The 9th Age Community Guidelines
Be polite - Be polite, treat people well, and talk to each other, and build a great community together.
Take care of each other - Harassment, threats, bullying and intimidation are not allowed.
Protect yourself - Always protect yourself by keeping private stuff private. - Do not share your real name, address, school name, photos of yourself or your friends and family.
Respect people's privacy - Do not try and get personal or account info from other people (especially those under 18).
Contribute, Contribute, Contribute! - So the more good content you can add, the better chance The 9th Age has of becoming successful. - Remember that the content is what brings the community to the The 9th Age; it is what you have in common.
Attribute fairly - The 9th Age believes in the open source movement. Whether you use text, or images under license, with the author's permission, or under "fair use" guidelines, always give the proper attribution.
Keep your account secure - Protect your account information. Let us know if you think someone has accessed your account. If your account is used to vandalizes The 9th Age, it's the account (so, you) that will be held responsible. That could lead to your account being terminated.
- No swearing or dodging swear filter
- No political discussions or content (Yes, this includes all sides)
- No religious discussions (Saying God bless or mentioning that you'll pray for someone does not count)
- No name calling, harassment, threats, bullying or hate speech
- No trolling
- No homophobic language, ethnic slurs or religious hate. No language or content that encourages hatred or violence or that disparages others on the basis of their race, gender, sexuality, religion, country of origin and so on.
- No unreasonable derailing of the thread (Some leeway may be given if the Original Poster of the thread doesn't mind or the derailing is not too bad)
- No publicly disclosing sensitive personal information of other T9A users on the T9A website, any other platform, or offline without the consent of the individual to whom the sensitive personal information pertains; sensitive personal information may include but is not limited to the person’s legal name, address, employer, contact information, family information and so on
- No impersonating staff or someone else
- No having more than one account (Unless specifically authorised by the Ninth Age team)
- No disrespecting other members or staff
- No disrespecting the Moderator Team actions (If a user, staff, or otherwise, has issue with the actions of the Moderator Team then they should take it up with the Head of the Moderation Team or alternatively the Executive Board via private conversation)
- Conversations with T9A staff relating to moderation issues are private communications. Private communications are not to be shared with others (with the exception of the Head of the Moderation Team and the Head of Human Resources) without the consent of the parties directly in the private communication
- No nudity. Artistic nudity may be allowed - for example a classical painting, or a small amount of nudity from a game screenshot. But that nudity should not be the focus of the topic (For text, content that just mentions characters have sex is likely to be OK. But content that describes exactly how they have sex, is not. Content that describes violent or non-consensual sex is expressly prohibited)
- No spam. It's not okay to use The 9th Age to advertise other sites or services. Even worse is if you are adding the link repeatedly, or in places where it's totally off-topic. Accounts caught spamming will be terminated permanently. Spam can also mean repeatedly posting the same content on multiple topics pages, even if it's not an advert
- No porn, shocking images, or adult content
- Do not link to illegal content (including links to copyrighted movies or TV shows) or creating content that gives instructions on how to do something illegal
- The following explains the points system used by the Moderation Team on the T9A website when the above Forum Rules are violated.
- Points may be applied to a user’s account at the discretion of the Moderation Team.
- As an account accrues points, the account will incrementally be banned on the following escalating schedule:
- 1 point - warning
- 2 points - banned for 1 day
- 3 points - banned for 1 day
- 4 points - banned for 2 days
- 5 points - banned for 1 week
- 6 points - banned for 2 weeks
- 7 points - banned for 1 month
- 8 points - banned for 3 months
- 9 points - banned for 6 months
- 10 points - banned for 1 year
- Points will last for 2 years from the date they are assigned to an account, after which they will expire
- Permanent bans will be issued to spam accounts, or in the case of particularly serious breaches of the rules
- The Moderation Team will communicate via private message why an account is receiving points, how many points are being issued for the rules violation and how many points the account currently has accrued including the currently issued point(s). The Moderation Team will communicate if the total accrued points will result in a ban, how long the ban will last and when the ban will begin
- When trying to log in with a banned account, a message will be displayed advising when that account will be allowed to access the forums
- If you believe a moderator has improperly applied points to your account, you may request that the Head of the Moderation Team review the action, and if you are a T9A staff member, or you may request the Executive Board to review the action. You may contact the project by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
9th Age LicensingCreative Commons Attribution-No Derivatives 4.0 International Public License By exercising the Licensed Rights (defined below), You accept and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivatives 4.0 International Public License ("Public License"). To the extent this Public License may be interpreted as a contract, You are granted the Licensed Rights in consideration of Your acceptance of these terms and conditions, and the Licensor grants You such rights in consideration of benefits the Licensor receives from making the Licensed Material available under these terms and conditions.
Section 1 - Definitions
- Licensor means the individual(s) or entity(ies) granting rights under this Public License.
Section 2 - Scope
- Licence grant.
- reproduce and Share the Licensed Material, in whole or in part; and
- produce and reproduce, but not Share, Adapted Material.
- Term. The term of this Public License is specified in Section 6(a).
- Downstream recipients.
- Other rights.
- Patent and trademark rights are not licensed under this Public License.
Section 3 – License ConditionsYour exercise of the Licensed Rights is expressly made subject to the following conditions.
- If You Share the Licensed Material, You must:
- retain the following if it is supplied by the Licensor with the Licensed Material:
- a copyright notice;
- a notice that refers to this Public License;
- a notice that refers to the disclaimer of warranties;
- a URI or hyperlink to the Licensed Material to the extent reasonably practicable;
Section 4 – Sui Generis Database Rights.Where the Licensed Rights include Sui Generis Database Rights that apply to Your use of the Licensed Material:
Section 5 – Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability.
Section 6 – Term and Termination
- Where Your right to use the Licensed Material has terminated under Section 6(a), it reinstates:
- upon express reinstatement by the Licensor.
- Sections 1, 5, 6, 7, and 8 survive termination of this Public License.
Section 7 – Other Terms and Conditions
Section 8 – Interpretation
9th Age GalleryPictures uploaded at our websites gallery are licensed under the Creative Commons Public License as the rest of the website (see 9th Age license for details) and can be subject of publications and promotion material for the 9th Age project.
(Last update: Mar 22nd 2022, 10:43pm)