2.1 Warriors of the Dark Gods

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

And on December 24th, Father Chaos brought us... A brand new army book for Daemon Legions!

• New

Jelle89 wrote:

Can you guys post an updated working armybuilder for WDG when you see one.

Its not that im lazy but sure is faster
    2.X has already the updated file (so with the new Patch), you can find it in the Support Corner

:P

Greetings,
    Kathal
    "When four Kings abdicate their thrones, do you really have a Kingdom anymore?"

I kind have a "blog" now: From Beer and Bretzle vol 2

[ETC 2016 - ID] [ETC 2017 - WDG] [ETC 2018 - ID] [ETC 2019 - TBD]
  • New

Jarek wrote:

Unit of 20 barbs with a chaos lord goes into warp from hellmaw. Can i distribute all the toxic hits to the lord?

Book wrote:

Suffers D6 + X hits with Toxic Attacks and Magical Attacks, distributed by the owner, where X is equal
    to the number of ranks in the unit. Hits distributed onto models with Hell-Forged Armour or Supernal
    automatically fail to wound.

AFAIK you cannot distribute the second hit on a model until all models in the unit have at least one hit on them?
    Army Design Team.
  • New

In addition to the pats on the back and high fives for a job well done, I also want to take the time to remind the rules staff of the responsibility they bear to the community at large. I was hanging my overall interest in the game, and the amount of money that I would spend on it going forward, on this patch alone. I own a very large WDG army, but after the demise of WFB I sold everything else and I have no interest in starting a new army, so this is it for me.

Yesterday I liked what I saw and was encouraged about the direction not just of our army but of the game itself. Based solely on yesterday's release, last night I spent:
    • $90 on fees for tournaments I was on the fence about
    • $80 on GW product at an online seller
    • $12 with an eBay seller to re-base said GW product
    • $24 at Base-X-Of-War for new movement trays
    • $40 on a Black Sun Miniatures figure to use as a giant (quality is excellent btw)
    • and tonight I'll head to a LGS to pick up a box of spawn, ~$35 or so.
    I'm not going to do that for every release of course, and I'm getting to the point of not being able to make any more viable purchases since I'm rapidly approaching the point where I own one or two of pretty much everything, but I think it still illustrates the financial impact this game can have on those companies that support our hobby. I'm betting I'm not the only one adding to my roster after yesterday, either.

My most frequent gaming buddy and close friend is in a very similar situation regarding his KoE army and also the game itself, though he has HE, SE, and UD to choose from as well. He's not happy with the book or the overall feel of the army, and as his interest in that army alone wanes, so too does his interest in the game.

Let's have a few more releases like this one, gents.
    I hereby curse Raistlin 100 times over for being every fanboy's ideal wizard archetype. What's so wrong with my blue-eyed boy Thulsa Doom? Now there's a sorcerer worthy of the dark gods.
  • New

For those who have waited Makhar book the wait is finally over.

Go here for the download.

There is also dedicated subforum for Makhar enthusiasts. Shortcut to the Makhar forum
    All things wargaming. My super entertaining hobby blog where anything wargaming related can happen.

"I heard a television interviewer once suggest that the use of dice made battlegaming on par with Snakes and Ladders and such like games of change. Well, he was being just stupid, or trying to take a rise out of his guest. It is in fact the imponderable which does give reality to 'Battle' and, as we shall see, does cause the players to make proper allowance for the unlikely or even seemingly impossible, which, as we read, did happen surprisingly frequently in the annals of war."
    -Charles Grant
  • New

shakedown47 wrote:

Whiny EU players be like "wah I have to take an awesome train with food and beverage carts a couple hundred miles across 12 different countries full of beautiful historic landscapes just to go to a tournament in Luxembourg."
    Luxembourg is about a 3 hour drive from me and I consider it too far :P

DeBelial wrote:

above have to stay, is it really necessary to limit unit with favours to 20 models? Would it break the unit?
    I personally think it should just be 25 for everything.

WastelandWarrior wrote:

should probably have 4 crewmen and a breath weapon or a bound spell, debuff aura and some mini bolt throwers to bring it inline with other monsters around this price bracket
    LOL... savage
  • New

@Kathal as long as your name is "kathal kathal from kathal in team kathal playing army kathal" i guess i cant track you on my priorities list. Hence i asked the info about the latest important tourney.
    But since u are like the only one with great consideration of himself, i did risk to ask.
    Just that.

If u retired and still can build 20competitive lists in one hour (not considering that mayne u got patch previously because your status) i think i may learn from you.
  • New

Kathal wrote:

shakedown47 wrote:

SkavenInAZ wrote:

Ahhh.. to live in a place where I don't have to spend at least that to go to a tournament that I don't directly help run...
    Whiny EU players be like "wah I have to take an awesome train with food and beverage carts a couple hundred miles across 12 different countries full of beautiful historic landscapes just to go to a tournament in Luxembourg."These people have obviously never driven across the barren, featureless, pot-holed landscapes of middle America just to attend a two-day event at some Holiday Inn in Cheboygan. X/ :D
    I'm fully aware that central Europe is as big as Texas, and Europe overall is tiny compared to the US. I was already in the states and I have no problems driving 6+h somewhere. However, there is a lot of convenience around here, since most people are simply not used to stuff like this. And btw, not everything is "full of beautiful historic landscapes", driving through the Ruhrpot is more depressing than driving through the Midwest ;)
    Greetings,
    Kathal
    I’m just sitting reading this in Australia... :P
    "The combination of lemon and habenero peppers was confusing to me. I will pay for this tomorrow i think." - Rosanjin Scholar, Iron Chef
  • New

Feynn wrote:

Or the northen ones where sun doesn't shine. 6-7 hours just to hole yourself in a hole to play the weekend and then return home to work. XD
    Lies! All lies! You either haven't played in Asturias during the summer or haven't been to our tournament, which has a tendency to make people drink a lot to don't dehydrate.

