Release schedule / overview ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

And on December 24th, Father Chaos brought us... A brand new army book for Daemon Legions!

• Release schedule / overview ?

New

Hi everybody,

is there any overview of the releases available - or even a rough schedule for the upcoming month ?

It would be very helpdfull to have a fixed place where to go and check which were the last documents changed/released, accompanied by their status (beta/gold) and perhaps even a rough schedule for the next weeks (whishfull thinking). We have some things out there that "needs" to be maintained and updated following a change from the sources.
    The question is motivated by the last updates on DL/WDG books and my personal situation. If we have pleanty of leisure time it is easy to keep up with the project. If things get thight it would be realy helpfull to have a short stop-by page where you can check if there is some work to do - or needs to be planed the next one/two weeks.

Perhaps this might be also true for others, like translation, army builder, etc...
    If you do not like 9th Age - fine, it is your right to do so. But do not spoil our fun - go and find your game, be it AoS, 5th Edition, Magic or Dublo
  • New

Unfortunately we don't have a specific place like that. Ideally I'd like to set up a sticky thread in the public forums where we can show various time lines but it comes down to manpower and we don't have enough available to dedicate to it. One day I think it would be great to have but for now it's just a dream.

Without checking my notes, I don't think we have any scheduled releases for April.

Executive Board

Administrator

Human Resources

Want to help out? The 9th Age is an all volunteer organization and we're always looking for like-minded folks! Message me if you are interested!!
  • New

Actually, there is a dedicated place to check that.
    This is the rotating band at the home page. I happen to be the one to update it every now and then.

One picture (the one with the Sylvan Elf ready to shoot) mentions:

home pate rotating band wrote:

RELEASES:
    2nd Edition Gold delivered on 21 December 2018 in its Slim Edition. Legendary Edition hoped in March 2019.
    I tried to maintain there in a sentence telling what is the last major release and the next one.
    The link is towards the last relevant news, which provides much more detail.

Obviously, this text is outdated. Unfortunately, we have not received any update on the release of the Legendary Edition.
    Currently, we are trying to establish a more comprehensive and accurate release schedule.
    Also, there was a plan to move to a new webpage, which has stalled too, but this may replace somehow the rotating band.

This explains why the current home page is not up to date.

Social Media Team

UN Coordinator, aka UNSG

- druchii.net contribution: The 9th Age - Dread Elves
  • New

Calisson wrote:

Actually, there is a dedicated place to check that.
    This is the rotating band at the home page. I happen to be the one to update it every now and then.
    Ok, I was not precice enough :)

I was more thinking of e.g. WDG version 2.1.2 from 8. April.
    Even through it inlcuded only minor changes all the following materials need to be adjusted. Next to the question whether this is the WDG gold (from march)...[it is still beta]

Grimbold Blackhammer wrote:

Unfortunately we don't have a specific place like that. Ideally I'd like to set up a sticky thread in the public forums where we can show various time lines but it comes down to manpower and we don't have enough available to dedicate to it
    That is a valid argument.

Grimbold Blackhammer wrote:

Without checking my notes, I don't think we have any scheduled releases for April.
    Even such an information is great.
    If you do not like 9th Age - fine, it is your right to do so. But do not spoil our fun - go and find your game, be it AoS, 5th Edition, Magic or Dublo
  • New

Auto2 wrote:

Do we know which FABs are likely to be the last ones?
    The last ones will be the currently non-existing 17th and 18th factions, one of them possibly the Iron Crowns (mercenaries from Arcalea), the other one undertermined.

Auto2 wrote:

A few people are interested in releasing illustrated Army Books but obviously this doesn't make sense if a FAB will be released in the next 1-2 years.
    I am not sure to understand.
    Do you mean creating Homebrew illustrations for official Slim AB, like what Chevalier Rouergue has done for the KoE AB?

Social Media Team

UN Coordinator, aka UNSG

• New

MountainBuns wrote:

What about something as simple as

May - book adjustment (DL)
    June - points adjustment (all factions)
    July - ID beta testing

And so on. Do we not have one? It would take an hour tops each month to figure out and update.. that’s very low on man hours. :) thank you by the way for all you do! Volunteer man hours are hard to find.
    The hardest part is keeping it up to date - and trawling the forums and reaching out to people to get all the info.

We have approx 20 open projects to expand the game/experience for players. I've been busy with RL stuff lately - but I'm hoping this week to catch up and start hounding people for updates.

TLDR;
    Do we have something like that? yes.
    Is it accurate? for about 24 hours, then all projects get subjected to reality - but we're working to improve this.

Head of Lectors

Advisory Board

Quick Starter Team

"...take a step back and remember that we are playing a game where we roll dice and move little people around the board."

- Grouchy Badger

• New

Auto2 wrote:

Calisson wrote:

creating Homebrew illustrations for official Slim AB
    yes
    which books do we know will not get FAB treatment between now and, for example, Jan 1st 2022?
    This nobody knows.
    The furthest we ever discussed internally would have been books eligible to be considered in 2019-2020.

But you can guess quite accurately by yourself:
    those AB which are working well (good enough internal balance, playstyles doing what they are supposed to do) and which communities are happy with, have no reason to be pushed any soon.

Social Media Team

UN Coordinator, aka UNSG

• New

Auto2 wrote:

Calisson wrote:

But you can guess quite accurately by yourself:
    those AB which are working well
    Id you're going to put effort into illustrating and selling a slim army book you need to know, not guess.
    dude - we don't know because the amount of work it involves means making a hard 'THIS MUST BE THE WAY' path forward, locking us down for 5 years is dumb.

Seriously - it tethers us down to past decisions, which in 2 or 3 years may not be applicable - which is bad for our ability to deliver to the community needs.

WDG/DL are good for another month from what I can tell. ID/DE are the next 2 books, and beyond that, nothing is locked down because we cannot realistically make that call until we are closer to that time. Background and Art can change a lot in a year, and therefore affect our ability to determine which product is best to deliver in 2020.

@Uthegen - send me a PM with more details and I'll see what I can do to give you info after I check with ExB

Head of Lectors

Advisory Board

Quick Starter Team

"...take a step back and remember that we are playing a game where we roll dice and move little people around the board."

- Grouchy Badger