AB Rewrite Practice - Input on new Special rules

• echoctrl wrote:

Read back, I adjusted it to max out at +6 dice.

Found a way to keep things even between the different characters while not making each other incapable of being a general or BSB.

Now my only concern is that the power level might be too high.
    Do it like the impact hit banner.
    +1 for each full rank. That is +5most or 6 with characters
    Too close to home; too lightly guarded!

• Providence (X)
    For dice rolls subject to Providence (X), roll X additional D6 and discard the X lowest D6 rolled where X is the value in brackets. Dice rolls subject to Providence must roll all dice at once with a maximum of 6 additional dice. This rule replaces any instances of Maximized Roll affecting the same dice roll. This rule is cumulative (e.g. for a roll affected by two instances of Providence (1) you roll two additional D6 and discard the two lowest D6 rolled).

I think that line in red covers it.
    <div class="userTitle"> <p class="badge userTitleBadge brown" itemprop="title">Army Design Team</p></div>
  • Well I really like this idea.

It could be switches for jousting or Lance formation.

Lance formation:
    3 ranks and your providence?

Then you can add extra value for each unit.

Questing knights are too weak? Easy add +1 providence.
    Grails to strong? Remove?

Out of my head.

Aspirants get 0
    Realm get 2
    Questors get 2 +2 against fear enemy's.
    Grails get 3

Paladin 1
    Duke 2
    Special Virtue +1

Troubador balade adds +2 for rank and file?

• At them moment, Providence isn't tied to a specific Roll type i.e. to-hit, to-wound, armour saves, etc.

I am using a second rule

Grace Close Combat.
    In the turn this model charges to-hit rolls by the model are subject to Providence (1).

Currently Providence is an Army Specific tool for creating other special rules. e.g. (below)

Renown (00 pts) - One of a Kind.
    Close Combat Attacks made by the bearer gain Lethal Strike and to-wound rolls by the bearer are subject to Providence (3.)
    <div class="userTitle"> <p class="badge userTitleBadge brown" itemprop="title">Army Design Team</p></div>
  • Klexe wrote:

This means stacking grails + grail lord you are already capped at the max 6.

But this opens up for many combos
    I don't think so, since there are different attack values of the Character's wound pool and the R&F's wound pool. So you would roll upto 6 extra for the Grail Knights and then roll the Character's Attacks
  • I am going to clarify so that it is clearer that Characters and Units are separate.

I think it should be separated by wound pools, also helps with Champions in Duels. After all you don't roll your attacks for characters at the same time as the unit.

The post was edited 1 time, last by echoctrl ().

• Just reading your book.

Will. Comment on stuff:
    • Grail Oath with 3 supporting attacks? I don't think we are allowed that as it would allow us to hide a character in second rank. Especially Bsb. Even ogre lost this boon of hiding in second rank. Add rank and file. Fluff reason? Nobility always fights in the first row and never learned to fight behind someone else
    • Renown with providence 3? You have 4 attacks hitting 2-3 normaly and then you roll 5-6 dice and can only take 2-3 of them. Mmh needs math but looks good and strong. No multi wound. It is decent. Very good against high armor enemies and not very good vs infantry well it is all round decent. Like it. Most likely will be providence 2.
    • Absolutely LOVE temperance. Exactly what KoE needs. In comparison to hbe with double the hit number? Way worse :) we have 3*16% the chance to get an extra hit.
    • Valour looks on the first view weaker. Rerolling 4 attacks means on 4+ =3 hits. With 6 dice Mmh =3 hits.... Hitting on 3+ = 3.54 while providence means 6= 4. Okay decent. Small buff. I agree then.
    • Divine judgement with valour or temperance or especially with Renown? No special save and no armor and d3+1 wounds? While rolling 6 extra dice? So you get on average 1*6 with 2-3 hits.... Uf while having it on ANY weapon? I would say Lance or handweapon only. On a Bastard sword? I would always play this
    • You want every WOUND and not unsaved wound on might? Might plus temperance is the go to unit killer then. Killing around 7 rank and file models on the charge reliable. 4+3 dice =5 hits = 4.16 wounds = again 5 hits with bf then 4 wounds again = 8 if 3+/2+ ap3. Well but Lance only Mmh.... Will be decent but expensive
    • Tristran good. The buff it needs. Ap 2 was not enough
    • Faith as dominant? Mmh grail lord (current) with 1+/4+ and lucky charm and immune to divine? Decent trade to 1+/1+/blessing
    • New fortress Mmh it is not dominate? Together with crusader? Ah okay you can reroll the second roll of 1 Mmh so it very bad with crusader and It doesn't work with faith. Okay yeah I can dig that item. Together with temperance and might? Holy chessus... 5-6 Hits and then 5-6 wounds and then New attacks? Too strong. Fortress and might together should cost 200 so you can't get 1- :)
    • Artefacts... Meh
    • Give saint access to unicorn :)
    • Aspirants still with 2 attacks and providence and s6? 12 attacks rolling 18 dice = 9 hits instead of 6on average. Would remove the +1s for price and as I Red it you already did and I took the horse +1 s :)
    • Realms will really love grace. You can can hit on 3+ =12+6 =18 = 12 hits PERHAPS instead of 8 but on charge only. Like it
    • Peasants will be even more trash. I would say even better thanks to parry and cheaper
    • Ooh Bastard doesn't allow shield anymore... No auto include on heroes then. Forlorns go down to 3+ as without reliquary if they use a spear. Which doesn't provide +1 armor anymore
    • Questing knights with 3+ as? Intended?
    • Crusader useless as always :)
    • Man at arms weapons no points intended?
    • Love the scouts
    • S5 trebuchet
    • Can't comment on the choose.... To sleepy

• Klexe wrote:

Just reading your book.

