BattleCry 2018 - Official Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Personally I dislike seeing ringers in competition to win their own tournies.

So, either I intentionally make mistakes, or give folks proper games with a set outcome (I chose 20-0 and it's debatable on giving someone a 20 round 1).

Since I was ringer & TO, my goal was to provide a pleasant experience for my opponents while being pulled away from the game for rules queries.

Therefore, I created a fast-playing vanguard list designed to quickly finish 6 turns so that I could put back on my TO hat.

In attempts to avoid potentially tabling my opponent in a few turns while being pulled away, giving my opponent a 20-0 was what I felt to be fun to do. It was either that, or I would intentionally make mistakes but then I wouldn't want to offend opponents by not giving them a proper game.

Interestingly the Wooden Spoon was awarded to someone who received 20-0 from me, so I don't think the 20pts mattered much in thegrand scheme of things.

Lastly, I was ringer for 3/5 games, so 2 rounds no ringer.

Ideally my goal would be to get somebody else to be the ringer. Next year if BattleCry grows larger I'll try that.
      2012 ETC Team Ireland - Warriors
      2013 ETC Team Ireland - Vampires
      2014 ETC Team Wales - Dark Elves
      2015 ETC Team USA - Warriors
      2016 ETC Team USA (c) - Vampires
      2016 ETC Chairman
      2017 ETC Team USA (c) - Vampires
      2018 ETC Team USA (c)

@eggsPR
    • Conwy wrote:

Thanks Chris for a very well run tourney! Packet was a great idea. Was it your intention just for us to fill out the back cover for official results and the inside just for our notes? Also, I only filled out one of the painting boxes..was I supposed to fill out two? Sorry if I goofed there.

Great fun!
      Nope you did it correct. Just 1 vote for painting. Next year I'll ask for 2 votes: Best painted and 2nd Best Painted.

I'll probably cut Best Sporting to 2 votes as well.

So,

Best Sporting
      2nd Best Sporting (no award for this, but eliminates potential tie breakers)

Best Painted
      2nd Best Painted (award for this, but with weighting on both categories eliminates tie breakers)

Because, 2nd best painted was actually tied using just Best Painted votes. Norbert's UD and Brian Hulley's Halflings tied. So, my tie breaker was getting a consensus from and odd number of Titan Games employees to secretly vote between the two (I screened them to ensure they knew about painting). They looked at both armies and Norbert eeked out the Win.
      2012 ETC Team Ireland - Warriors
      2013 ETC Team Ireland - Vampires
      2014 ETC Team Wales - Dark Elves
      2015 ETC Team USA - Warriors
      2016 ETC Team USA (c) - Vampires
      2016 ETC Chairman
      2017 ETC Team USA (c) - Vampires
      2018 ETC Team USA (c)

@eggsPR
    • Chris,

thanks for running the tournament. I know that it is a lot of work. It was a well run tournament. I too appreciated that lunch was provided. My only criticism is about the venue. I like TItan Games, but boy, was it crowded. I actually appreciated the games on the lower numbered tables because there was room to spread out and I had a chair. Tournaments get long, and sitting down helps. I don't know what you can do about that -- I was really excited to get a few New York guys go come out (I got to play Andreas, who is a great opponent) and they may be less likely to come if you find a venue in Northern Virginia. Nonetheless, that is my one suggestion. Thanks again for running.

Kelly