Step in to the Cave of the Savage Sage

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

• Step in to the Cave of the Savage Sage

..a bearded hooded figure sits with a small pile of logs - glareing into a bonfire that gives a shimmering of light to the cave you have entered...

On a small wooden sign by the entrance someone have carved in the symbols:

"..fyr eitt fangje brinn el brakje o einn bett ohangje kjot to kjee - mi stakke merksemd du fe.."

Why not hold elections for key seats? Oh! And direction of the game - that would also be hella cool :)

Hermund Vigerust Endressòn Furu - Savage Sage of the Norse
    Faux-pro player and ETC vagabond.
    Enjoys the company of deluded nerds and women of unquestionably low morale.

For questions of tactics, The Savage Arts of Playtrolling
  • Clearly the bearded figure is suffering from dyslexia with all those 'glareing' spelling mistakes etched on his post box (even though he calls it a sign). Roughly translated, it says "I had to burn my dictionary to get this damn fire started"

Still, hanging around with women of low morale will get one down, so to speak. Try hanging out with some that have low morals, things might starting looking up. :love:

Anyway, a small pile of logs is better than no company at all I suppose.

Here is my riddle:

"Why take a Warrior Priest when you can take a Wrath Battle Shrine?"
    <3 Stepping down to focus on the latest addition to the family! Three kids means we now form a complete rank! <3
  • ..the Sage waves @Pinktaco over to his fire with a welcoming gesture and nods to leave the firewood with the other logs..

*grabs brances of juniper and examine them closely*

*flicks out a sharpened bone from his robes and starts tearing up the meat in steady motions - hanging strips of meat on a crudely smithed tripod*

*fire begin to sizzle from the fat of the meat*

*carefully rips of small twigs of juniper and place them on a circular black rock in the middle of the fire - seemingly not caring much about the flames dancing about his fingers*

"Your words smell of vinegar and eittill - but your question is honest"

*leans forward and whispers with a boorish voice..*
    Why not hold elections for key seats? Oh! And direction of the game - that would also be hella cool :)

• ..the Savage Sage gives @There Is No Spoon a strabismical glaire..

"Inkje atal fèr tòkvit eh?"

*grabs Spooney by his tender tufts of chesthair*

*slams him in a cage in the corner of the cave*

*rings bell*

..a chained man dressed in tattered courier clothing appears from the shadows..

"I am to enform ye that ye be the Sages new skreyb"

*..the Savae Sage unchains the tattered courier and the poor soul runs off from the cave..*

*The Savage Sage toss Spooney a handful of strips of dried goatmeat with flavour of juniper*

"eta no"

• ..the Savage Sage gives out a small laugh and shouts:

"Strogoff!"

..the tatterly dressed courier appears in the entrance of the cave...

"You can come back now Strogoff - the Troll is gone"

"Now how about some of that meat eh? And tell me that tale again about how you walked the great whites and how Nadia treated you so well back then.."

*Strogoff sits down with a laughing grin on his face*

• Herminard 2 hours ago wrote:

I will now light the fire of the sixth day of solstice and contemplate the matter.

True story just happened wrote:

As the Sun reached the point of ascendance - and the fire of the Sixth day of Solice was lit - 3 eagles came upon us over the mountainside from the North - one less than 20 reaches of my arm away

hoovered us for a while and left

as the Sun were about to reach descendancy to the peak of Mount Hòvdinn in the South West - a Raven flew in from sea somewhere in the South East direction

- it too came as close as 25 reaches of my arm to our fire - then in short order let out 3 cries

Within short - a single Eagle came - again above the hillside from the North - and the Raven left to the South East as the Sun descended to the peak of Mount Hòvdinn

The Eagle now hoovered us - and is still showing it self now and then

I.. am not unused to see Eagles or other aviators playing in the wind that the sunfall brings - but the timing of these events was almost too much ..
    - the baffled Savage Sage stutters as he walks back into his cave.

Blessed Sixth of Solstice to ye all,

-H-

• *wakes Strogoff with a gentle poke of a worn wooden staff*

"Awake - and pack your things - for we must go. In an instant. We have matters unsettled in the Kingdom of the Knighthoods"

*Leaves cave with fire dying out*

• Steps into the cave. It's all dark and abandoned, kinda smelly too. Sad face. If only Telepathic Link had a farther reach so I wouldn't have to traverse the great pond, again..
    But then I remembered - elsewhere a light in the night sky with a strange figure is used as a signal..

