Valley Of The Crimson Sky: 3 day escalation campaign, Brighton 10th June-15th July

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

• Its the last day of the campaign and all those points are going to mean PRIZES!

4 prizes up for grabs, which I can already see people have being gaming in different styles to try and win.

Last game must finish by 4.30 when we will announce prizes.

1: Campaign Winner: Player with the highest overall campaign score
      2: Wooden Spoon: Player who attended all 3 days with the lowest campaign score
      3: Best general: Player with the highest mean VP over all their scoring games
      (i.e. if you played 4 games to help others finish only your first 3 count, no soft score)
      4: General with most potential: Player with lowest mean VP over al their scoring games. (no soft score)

All prizes will be Dice Saloon gift vouchers, you will need to have a Dice Saloon account to access them.

(Each player can only win 1 prize max)
      Hobby Blog: Alex's Underworld

The post was edited 1 time, last by Runemaster ().

• Runemaster wrote:

Dain_II wrote:

Oh Christ. Mistakes! Can I fix that before tomorrow @Runemaster?
      Yes send me your minor edits. You'll lose some soft score though unfortunately.

Dain_II wrote:

Oh, I'd hoped to face Thom at the end! Wanted a third and final match with him to round off my story
      You can always do this in game 3.
      I'd be up for that if @'ZardukZarakhil' is? But how would it work? I'd need at least one 4k game to determine who my opponent for the 4.5/5k game no?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dain_II ().

• ZardukZarakhil wrote:

@Runemaster question @Dain_II both have the same CPs i believe so for our game who would be the attacker and who would be the Defender?

Runemaster wrote:

(In case of equal CPs both players place 4 terrains,
      players roll off Winner picks board side, loser chooses who deploys first)
      Also for clarification: We will organise 6 pieces of matching terrain for each table. Players choose from this when deploying.
      Extra 7th (or 8th) piece of terrain (for player with less CP) must be chosen before 1st piece of terrain is put down.
    • Dain_II wrote:

Runemaster wrote:

You can always do this in game 3.
      I'd be up for that if @Zared is? But how would it work? I'd need at least one 4k game to determine who my opponent for the 4.5/5k game no?
      3rd Game is just for fun, but you can obviously use this for your fluff. Sorry you can't choose who you play in each round! :D
    • Runemaster wrote:

Runemaster wrote:

(In case of equal CPs both players place 4 terrains,
      players roll off Winner picks board side, loser chooses who deploys first)

So board side counts as deployment zone as written in rulebook?

4: Encircle
      The player who chooses the Deployment Zone decides if they want to be
      the attacker or the defender.
      My attempt at a Hobby Blog Clan Brighthelmstone (attempts at hobby)

Attempts at Battle Reports Some lists and the mistakes i make
    • ZardukZarakhil wrote:

So board side counts as deployment zone as written in rulebook?

4: Encircle
      The player who chooses the Deployment Zone decides if they want to be
      the attacker or the defender.
      Ok...

So in the case of drawn VPs (as you and Frank have) then

8 pieces of terrain (6 + one of your choice each)
      Roll off to see who deploys terrain first

Then roll off to see who picks sides / chooses attacker / defender (as per normal rules).
    • So i have finally managed to write the intro to the 3rd and final round if anyone gets to read this before tomorrow.

Apologies @sgu97bjd as i took some creative license why Varag wasnt there :)

The Skies which had been Crimson for months continued to roil, but imperceptibly they grew darker until finally in one small part of the southern end of the, valley the Crimson shade disappeared, in its place what may in fact at first be considered blackness was in fact not just the colour but a total absence of all colour. To those with the knowledge it was clear that this was the void. The Veil, the ephemeral aspect that protected the mortal world was gone and anything from beyond was able to enter. First through this new tear a massive graceful clawed foot stepped followed by a figure that emanated power, magic and desire. Swiftly many more creatures followed flooding through the tear to feed and consume from the mortal world.

Venisthetryyxxx stood tall and stretched out her perceptions, she had taken the knowledge Nystythyxxxx had brought back from this valley. Knowledge from the Infernal Dwarves and from the ancient Empire, knowledge of how to tear the veil and how to stabilise that tear, and she had managed to force it to her will, forcing the Veil to split and stay that way. No longer impeded by the painful trasition of the veil, she was able to manifest her most powerful form and so harvest the maximum from the Mortal Realms, if she managed to secure enough power she could make the tear in the veil permanent. A permanent way to feed and freedom from the Voids nothingness and darkness.

Around the valley this change quickly became apparent as the Crimson Sky became streaked with pitch black swirls of nothingness.

Varag Ardtoof had a dilemma, although he and his boys were in a perfect position to sweep down and crush this invasion, the change in the Sky had brought on a religious conversion amongst some of the lads. It seemed half wanted to worship the sky and the other half thought they were imbeciles, and as so often happens, squabbles became fights and his forces were currently in dissaray. Not only that but Boggit had disappeared it seemed, whether he had joined or led the conversion wasnt clear but he may have fallen prone to some intertribal strife as well. Goblin shamans were always ambitious. Turning his back on the Daemon force below his vantage point he cursed under his breath as he went to smash some heads and restore order. Once done then he could maybe return and bash anyone left.

