If you don't like it, there's the door, but don't break my toys on the way out!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• @An Empire Fallen

Freedom of speech should be respected, even when we do not agree with what is being said. If you don't like it, get out and shut up is a rather totalitarian attitude...

That guy uploaded a video and put it on his YouTube channel. He did not walk into your gaming club and scream out loud that this game sucks, nor did he stomp your plastic toys with a giant cosmic hammer like Sigmar incarnate.

You overreacted to the opinion of a single person, and I find quite disturbing that so many members upvoted it.
  • Whoa guys. Of you take a moment to look back to my original post, you will notice that I did mention (whether in the post or my blog) that my MAIN issue was not with TSC (who I am still subscribed to as I do enjoy the majority of his content) but with the state of comments he recieved to the video, that were pure negativity towards 9th Age, that were critical and not construction, and demeaning to those who have put countless amount of time and effort into building this. I'm sorry if you took my sentiments the wrong way. I have no issue with freedom of speech. I have an issue with people in the gaming community as a whole who have a tantrum because they can't have what they want in a game.
    The Beast Herds have heard the Call. The Blood Hunt is coming to Play.
    Run and Hide, Run and Hide. For come the Break of Day,
    Blood will run as we catch our Prey.....

anempirefallen.blogspot.com
    facebook.com/anempirefallen

T9A Armies: Beast Herds, Empire of Sonnstahl, Warriors of the Dark Gods, Dread Elves, Orcs & Goblins
  • Thaos wrote:

@An Empire Fallen

Freedom of speech should be respected, even when we do not agree with what is being said. If you don't like it, get out and shut up is a rather totalitarian attitude...

That guy uploaded a video and put it on his YouTube channel. He did not walk into your gaming club and scream out loud that this game sucks, nor did he stomp your plastic toys with a giant cosmic hammer like Sigmar incarnate.

You overreacted to the opinion of a single person, and I find quite disturbing that so many members upvoted it.
    mate, I understand you are feeling I "overreacted" but as I stated, TSC was not my main issue. And no, this is not based on one persons opinion. This is based on spending countless hours strolling our forums, along with other war gaming forums across the global community, and watching people pull apart other players games because they don't like it, or because they didn't get what they want.
    But, it's your opinion and way of reading what I wrote, and I DO respect that, even if the way you interpreted what was written is not as it was intended.
    The Beast Herds have heard the Call. The Blood Hunt is coming to Play.
    Run and Hide, Run and Hide. For come the Break of Day,
    Blood will run as we catch our Prey.....

anempirefallen.blogspot.com
    facebook.com/anempirefallen

T9A Armies: Beast Herds, Empire of Sonnstahl, Warriors of the Dark Gods, Dread Elves, Orcs & Goblins
  • Kpl.blutch wrote:

An Empire Fallen wrote:

(who, as I have earlier stated I have been a loyal follower of his channel for years)
    Come on guys ! It is Anthony from TSC we are talking about :) He has always been like that. Where OB and Malorian have this "nice" style in their videos, TSC has the "yell and bawl" style
    How many of you in here did not have a good laugh about his "10 reasons I hate skavens" ? Hands up ;)
    He has always been like that, and people who has followed his channel in 8. edition knows that
    Do I think it was cool he made that video ? No. I would rather have been with out it. But on the other hand. If some people take Anthony a 100 % serious, that says more about them than TSC :D
    And just to point it out. How many of his followers on youtube do you think sits on this forum ? My guess is, that it is a good part of them, so one could argue, that he made that video for the wrong audience. But I guess he will notice, when his number of followers is lowered drasticly, if all in here that did not like the video, stop following his channel ;)

Christoffer
    Yes, I will give you that, his "10 reasons I hate Skaven" was very funny, no doubt of that. However I stopped laughing and started to stop watching by the time of his 8th Edition army books reviews. I didn't need to watch them because the pattern started with the Dwarves, essentially "This army is disappointing, I don't get it, none of these units have any apparent application in the game..." that summed up every one of his army book reviews, almost word for word. So yes, it is his channel, he has a right to say what wants. But as someone who followed his content early on, as a viewer I watched it get more and more complainatory and less informative and I began to lose interest in what he was publishing.

An Empire Fallen wrote:

Whoa guys. Of you take a moment to look back to my original post, you will notice that I did mention (whether in the post or my blog) that my MAIN issue was not with TSC (who I am still subscribed to as I do enjoy the majority of his content) but with the state of comments he recieved to the video, that were pure negativity towards 9th Age, that were critical and not construction, and demeaning to those who have put countless amount of time and effort into building this. I'm sorry if you took my sentiments the wrong way. I have no issue with freedom of speech. I have an issue with people in the gaming community as a whole who have a tantrum because they can't have what they want in a game.
    No, that's true, the thread did take a turn towards specifically talking about TSC, and that's partially my fault as I was the one who zeroed in on it. I also didn't mean to take issue with ONLY Anthony. Like you, that TSC Core video for me was like the culmination of many similar videos and forums I'd seen up to that point. TSC was like the thing that put it over the edge for me, but he was far from the only one, which is important to point out. As I said in other posts, Anthony is intelligent, articulate, and his knowledge of fantasy gaming is genuinely impressive. It's ironic because on a personal level he'd probably be a very cool person to play a casual game of Warhammer with. His channel does not define who he is as a total person. And what's more, early on in 2013, I absolutely loved his channel. It was post-AOS and just before AOS where it took a turn for the more cynical and made his stuff less informative.
    There are many magic rings in the world Bilbo Baggins, and none of them should be used lightly!
  • Dan wrote:

avalterra wrote:

Actually this bring up a question I've had that i can't seem to find the answer to. What, exactly, is the relationship be tween T9A and GW? Is this a license? An OGL? A "we'll look the other way as long as you don't <<fill in blank>>?

I'll bet it is discussed somewhere. Can anyone toss me a link?
    No relationship whatsoever. T9A is a standalone ruleset, written from scratch, and the team has absolutely no affiliation with GW or any of its products.
    Got it. Okay so is this being done by a corporation, a partnership, a non-profit? Are the rules/brand being trademarked or copyrighted?
  • avalterra wrote:

Dan wrote:

avalterra wrote:

Actually this bring up a question I've had that i can't seem to find the answer to. What, exactly, is the relationship be tween T9A and GW? Is this a license? An OGL? A "we'll look the other way as long as you don't <<fill in blank>>?

I'll bet it is discussed somewhere. Can anyone toss me a link?
    No relationship whatsoever. T9A is a standalone ruleset, written from scratch, and the team has absolutely no affiliation with GW or any of its products.
    Got it. Okay so is this being done by a corporation, a partnership, a non-profit? Are the rules/brand being trademarked or copyrighted?
    You can find more answers here.

the-ninth-age.com/index.php?legal-notice/
    "Turns out, life's a little bit more complicated than a slogan on a bumper sticker. Real life is messy. We all have limitations. We all make mistakes. Which means, hey, glass half full, we all have a lot in common."
  • Dan wrote:

avalterra wrote:

Thanks! So it is an open license but *your* (T9A's) open license. It looks like use of the work is allowed as long as you are not trying to make money off of any derivative works.Good to know.
    Did you have something in mind?
    Nothing immediate - but possibilities do seem interesting - fiction, alternate rules sets, add on product etc.