DL 2.0 Spoiler recap

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

• IoRi78 wrote:

Kapten Kluns wrote:

@IoRi78 could you see if you could dig up anything on the DLs background? Like dhat mythology is it built upon, influenses, real life religion etc etc
    i'm asking to the BG team if the naming and a little explanation of the units entry could be ready to be pubblished.
    Thanks so much. That kind of things is what we need and ask for. Greeeeaat!
  • Archeron wrote:

About timetable i would say atm don´t expect book before 11.2018. Sorry to say.
    pfffff...

Just 2 advices:

- Next time just dont say anyone which armybook are u working on, so will not be so many frustrated players waiting.... and waiting.
    - Maybe, as the new book still going to take sooooo long to release, our 2.04 book should take some love. You actually "frozen it" saying "it's not worth working on it because new armybook will be release soon"
  • Asurnil wrote:

Archeron wrote:

pfffff...
    Just 2 advices:

- Next time just dont say anyone which armybook are u working on, so will not be so many frustrated players waiting.... and waiting.
    - Maybe, as the new book still going to take sooooo long to release, our 2.04 book should take some love. You actually "frozen it" saying "it's not worth working on it because new armybook will be release soon"
    Wrong: Cause full DL Team is working on new Book

If we don´t say on which book we are working we are getting same comment but , cause we say nothing. Whats better to know we work on something or to know nothing?

DemonLordDave wrote:

Forgive me if I'm sounding rude or impatient, but could someone (perhaps on the playtesting team?) help me understand why a preliminary book couldn't be released for community testing? My understanding of the book is it is relatively complete design wise, and points costs have been assigned. The next big step is to test the hell out of it and figure out what is broken, right?

I thought the whole purpose of this 2.0 beta period was to test things like this. Maybe I'm missing a piece of understanding here, but what's the reason the community couldn't aid the team with raw data? And if the answer relates to art/background, couldn't those be flushed out and added on once the balance process is refined?

Thanks in advance for your answer!
    There is first a internal playtesting to find big mistakes. There are special advices then in which combo units / items are to test. Also a phase of everybody is testing lists like he want. This is for seeing units which are over or under priced.

Also this is a good change to change rules during testing, if we would do this when we are testing public we would split community. Comments then are from " Now , we have to do there jobs cause Staff can not do it" over " Im not interested in constant changing rules" to " i´m glad to help". Not everybody is willing to help cause to be rude is this much more easy.

During internal PT it could happen that rules change dayly. We need this time to test in a smaller group ( 50 members + managment). We are testing there combos , prices , rules and so on. If sometimes happen taskes change dayly.

Head of Playtesting

Lord of Chaos , Duke of Equitaine , Cuatl of the Golden City , Herold of the Empire , Summoner of Pestilence , Lord of the Sea WotdG,KoE,SA,EoS, and DL and new HE but with Dragon Empire Ordo Sanctae Mariae Teutonicorum
  • Archeron wrote:

Asurnil wrote:

Archeron wrote:

pfffff...Just 2 advices:

Wrong: Cause full DL Team is working on new Book
    If we don´t say on which book we are working we are getting same comment but , cause we say nothing. Whats better to know we work on something or to know nothing?

DemonLordDave wrote:

Forgive me if I'm sounding rude or impatient, but could someone (perhaps on the playtesting team?) help me understand why a preliminary book couldn't be released for community testing? My understanding of the book is it is relatively complete design wise, and points costs have been assigned. The next big step is to test the hell out of it and figure out what is broken, right?

I thought the whole purpose of this 2.0 beta period was to test things like this. Maybe I'm missing a piece of understanding here, but what's the reason the community couldn't aid the team with raw data? And if the answer relates to art/background, couldn't those be flushed out and added on once the balance process is refined?

Thanks in advance for your answer!
    There is first a internal playtesting to find big mistakes. There are special advices then in which combo units / items are to test. Also a phase of everybody is testing lists like he want. This is for seeing units which are over or under priced.
    Also this is a good change to change rules during testing, if we would do this when we are testing public we would split community. Comments then are from " Now , we have to do there jobs cause Staff can not do it" over " Im not interested in constant changing rules" to " i´m glad to help". Not everybody is willing to help cause to be rude is this much more easy.

During internal PT it could happen that rules change dayly. We need this time to test in a smaller group ( 50 members + managment). We are testing there combos , prices , rules and so on. If sometimes happen taskes change dayly.
    I agree with the assesment that it needs to be refined behind some kind of curtain so that the book doesnt become a full on war between people agreed and arguing between what is good and bad. However it is hard to appriciate the direction something is taking since we do not know and since the product that is being released has been refined it will most likely be hard to change if it isnt any good or the direction is such that it doesnt feel right.
    For me it feels like I am buying the pig in the sack, only thing is that the sack if free, however there is only supposed pigs in sacks to buy from this particular store so I dont really have any choice