King Dain was troubled his Runesmiths had read the runes and told him that travelling to the Southern end of the valley would allow him to reclaim some of his honour by besting the terrible Daemonic forces but would also lead him to the cause of all this trouble, if he could strike fast and hard against the Daemonic forces maybe he could end this. Led by his Rangers his army had skirted the squabbling Greenskins, hard as it had been they had kept focussed on the mission (killing greenskins could come later) and they were ready to beat back the terrible force emerging through the tear. With steel and determination he would lead his kin to glory.

The undying Dynasties had been silent over the previous weeks, many thought they had retreated but they had been using their knowledge and power to move through the Earth, to a point where their divinations had indicated would be crucial. This point in the southern area of the valley was to be where they dealt with the deadly phenomenon. Unfortunately their Divinations while good had been slightly off and as they emerged they found themselves facing a force of Undead from the Southern Ruins, summoned from their crypts these foes were marching North in search of the locus of power that had links to their Empire of Old that had awoken one of the Ancient ones themselves.

The Infernal Dwarves meanwhile were moving south, their imminent prophet could feel the stirings of magical energy that were linked but not from their mighty Inferno. Worried that he might have erred previously when he lost the caravan from the Inferno, he was moving his forces to rectify it by reclaiming anything related and killing all who wouldnt bow to him. So obsessed were his forces they almost missed the large force of Ogres who had seen them from afar and managed to set a trap. Swiftly realigning his force the Prophet would have to deal with these pirates before pushing on towards the anaomaly.

From the East came a new force, they had sailed around the world and ony recently arrived at the valley but like all others had been drawn by the magical force and power possibly available. Swift from their ships marched ranks of Dread Elf spearmen as their quicker forces ranged ahead of them. Following the nexus of power the Oracle gestured the direction of march, but all of a sudden paused as a cry from their outriders could be heard, swiftly silenced by a multitude of Sylvan Elf arrows from the forest edge across the dell. Good, more slaves to power on the way to the Locus.

And so the final stage of the battle for the Valley of Crimson Sky is upon us.
      My attempt at a Hobby Blog Clan Brighthelmstone (attempts at hobby)

Attempts at Battle Reports Some lists and the mistakes i make
    • Well done everybody 3 days of glorious games. And the RESULTS!!!

Well done to the following peeps:

Thom: Campaign winner with a massive 125 points
      Joe: Campaign wooden spoon: Played 9 games with total of 46 points
      Ben: Best general with an amazing average game score of 18 points
      Matt B: General with most potential with average game score of 5.5

Contact Dice Saloon for your prizes which will be added to your accounts there.

Scores

Overall results:

Rd 1-4 rank
      Thom1
      Dawid2
      Alex3
      Matt4
      Frank5
      joe6
      Ben7
      Shyam8
      Matt B9
      Olly10

Display Spoiler

Round 3

NameArmyList points /580% round 2 listRd 3 pts /20Total rd 3VP /30Rd 3 RankTotal rd 1-3Rd 1-3 rank
      MattVC556165545
      OllyVS00009169
      ThomDL5519291801
      BenOG00009623
      joeID5015204467
      DawidUD5514242712
      FrankDH05168574
      AlexOK555156526
      ShyamSE0519242328
      Matt BDE5511171110

Round 4

NameArmyList points /5Painting /580% round 3 listRd 1 pts /20BP/30Total CP/45Rd 4 RankTotal rd 1-4Rd 1-4 rank
      MattVC5051117275814
      OllyVS00000091610
      ThomDL55520304511251
      BenOG0000009627
      joeID5051218284746
      DawidUD55546216922
      FrankDH055711217775
      AlexOK5551523382903
      ShyamSE0051015208528
      Matt BDE5551015303419

• Runemaster wrote:

Well done everybody 3 days of glorious games. And the RESULTS!!!

Well done to the following peeps:

Thom: Campaign winner with a massive 125 points
      Joe: Campaign wooden spoon: Played 9 games with total of 46 points
      Ben: Best general with an amazing average game score of 18 points
      Matt B: General with most potential with average game score of 5.5

Contact Dice Saloon for your prizes which will be added to your accounts there.

Scores

Overall results:

Rd 1-4 rank
      Thom1
      Dawid2
      Alex3
      Matt4
      Frank5
      joe6
      Ben7
      Shyam8
      Matt B9
      Olly10

Display Spoiler

Round 3

NameArmyList points /580% round 2 listRd 3 pts /20Total rd 3VP /30Rd 3 RankTotal rd 1-3Rd 1-3 rank
      MattVC556165545
      OllyVS00009169
      ThomDL5519291801
      BenOG00009623
      joeID5015204467
      DawidUD5514242712
      FrankDH05168574
      AlexOK555156526
      ShyamSE0519242328
      Matt BDE5511171110

Round 4

NameArmyList points /5Painting /580% round 3 listRd 1 pts /20BP/30Total CP/45Rd 4 RankTotal rd 1-4Rd 1-4 rank
      MattVC5051117275814
      OllyVS00000091610
      ThomDL55520304511251
      BenOG0000009627
      joeID5051218284746
      DawidUD55546216922
      FrankDH055711217775
      AlexOK5551523382903
      ShyamSE0051015208528
      Matt BDE5551015303419

is this going on T9A rankings? I’m six places short of being in the top 100 :p
      #freekillerinstinct