QuickStarter 2.0 // Community feedback

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

• Windelov wrote:

Sorry for referring only to the movement phase; legacy reasons.

My question was to the combining of the magic, shooting and CC phases into one. Just seems like an intuitive way for simplifying the game (and more forgiving).
      you mean the active player can freely choose the order when to cast, shoot and fight with each unit?

Quick Starter Team

Playtester

• QuickStarter 2.0 // Community feedback

DJWoodelf wrote:

Windelov wrote:

Sorry for referring only to the movement phase; legacy reasons.

My question was to the combining of the magic, shooting and CC phases into one. Just seems like an intuitive way for simplifying the game (and more forgiving).
      you mean the active player can freely choose the order when to cast, shoot and fight with each unit?

Yup, most units can only do one of the them anyhow, ie they are mostly mutually exclusive. You would simply go through your units performing the action available to each of them in the sequence of your liking.

Rob, I haven’t tried it with new players. I just find that even seasoned players sometimes forget to shoot with a unit before starting the close combat phase etc.

Anyhow, it was just a thought. :)

Btw I would be willing to translate the QS rules into danish if needed :)
    • I would like a lot trying such an approach....but IMO not so much with newbies.
      Could be an alternative modus for FB.
      THEN, I would merge all phases so in fact there is no phase....so each unit cannot do more than now but you can freely choose the order.
      You determine Magic Flux at the beginning of the turn.

This would open up new possibilities like
      1. Charge a unit after another unit shot at that charged unit or cast a spell.
      2. Move after shooting (you would need to declare the intention to move after shooting concerning the move&shoot modifier)
      3. You could even use shooting weapons and spells against a unit that just fled from combat.
      Etc etc.

This would open a lot of option for a currently quite static game.

Quick Starter Team

Playtester

• That’s interesting!

If trying this out, could we also do it with alternating for each player, ie take turns to make actions with units?

I started writing something on a game system where you had a number of command points per turn and you then had to prioritize which units to move, shoot etc. characters could then add command points or lower the cost of actions. I guess this is off topic though. Let’s discuss another time after the QS 2.0 is released ;)