The road to 205 - Dread Elves army book review

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

• The road to 205 - Dread Elves army book review

As you may (or may not ;) ) know, we have been working on getting the rulebook ready for the end of the beta version. To this end, we have been collecting feedback on the rulebook, split into "chapters of the week", over the last couple of months (you can find the corresponding threads in the General Discussion forum; since we haven't finished our work yet, you're more than welcome to give us feedback also on previous chapters of the week).

In addition to the rulebook, we'd also like to ask for your help looking for mistakes, typos, wording inconsistencies, issues with layout, etc. in the army books. The general rules that apply to the BRB chapters of the week reviews also apply to the army book reviews (see here).

In case you find anything along these lines in this army book, please do report the issue in this thread.
  • New

Memnite wrote:

So there is this mistake, it says units lose Killer Instinct in some circumstances..... :D

I wish the compact summary table at the last page returned to the Slim Book version, i always printed it separately and gave to my opponents to give rough idea on unit stats. Was very useful.
    We will re-introduce summaries in the army books eventually. Not all army books have moved from google docs to latex yet (you will notice two different layouts in army books - DE for instance still have the "old" layout, while books like BH and KoE have the "new" one), but once they have, summaries will return (we haven't decided yet how exactly they'll look like though).
  • New

On the altar option : the weapon is for all, even the avatar but this last can't use it because of harnassed. Rules are clear but there is the need to check (I was surprised when reading last time, I only checked because it wasn't like that previously), it's far better to specify it's only Disciples who wield the weapon.
    Armies : DE, UD - Co-organise : Nain Gros-Gnon

Post by setrius ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • New

I dunno is it only me - but i get confused on the armour saves. Example, Raptor Chariot states Arm 2, and next to it says 'Heavy Armour'.

It loos like the 2 comes from the Heavy Armour, but what is intended is 2 base PLUS heavy armour 2, so total Arm 4.

This needs a rethink... i had to ask on forums to make sure the Arm2 means the old Mounts Protection. I had to show the post from tagged people to my friends to convince them my raptor chariot has a 3+ not a 5+. Local community is pretty new, learning still, and convincing them im that not trying to cheat them is pretty annoying ^^
    #freekillerinstinct - Killer Instinct for all Dread Elves!
  • New

Memnite wrote:

I dunno is it only me - but i get confused on the armour saves. Example, Raptor Chariot states Arm 2, and next to it says 'Heavy Armour'.

It loos like the 2 comes from the Heavy Armour, but what is intended is 2 base PLUS heavy armour 2, so total Arm 4.

This needs a rethink... i had to ask on forums to make sure the Arm2 means the old Mounts Protection. I had to show the post from tagged people to my friends to convince them my raptor chariot has a 3+ not a 5+. Local community is pretty new, learning still, and convincing them im that not trying to cheat them is pretty annoying ^^
    There will be a "How to read unit entries" in the rulebook soon, which should help prevent such misconceptions.

Until then, if you have to convince your opponents that Arm 2 has nothing to do with the model's heavy armour, just scroll one unit upwards in the DE army book - there you will find Dread Knights with Arm 2 and Heavy Armour and Shield, which shows that the 'natural' armour displayed as Arm in the profile and the model's equipment are independent ;) .