Perhaps if..

*Throws brakjii to the flames and then prepare the meal of unhung meat of kje.*
    The smell should attract the sage like a ring attracting another certain shady cave dweller.
    I'll let the flames eat the bits with the most fat, so that the meat is ready for when he comes.

When he gets back it's time to seek advice concerning the capabilities of the old and powerful ones.
  • ...the Savage Sage steps out of the shadows, oogling the meat and nodding with content at the smoke from the brakjii...

*sits down by the bonfire*

• *slowly lifts righ arm into the fumes of the embering brakjii*

"So you dont share the common beliefs of the Southern tribes - that these beings are but myth and mist and drunk sailors talks? "

"I ventured as Herje of the Hird of Einarr Kjòskàrklèss to the Norsca settlement in the warmlands in the west - and I have seen what these creatures are"

"After setting up our kringla heimsens as a make shift fortress on a mudsandy river bank in the warmlands - we were startled by handfulls of small beings that stood beyond our gate - making strange clasping and clicking noises - almost like a field of crickets - but with a humming tone to it - clearly taunting us"

"The younglings, the oarsmen, the einherjar and the berserkar streemed through the gates - as is their nature when invited to fight - and while they honoured their ancestors - they also soon rejoined with them - for as cursed by skammdegi these crickets scattered like a shoal of fish - and like the unretaliable scorning words of mad women the rest of the crickets let rain arrows and darts upon the men - we could but bite our lips to bleed from our vantaged wale of the longships"

"Then - silence - and from a clearing in the woods a bloated toadlike creature emerged - still not a sound - servants big and foul as orcs carrying him on a large masonned throne - the unnerving silence - then this preponderant creature saluted us with a chalice and a smirk - and everything went pitch black"

"I remember wakeing up in a dimly lit room - unchained - but as trapped as a mouse in a wolfs throat - these skràtti crickets running around everywhere"

"We did as all men would and sought out our revenge on these níðingr - and even stripped of arms and armour the ones we could catch were easily squashed to pulp - the orc sized servants soon assailed upon us - and proved worthy of fighting men of the Hird - believe me not if you will but it only took two handfulls of them to best Einarr Kjòskàrklèss! Blessed be his wander to Valhalla!"

"Still unchaned - but in the grip of the servants iron claws - we were led outside and before the preponderant toad - while overgrowth everywhere the masonworks we could see there was nothing short of mountains!"

"One by one we were led before the anuran - each time - silence- each time the cowardly crickets led the men to giant pits of snakes and had the servants muscle them over the edge - the servants seemingly not careing if they fell into the pit aswell"

"As it were, I was the last of the Hird to be led before the toad - thinking of it, we were led before the toad in order of rank, but had recieved no questioning nor were we wearing distinctions - I have given much thought to how the tricks of coincidence can play with a mans fate"

"As I approached the toad - he let out a distingct burping sound: coatl - and I were immideately led to one of our longboats that had been unsanded from the river bed - and with no sail nor oar I were sent to sea - only to be found adrift by an Estalian caravelle two forthnights later"

*removes hand from fumes - hair on the back of his furrowed hand curl up into small black lumps*

*looks directly at @Pinktaco with a grey gaze, suddenly resembling a weather beaten old dog*

• Do please enter the Herminards Hermitage, how may I help a stray straggeler? Come sit by my bonfire and lift your heart.

*Pours Juniper brew*
    *Sits down*

• ..A crackeling white and boyish smile - as one that can be found on the face of a 9 year old lad finding a hole in the fence to the neighbours backyard - appears on the face of the Savage Sage...

*Nods slowly*

"I must first request you bring be brakjii of the juniper and a piece of unhung meat of kjee - for I can not consult spirits astain"

*takes a deep sup of his crude wooden bowl*

• ..with what mus be described as a french kiss with teeth involved the Savage Sage devours two thighs and a brisk of kjee.. then burps.. then starts adding brakjii to the fires..

*the Fire engulfs the brakjii*

*nodding and odd eyebrow moves ensue*

(you have PM)

• The Savage Sage have ran into some..difficulties..

drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ono…yd1VqNGs/view?usp=sharing

Will be back as soon as I am off the morphine.