State of 9th age in the US

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

• The guys have reestablished the US Masters. @SirMC2015 is the chairman and they are organizing the 2019 season. The tournament scene in the US is picking up from what I can observe, especially in my area. We have the mid-Atlantic and the Midwest as the two most densely populated T9A areas for players (both are active). But the northeast has now started to pick up as there was a 50 man tournament in Philadelphia last toward the end of summer. Additionally, @grungimusic is on the US Masters committee and he is developing the Texas tournament scene. So, we are seeing more people and more organization happening. It's awesome.

Now, if we could just get the south going and Boston area going ...
    • As is @SkavenInAZ, Alex in NW US and others. We have. Canadian representative on the committee as well. @bubafett is our official spokesperson to the T9A powers.

There are others such as @Truckeye, James P, and I am sure I am missing someone but working. Please check out the website. Using phone so can’t get link but North American Masters.
    • @andrewgeddon is championing the Pacific NW contribution to the T9A masters.
      The pacific NW saw a significant drop in T9A activity this year, our largest regional event (near Portland) had only 8 sign-ups, vs. last year's 14. Hopefully this was mainly due to cost/time constraints.

However, an event in early March had seen a boost in attendance relative to it's inauguration turnout in 2017. So it is hard to give a concrete verdict as to the overall direction in the PNW.

On the positive side, we are melding with California's scene to provide more opportunities. @'andrewgeddon and I are heading down to the Sacramento area tomorrow for one such melding experience.
    • New

The Beninator wrote:

@andrewgeddon is championing the Pacific NW contribution to the T9A masters.
      The pacific NW saw a significant drop in T9A activity this year, our largest regional event (near Portland) had only 8 sign-ups, vs. last year's 14. Hopefully this was mainly due to cost/time constraints.

However, an event in early March had seen a boost in attendance relative to it's inauguration turnout in 2017. So it is hard to give a concrete verdict as to the overall direction in the PNW.

On the positive side, we are melding with California's scene to provide more opportunities. @'andrewgeddon and I are heading down to the Sacramento area tomorrow for one such melding experience.
      Appreciate the shout out! Just a couple of notes:

-While I'm working on trying to grow 9th Age up here in the Pacific Northwest, I'm not on any sort of Master's committee / team, just so there's no confusion.

-Our March event, March to War (get it?!?!) actually saw attendance down / the same this year from 2017; 10 players both years, with a drop this year after the 1st round. Out of the 10 players from 2017, only 4 of them returned for 2018. That being said, I'm looking at expanding the scope of March to War for 2019, making it a 5 round, 2 day event as long as we have enough interest. My hope is that making this a 2 day event, along with the impending release of the Gold rules, will got a long ways in seeing more 9th Age being played in our region.