The concept of "Pubstomping" in T9A

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

And on December 24th, Father Chaos brought us... A brand new army book for Daemon Legions!

• New

Pellegrim wrote:

the relation between
    Which probably doesn't exist. All the guys that I knew in 8th, that used to stomp people with netlists, stopped playing T9A since netlist stomping just stopped working and you actually have to play the game to win and not just push models and roll dice with your OP list.
    My gallery: Adam painting stuff (HbE, VC and lots of terrain)
    My battle reports: Adam Battle reports
    Sea Guard homebrew: Sea Guard
  • New

If you have a list that when used perfectly will absolutely demolish the other guy in 2 turns, you don't have to use it like that.
    Whether you demolish the other guy in 3,4,5 or 6 turns you still only win 20-0 in each of those outcomes.

Equally, you don't have to aim for a 20-0 victory against the other guy.

The bare minimum victory condition is:
    • Win the Secondary Objective and score <900pts less VP, or
    • Lose the Secondary Objective and score 1351pts more VP.
    If you're using the optional simplified rules its:
    • Win the Secondary Objective, but score <10% less VP, or
    • Lose the Secondary Objective, but score >10% more VP.
    Still a win.
    Not the absolute best score of course

Just_Flo wrote:

The newb will still have a terrible game if I behave bad while tabling him.

But if I talk him through what I do and why or help him that might change.
    True but they're more likely to have a better game if you actually let them accomplish something rather than simply tabling them in the nicest possible way.

There's two things at play.
    1. Your own attitude.
      If you're no fun to be around then they won't want to play you anymore and if they see you as somebody who will always be there, they're not going to want to play at all.
    2. The game itself.
      Most new players want a fun game, and fun for them is they get to use their stuff to do something they feel is meaningful. What this is will vary from person to person but most of the time they're going to want to feel like they achieved something rather than nothing.
    So you need to be a decent person, but you also need to give them a chance.
    Pubstomping them, no matter how nice you are about it is never going to be something that gets people to play more than not doing that.
  • New

Adam wrote:

Pellegrim wrote:

the relation between
    Which probably doesn't exist. All the guys that I knew in 8th, that used to stomp people with netlists, stopped playing T9A since netlist stomping just stopped working and you actually have to play the game to win and not just push models and roll dice with your OP list.
    ok its fine then
    Booooooaaaaaarsssss .... Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge !!!
  • New

All I got from this is that you Limeys play magic cards at the pub!
    and I still believe; Light infantry should fight and shoot in 3 ranks, FREE command groups for EoS units. Imperial Guards should have weaponmaster and both parent and support, and that halbardiers should wear heavy armor. Brace for impact should be changed to, or there should be an extra order: " Have at THEM!" The unit gain battle focus.
    For Sunna and the Emperor!!