Will. Comment on stuff:
    • Grail Oath with 3 supporting attacks? I don't think we are allowed that as it would allow us to hide a character in second rank. Especially Bsb. Even ogre lost this boon of hiding in second rank. Add rank and file. Fluff reason? Nobility always fights in the first row and never learned to fight behind someone elseDidn't think about that, will change wording to exclude characters.
    • Renown with providence 3? You have 4 attacks hitting 2-3 normaly and then you roll 5-6 dice and can only take 2-3 of them. Mmh needs math but looks good and strong. No multi wound. It is decent. Very good against high armor enemies and not very good vs infantry well it is all round decent. Like it. Most likely will be providence 2.
    • Absolutely LOVE temperance. Exactly what KoE needs. In comparison to hbe with double the hit number? Way worse :) we have 3*16% the chance to get an extra hit.
    • Valour looks on the first view weaker. Rerolling 4 attacks means on 4+ =3 hits. With 6 dice Mmh =3 hits.... Hitting on 3+ = 3.54 while providence means 6= 4. Okay decent. Small buff. I agree then.
    • Divine judgement with valour or temperance or especially with Renown? No special save and no armor and d3+1 wounds? While rolling 6 extra dice? So you get on average 1*6 with 2-3 hits.... Uf while having it on ANY weapon? I would say Lance or handweapon only. On a Bastard sword? I would always play this Tbanks for the catch. Will make changes.
    • You want every WOUND and not unsaved wound on might? Might plus temperance is the go to unit killer then. Killing around 7 rank and file models on the charge reliable. 4+3 dice =5 hits = 4.16 wounds = again 5 hits with bf then 4 wounds again = 8 if 3+/2+ ap3. Well but Lance only Mmh.... Will be decent but expensive
    • Tristran good. The buff it needs. Ap 2 was not enough
    • Faith as dominant? Mmh grail lord (current) with 1+/4+ and lucky charm and immune to divine? Decent trade to 1+/1+/blessing Not a choice I made. Hint
    • New fortress Mmh it is not dominate? Together with crusader? Ah okay you can reroll the second roll of 1 Mmh so it very bad with crusader and It doesn't work with faith. Okay yeah I can dig that item. Together with temperance and might? Holy chessus... 5-6 Hits and then 5-6 wounds and then New attacks? Too strong. Fortress and might together should cost 200 so you can't get 1- :) I figure Might to be expensive. Might make it charge only.
    • Artefacts... Meh
    • Give saint access to unicorn :) Will be a BGT decision. I have always been jealous of virgin damsels getting to ride unicorns, so it has my vote.
    • Aspirants still with 2 attacks and providence and s6? 12 attacks rolling 18 dice = 9 hits instead of 6on average. Would remove the +1s for price and as I Red it you already did and I took the horse +1 s :) No +1 STR.
    • Realms will really love grace. You can can hit on 3+ =12+6 =18 = 12 hits PERHAPS instead of 8 but on charge only. Like it
    • Peasants will be even more trash. I would say even better thanks to parry and cheaper
    • Ooh Bastard doesn't allow shield anymore... No auto include on heroes then. Forlorns go down to 3+ as without reliquary if they use a spear. Which doesn't provide +1 armor anymore Forlorn Death Star is dismantled but the unit should still be playable, +1 to-hit and wound with Reliquary still good I hope.
    • Questing knights with 3+ as? Intended? Yes, less expensive and got +1 Attack.
    • Crusader useless as always :) I tried so hard to make Castellan worthwhile.
    • Man at arms weapons no points intended? 00 is always a place holder for BLT.
    • Love the scouts
    • S5 trebuchet
    • Can't comment on the choose.... To sleepy

• Why even mess with the questing oath or bastard sword? They are fine right now.
    If most players arent taking QKs over grails now then why would they with 3+ armour?

My point on GW is cost. If bastard sword costs more and doesn't effect armour it will be considered worse than a GW for characters.
    AVOIDANCE FAILS 28% OF THE TIME FOLKS. -SE
    Undying Deathstar Construction Inc.
  • it would be great to have special horses, lord of horses if you will, for the Duke and Paladin; like shadowfax for the Gandalf. Just saying...

Social Media Team

The Round Table of Bretonnia 9th Age Forum
    ETC '17 - Team Turkey; Kingdom of Equitaine Player
    ETC '16 - Team Turkey; Highborn Elves Player
    ETC '15 - Team Turkey; Bretonnia Player