Team Belgium supports the Ninth Age

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

• Team Belgium supports the Ninth Age

Greetings, fellow T9A enthusiasts!

Disclaimer: This is less of a "patting ourselves in the back" and more of a call for discussion and/or action.

We've been talking about this a long time now, but at last the Belgian ETC team decided to help the project by donating a modest amount of money (100 EUR). During the ETC in Zagreb we got into discussing about how T9A has kept our hobby alive and how it really is a great game and a much cheaper alternative to what the legacy game used to be. We wanted to see it grow and gaming communities thrive, so that we'll have many more years of wargaming ahead of us.

The first step towards this is, of course, nurturing the local gaming community and welcoming people into our hobby: in Belgium the players have come together and help organize events all over the country, often travelling more than 100km to join in the fun. Shout out to @IHDarklord, @strauss, @Sire Trencavel and many others who help run gaming clubs and tournaments in our region!

The second step is giving something back to the project, so as to help with server costs but also with reach-out initiatives and PR that would help push the game out of the "indy" division and closer to the big boys' league. We figured that ETC players are the ones that are definitely prepared to spend a good amount of money for their hobby, be it for miniatures or travel expenses to get to a faraway country just to play T9A.

If every player that is as invested in the T9A as ETC guys could spare even 5 euros to donate to the project, then not only would the day to day expenses would be covered, but the possibilities for promotional material would be considerable, not to mention the possibility of an updated T9A portal. For us in the Belgian team it represents only a tiny fraction of what we spend every year to support our hobby, and we gladly give it so that T9A can continue doing what they're doing.

We sincerely hope that our initiative will motivate other clubs and/or ETC teams to do the same.

On behalf of the Belgian ETC team,

Pascal

Not to forget, the contributing members are the 2018 ETC team and friends:
    @Wraysford @gregor @PrinceCharming @IHDarklord @Sire Trencavel @SmithF @Chosen of Sigmar @logick @Kabuum @'valmir' and MOUSS!

The post was edited 1 time, last by SmithF ().

Post by Pellegrim ().

This post was deleted by Stunt: Requested by user, and to get back on topic. ().
  • Pellegrim wrote:

I like the initiative and donated money in the past. But why I am currently reluctant to do so is because T9A can't provide a simple account or breakdown of expenses. If I don't see what I am sponsoring, I feel less motivated to sponsor. How do you feel about that?

I guess that there isn't any break down of expenses because there is almost currently no budget other than to cover the IT yearly costs.

You don't see what you're sponsoring?.. Well, basically, you're sponsoring T9A!

But let say that T9A gets additional budget to be present with a demo booth at an international gaming fair in a certain country. Would you rather not agree to sponsor T9A because you would prefer it to be present at another fair in another country?

I trust the MGN Teams (ExB and AdvB ) to lead T9A project's directions.
    KEEP CALM AND PLAY THE 9TH AGE

Post by Pellegrim ().

This post was deleted by Stunt: Requested by user, and to get back on topic. ().
  • Pellegrim wrote:

Skarloc wrote:

Pellegrim wrote:

I like the initiative and donated money in the past. But why I am currently reluctant to do so is because T9A can't provide a simple account or breakdown of expenses. If I don't see what I am sponsoring, I feel less motivated to sponsor. How do you feel about that?
    I guess that there isn't any break down of expenses because there is almost currently no budget other than to cover the IT yearly costs.
    You don't see what you're sponsoring?.. Well, basically, you're sponsoring T9A!

But let say that T9A gets additional budget to be present with a demo booth at an international gaming fair in a certain country. Would you rather not agree to sponsor T9A because you would prefer it to be present at another fair in another country?

I trust the MGN Teams (ExB and AdvB ) to lead T9A project's directions.
    I respectfully fully disagree with that.
    The thing is, there are costs currently - and they should be reported, as a reasonable amount of donation has been going in to it.

The fact that there is no financial statement does not help, as you literally do not know what is happening with the money. Assuming assumptions are the mothers of all .....'s. Trusting people with money is great - making sure there is transparent report of costs and funds is much, much better. In fact, it's the minimum an organisation that depends on donations should do.
    NO financial statement? the-ninth-age.com/index.php?donations/

Display Spoiler

You have been enjoying all the T9A goodies for free.
    Well, we may have very low costs, there are still some modest expenses to cover.
    We have some constant running costs, if only to be able to provide this webpage to you.

To be precise:
    The domains: 69,68€ for 12 month
    Server/webspace: 20€ per month
    DNS/CND-Service: 5€ per month
    +------------------------------------
    369,68€ every year

Since the project has grown much faster than anticipated, we need to keep up with the ever increasing demand if we want to keep the quality of the product.

We decided that we do not want to run any advertisement on this board.
    We used to have a donation page for the server, however, the money given to that donation so far is strictly used to keep the servers going and for the forum to be free of advertisements. Since we respect our donors, we do not intend to use money given for one purpose on something else.

For that reason, we have now updated the donation process, so that it may cover all other expenses. These may be, but not limited to, the following:
    Test prints of army books, rule book and magic cards along with marketing material in general. It may also include promotion Material and expenses (including book at local games stores - and their preparation).

We pledge to never use your donation for any personal enrichment, and we intend to report regularly about our expenses, for the sake of transparency and for your own information.

We estimate that we need roughly 2000€/year.
    It would be nice if you could help us to cover those costs.

Thank you for your Support!

P.S. More about what we, as project, think of money can be found here:
    What we think of money?
    KEEP CALM AND PLAY THE 9TH AGE

Post by Pellegrim ().

• I am not sure paying for own booth by project is a good idea. Presence at fairs is not only renting space costs and building store. As big costs is getting there, 3-4 people working 5 days 12 hours a day, living in the city. Bringing your own collection for display part of which will get damaged or lost. Do you expect budget to cover this costs, too?

Booth at fair could be cheaper if it get rented together with a few small companies who support project. But this requires project to run accounting...
    StormRider Games
    StormRider Facebook

_____________Join my closed Facebook group: Åsklander Bar
  • Pellegrim wrote:

I have donated my spare hobby time and (now) a sum of money to this project.
    If it was steered wrong the last thing I'd be worrying about would be the 10 euros I just threw into it!

The reason I did this post was to incite other people that have largely profited from having this free-to-play game designed for them to actually do something to help. On average, going to the ETC event (or any other large event) would set you back more than 500 euros (flights, accommodation and on-site expenses considered). My thinking is that by that point you can definitely spare 5 euros to make sure the project survives and thrives.

Whether this money is well spent is another discussion, and I am sure that the executive board have answered that elsewhere.

Post by Pellegrim ().

• and here we go again with spectacular accounting time!!!
    Joke asaid, @Pellegrim if needed I can provide account data on 2017, and between January and February of 2019 I can provide data for 2018.
    We ended 2016 with a back account of 1187 euros

Donations in 2017 are a total 1706 euros

Expenses ammounts to 1356 euros, divided in 806 for the server, software and account management and taxes, and 550 for etc 2017 report and cover by Tiny.

At the end of 2017 we have an total of 1537 euros on the account.

Do you all need any other information?

Playtester

DL-Comunity Support

Master of the Coins