) 33%
      Cult of Cadaron (47) 48%
      Cult of Olaron (59) 61%
      Crippling Fatigue (13) 13%
      Cult Legate (41) 42%
      Irresistible Will (3) 3%
      Professional Courtesy (7) 7%
      Path of Bloody Murder (4) 4%
      Path of Silent Death (1) 1%
      Master Poisoner (2) 2%
      NightShade (2) 2%
      Wolfsbane (4) 4%
      Bloodroot (0) 0%
      Executioners Blade (2) 2%
      Gladiator Weapons (9) 9%
      Petrifying Stare (6) 6%
      Divine Blessings (10) 10%
      Harpooned (18) 19%
    vote3

The post was edited 1 time, last by noir ().

• So I see that one of the most disliked things are the cult names. While I think some of this may be related to the idea of cults themselves (or at least their application), I guess this could be alleviated with changing the names to more telling. Like, say, the Cult of Blood, the Cult of Senses, the Cult of the Hunt and the Cult of Discipline (sorry, I don't really get what is the idea with the last one - maybe the Cult of BlackGuardFanboys? ).

That way we would automatically know what which cult embodies, what it does on the battlefield and which Old God to link with them (so, KhaineTM, SlaaneshTM-or-some-minor-elven-deity, KurnousTM, respectively).
    My PLOG - restarted on the Ninth Age! - updated:
    11th November: WIP Harpies
    20th October: 10 more Spearelves
    17th September: Battle Report is complete finally
    10th August more WIPs
    01st August: WIP Gamezone Dark Raiders
    Previous entries: 2018: Jun 18,Apr 03, Mar 09
    2017: Dec 04, 26, 30; Nov: 04, 19.
  • Glonojad wrote:

So I see that one of the most disliked things are the cult names. While I think some of this may be related to the idea of cults themselves (or at least their application), I guess this could be alleviated with changing the names to more telling. Like, say, the Cult of Blood, the Cult of Senses, the Cult of the Hunt and the Cult of Discipline (sorry, I don't really get what is the idea with the last one - maybe the Cult of BlackGuardFanboys? ).

That way we would automatically know what which cult embodies, what it does on the battlefield and which Old God to link with them (so, KhaineTM, SlaaneshTM-or-some-minor-elven-deity, KurnousTM, respectively).
    Totally agree, i think that the names of these "new" cults have been a problem from the beggining. We are very influenced by the "previous" background that we al know.

I like your proposal about renaming the cults, another option could be, helping us with the new background that is being prepared, instead of differentiating troops or units for their cult, differenciate them by the city or province from which they come.

For example, instead of "cult of Olaron" change it by "Gar Daecos Host" or something similar, and with the other cults the same.

This could be explained by the fact that in the city or province "X" the majority cult is to the God o Goddes "X".
  • yagus wrote:

Glonojad wrote:

So I see that one of the most disliked things are the cult names. While I think some of this may be related to the idea of cults themselves (or at least their application), I guess this could be alleviated with changing the names to more telling. Like, say, the Cult of Blood, the Cult of Senses, the Cult of the Hunt and the Cult of Discipline (sorry, I don't really get what is the idea with the last one - maybe the Cult of BlackGuardFanboys? ).

Totally agree, i think that the names of these "new" cults have been a problem from the beggining. We are very influenced by the "previous" background that we al know.
    I like your proposal about renaming the cults, another option could be, helping us with the new background that is being prepared, instead of differentiating troops or units for their cult, differenciate them by the city or province from which they come.

For example, instead of "cult of Olaron" change it by "Gar Daecos Host" or something similar, and with the other cults the same.

This could be explained by the fact that in the city or province "X" the majority cult is to the God o Goddes "X".
    100% agreed.

I think the Cults need a lot more backup and symbolism. Like:

Nabh - Goddess of Blood. Colour: red. Symbol: dagger, serpent.
    Yema: Goddess of Air. Colour: Blue and Sea Green. Symbol: wings, sword, water drake
    Cadaron: God of Lightning. Colour: Purple. Symbol: arrow, crescent moon, lightning bolt
    Olaron: Lord of the Gods. Colour: purple and gold. Symbol: skull.

Something like that. It needs to come "alive" so to speak.
    This forum need polls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Playing/painting: SA, DE & HbE ..
  • I am following all "Name polls" :)

More on Elven Pantheon in one of the future scrolls. The article on Nabh is mostly done, others are to be structured for release soon. In general theogony and theology of the 9th Age will presented.

Background Team

Rules Team

Conceptual Design

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :BH: :DL: :DE: :DH: :EoS: :HE: :ID: :KoE: :OK: :O&G: :SA: :SE_bw: :VS: :UD_bw: :VC: :WDG:
  • Pellegrim wrote:

People do not like "Blades if Nabh"? Ahhhhhh... I frikkin love such fluffy names .... why dont you like it?
    Personally I do not like the phonetics of the deity involved. Nabh (also Yema). I have a hard time buying the names, ever since I first read them. Olaron and Cadaron are slightly better, but still just okay in my opinion.

"Blades of... " works though :P
    Painting stuff: Sabious' Crafts - Painting, terrain, etc.
    Offsite complete collection sabiousblog.wordpress.com/
  • Why??? oh god .... this must be so hard for the BGT .... I frikkin love these names as feel they are with character and uniqueness, and really create a T9A vibe. I fear generic names, and hope T9A has the ballz to keep creating weird fluffy names like Nabh. But it seems there are two sides to the coin here.....
    Booooooaaaaaarsssss .... Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge !!!
  • Giladis wrote:

I am following all "Name polls" :)

More on Elven Pantheon in one of the future scrolls. The article on Nabh is mostly done, others are to be structured for release soon. In general theogony and theology of the 9th Age will presented.
    Well, of course I do expect nothing less than that all corrsponding buffs and upgrades will very logically and consistently follow the different themes and traits of the Gods and Goddess involved! :thumbup:

Sabious wrote:

Pellegrim wrote:

People do not like "Blades if Nabh"? Ahhhhhh... I frikkin love such fluffy names .... why dont you like it?
    Personally I do not like the phonetics of the deity involved. Nabh (also Yema). I have a hard time buying the names, ever since I first read them. Olaron and Cadaron are slightly better, but still just okay in my opinion.
    "Blades of... " works though :P

I actually like "Nabh" most of all the Cult names thuis far. But why can't we have a poll for names?
    Let me add a few random options:

Dhurkon
    Cothunn
    Naggoth
    Kyssa
    Yshma
    Magash
    This forum need polls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Playing/painting: SA, DE & HbE ..