This forum is largely a sleep, and internal staff forum is probably the reason why

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

And on December 24th, Father Chaos brought us... A brand new army book for Daemon Legions!

• This forum is largely a sleep, and internal staff forum is probably the reason why

We heard many great initiatives are going on behind scenes, yet on the forums the tumble weeds roll gently in the wind, and one could set off a bomb without disturbing anyone. Yawns.

How about a little bit more sharing, and a little less cold treatment. Keep the fanbase interested.

Share some previews of the Campaign

Share a flash of the ID overhaul

Share a preview of the new website

Share some pages of the hundred pages of background that have been written

Anything

Dripfeed the dessert some water and see beautiful plants grow!

What is up with the PR team anyway?!?!?!?!?!?
    Booooooaaaaaarsssss .... Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge !!!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pellegrim ().

• It is allot of work to provide visibility. Maybe you should volunteer for a PR position.

On another note, vampire counts list analysis is almost done. I expect some lively conversation once done. I expect that combat carts with 4++ and some kind of armor save will be over represented, aka, lamia and dark coaches.

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Changing Constant: Changing carts to combat carts. ().

• The Changing Constant wrote:

It is allot of work to provide visibility. Maybe you should volunteer for a PR position.

On another note, vampire counts list analysis is almost done. I expect some lively conversation once done. I expect that carts with 4++ and some kind of armor save will be over represented, aka, lamia and dark coaches.
    wonder why... the corpsecart design is a joke.:)
  • Pellegrim wrote:

We heard many great initiatives are going on behind scenes, yet on the forums the tumble weeds roll gently in the wind, and one could set off a bomb without disturbing anyone. Yawns.

How about a little bit more sharing, and a little less cold treatment. Keep the fanbase interested.

Share some previews of the Campaign

Share a flash of the ID overhaul

Share a preview of the new website

Share some pages of the hundred pages of background that have been written

Anything

Dripfeed the dessert some water and see beautiful plants grow!

What is up with the PR team anyway?!?!?!?!?!?
    Most silence when I was staff was lack of staffing.
    You know how to fix that ;)

But I think the decline of the forum is not a bad thing... it is kinda natural due to the freeze and what the forum has been historically.
    What the forum really needs is for the community to make it something different.

What we need to do as a community is provide other reasons to be here:
    hobby blogs, tactics articles, war stories... we need to be the reason to be here, not some half-a$$ed chance to moan about some rules or shout at the project cos we think something has the wrong points cost.

That is why since leaving, I have focussed my efforts on my ID blog/tactics, and started a WotDG thread.
    I've also got some more tactics articles etc in the pipeline for when I get chance to finish putting them together.
    People want t9a/RT to simultaneously square, triangle, and icosagon the circle, whilst vehemently attacking it if there are any corners.

ID blog
    Dan ventures into the lands of smoke and fire

Basic beginners tactics
    No 'tactics for beginners' thread?
  • The decline in the factions sections is anything but fine. Remember that the factions websites are dead too.

Besides your thread there isn't that much activity in the WDG section. List building is going a little better. And they have a new book. We need a spark to light the stoves again - we need new input, different approach to background / a change of course to keep things lively imo. Previews and a more direct approach to fluff might be able to help here. You'll many more battle reports and fun stuff if the factions whould have a very basic fluff to go on. Now most of it is just empty, lingering on GW background. Not sure how substantial new content would need to be yet. Idea's?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Pellegrim ().

• I don't necessarily think a reduced traffic on the forums is a bad thing if it means people are spending less time in front of their screens and spending more of their time building and painting their miniatures as well as playing with them.

Furthermore as Dan said this forum has been to focused on just one particular aspect of the hobby for to long and it high time it gets rebalanced.

Background Team

Art Team Coordinator

Team Croatia ETC 2019 Captain ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ HEROES AND VILLEINS OF THE 9TH AGE
  • Giladis wrote:

I don't necessarily think a reduced traffic on the forums is a bad thing if it means people are spending less time in front of their screens and spending more of their time building and painting their miniatures as well as playing with them.
    I don't think thats the case though. Would be great if it was, but like I said above external army forums are at an all time low. Which means there is hardly any banter and activity in general - thats seldom good. Cause if people do fun stuff they tend to write about it.

So def. time for some more sneak peaks.
  • I have been seeing an increase in people playing in my region ever since the rules freeze happened. Also it should be taken into account that depending where one is forum members represent a miniscule to insiginifcant part of the local gaming population. So from my point of view activity on the forums rarely coorelates with the activity on the ground and that is where it counts.