Proof here.

But... most of the time, you're right: bad weather during fall/winter, most tournaments are played indoors. However, it takes me 4 hours to get from Madrid to my place up North.

I lived in SC and that was the average time we took to go to NC to play some games at Atomic Empire. We had a blast every time. Driving in the USA is, however, rather dull in certain states due to the lack of anything to see really. South of the Border was the highlight of the features mid-trip, and that is something to say...
    LET ME SHOW YOU HOW TO PAINT YOUR MINIATURES EASY AND FAST WITH A NO-BRAINER TECHNIQUE:
    :mentalist: youtube.com/c/MiguelGarciaFernandez :mentalist:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ok@mi ().

• New

Wow, this update is insane. Literally, I cannot fathom the jump 2.1 did on 2.0.
    So everyone is Dis9 now? I can live with that! Re-rolls for break tests are back, and you don’t have to take them on a 7 or lower by default, too. Great stuff.

Love the dark prelate. Reminds me of a idea I posted a long time ago in one of former threads :)

Feldraks are very good now. The increased discipline let’s them operate more freely, which is just what the army needs. They can still panic, just not from non-Feldrak units.
    I call units like these “outriders” and I count units such as kestrels and wild riders amongst them as well. Operate away form the main army line and don’t need a babysitter. Fits Feldraks so well.

All in all, the update is what a lot of people have been asking for, even though it’s a surprise to me that the discipline stuff was tackled in such a manner. You can feel a new wind blowing in the RT!

I think it’s possible that we see 1 or 2 barb chiefs in a lot of lists just for the cheap warband banners. Which is a good thing!

I don’t get some of the negative stuff said about the update.
    You can’t re-roll March Tests or any other dis test unless you spend some 160 extra points (for the barb chief) on that ONE unit. Yeah, you have dis 9, but fail that and you’re done for. No bubble rally around the flag which is a staple for all armies.
    Before judging the high amount of possible LD9 in the army, remember that it still lacks an entire phase in the game, has 1 option for vanguard in the entire book, and no BSB bubble, which is a basic game mechanic every army has access to.

I don’t want to sound like an ungrateful SoB, but can we make knights better next? Then I can die in peace :P
    Moreover, I consider that the Seven Sins should be destroyed as an army background.
  • New

Didnt read dark prelate properly first time round. The bounds only cast on the lords unit, shame about that. Would it be too op if he could just cast them like normal?

Also was warrior unit size nerfed because of easy access to triple march banners on cheapo chiefs? Penny just dropped there

First game with new book tonight though, excited!
    Take a look at my painted army so far. Feel free to share a pic of yours!

Pics of my ever expanding warriors army

WastelandWarrior Painting League 2018

WastelandWarrior Painting League 2019
  • New

Prelate is supporting the unit. So casting those spells outside it would mess with this.

Warriors unit size was reduced because they were stepping on the barbarian territory with big unit size. Now barbarians provide big units.
    All things wargaming. My super entertaining hobby blog where anything wargaming related can happen.

"I heard a television interviewer once suggest that the use of dice made battlegaming on par with Snakes and Ladders and such like games of change. Well, he was being just stupid, or trying to take a rise out of his guest. It is in fact the imponderable which does give reality to 'Battle' and, as we shall see, does cause the players to make proper allowance for the unlikely or even seemingly impossible, which, as we read, did happen surprisingly frequently in the annals of war."
    -Charles Grant
  • New

Shukran wrote:

u also must consider that champ and ld 9 are just for breaks.
    No reform.

No march.

So i guess this time it ended in the ok stage.

Pretty sure that Dis 9 is always active as long as the champion lives. You only get re-rolls for break tests from the armour, that’s true.
    But you’re still testing on 9’s for everything else.
    Moreover, I consider that the Seven Sins should be destroyed as an army background.
  • New

jirga wrote:

Prelate is supporting the unit. So casting those spells outside it would mess with this.

Warriors unit size was reduced because they were stepping on the barbarian territory with big unit size. Now barbarians provide big units.
    Im happy with the update, dont get me wrong! Warriors werent stepping on barbarian territory at all though, barbarians are useless plebs, warriors are decent combatants!

Gonna field me some flayers for the first time in a long while now i have some free points, happy days. 4 chaff units, deluxe!
    Take a look at my painted army so far. Feel free to share a pic of yours!

Pics of my ever expanding warriors army

WastelandWarrior Painting League 2018

WastelandWarrior Painting League 2019

Post by jirga ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().