Background Team

Art Team Coordinator

Team Croatia ETC 2019 Captain ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ HEROES AND VILLEINS OF THE 9TH AGE
  • Giladis wrote:

I don't necessarily think a reduced traffic on the forums is a bad thing if it means people are spending less time in front of their screens and spending more of their time building and painting their miniatures as well as playing with them.

Furthermore as Dan said this forum has been to focused on just one particular aspect of the hobby for to long and it high time it gets rebalanced.
    Is there a Social Media tie in for the hobby? I am not a millennial and have 0% tolerance for using social media. I don't even use Facebook (my wife made me an account just to wish my cousins happy birthday).

Anyway people seem to be more involved with using that stuff now a days than going online to a forum. Maybe we can link to twitch (I don't know what it is but I see advertising for it) Or can we have like a Channel? for Instagram. Could have our site on Pintrest.

I suggest these things blindly and with out knowing what we are in fact doing. I assume someone will answer that we are doing all of these things and more because I am totally disconnected from everything but this website.

Army Design Team

:KoE: :O&G: :SA:
  • Giladis wrote:

So from my point of view activity on the forums rarely coorelates with the activity on the ground and that is where it counts.
    That's an interesting pov. It is the total opposite of "when people are enjoying something, they tend to spend time spamming about it / reading / exchanging information. Media activity is actually a solid thermometer to measure the activity of a subject. So not sure where you're coming from. Seems a bit far off to claim a lack of activity is a good thing, haha.
  • More and more boards get their armylist analysis collection threads. And a livefeed on the results. So parts of TAs work is shared more and more.

ID did share something not far ago. I guess after the current review phase again more could be shared.

The final steps for the Website release are being done.

The final preparations for sharing some snippets from a certain place are done.

Other potential news need some additional preperations.

On the scroll work is done.

At least one Announcement which could interest everyone is in preperation.

Of course things could or even should go faster, but people need breaks and vacations, too.

Monitoring myself I can I must stress above point. Constant work with no stop makes people react and act not ideal.
    Some in the open board and in internal boards would be able to confirm that.
    Sometimes things need time. The last rush I did backfired and instead of bringing a topic forward by a lot complicated and postphoned it.
    ==》 More speed sometimes makes things take more time.

Advisary Board Member

Workfields: Tournament Analysis, Army Community Support, Playtesting, Community Engagement, Translation/ United Nations DE Poke/Tag me if I forgot you. The Fluxxcard App Blog: Inside TA. The biggest german Tabletop Board.
  • By the way it is raining outside so guess what I do during my vacation and my selfimposed dont work only read suggest write and chat time?

I am taking an online phyton 3 course to learn to code some very specific things if a special need or opportunity for the project should arise in the middle future.

Advisary Board Member

Workfields: Tournament Analysis, Army Community Support, Playtesting, Community Engagement, Translation/ United Nations DE Poke/Tag me if I forgot you. The Fluxxcard App Blog: Inside TA. The biggest german Tabletop Board.
  • To provide some justification:
    - Less traffic means less people visiting this place
    - Less people visiting means less reach for our news
    - This harms both Project and miniature companies supporting it (which I am not)
    - Less traffic means also less feedback which is not something a community driven project should desire

However I wouldn't blame staff. This place is what we make out of it. It has some constraints applied which do not help. Deleting old stuff means people might be a bit reluctant to post their work here. It also means this forum looks dead when visited by a random visitor. But it is us who provide content for forum. It is us who applied to it elitism and siege mentality which scare away people.
    StormRider Games
    StormRider Facebook
    _____________Join my closed Facebook group: Åsklander Bar
    Or my WoT EU clan:
    The Ninth Army
  • Pellegrim wrote:

Giladis wrote:

So from my point of view activity on the forums rarely coorelates with the activity on the ground and that is where it counts.
    That's an interesting pov. It is the total opposite of "when people are enjoying something, they tend to spend time spamming about it / reading / exchanging information. Media activity is actually a solid thermometer to measure the activity of a subject. So not sure where you're coming from. Seems a bit far off to claim a lack of activity is a good thing, haha.
    It comes from when people here enjoy something and want to exchange information the majority prefer to meet up in person and sit in a caffe for 2, 3, 4 hours chatting rather than doing the same via forums or social medial. I am not sure about the Dutch culture but down here in the balkans we have a very developed "coffee sitting" tradition on a daily basis.

When social interaction is particularly intense a person can participate in several "coffees" a day, spending as much as 8h with different people just chilling and chatting.

Background Team

Art Team Coordinator