The 9th Age Community Guidelines
Be polite - Be polite, treat people well, and talk to each other, and build a great community together.
Take care of each other - Harassment, threats, bullying and intimidation are not allowed.
Protect yourself - Always protect yourself by keeping private stuff private. - Do not share your real name, address, school name, photos of yourself or your friends and family.
Respect people's privacy - Do not try and get personal or account info from other people (especially those under 18).
Contribute, Contribute, Contribute! - So the more good content you can add, the better chance The 9th Age has of becoming successful. - Remember that the content is what brings the community to the The 9th Age; it is what you have in common.
Attribute fairly - The 9th Age believes in the open source movement. Whether you use text, or images under license, with the author's permission, or under "fair use" guidelines, always give the proper attribution.
Keep your account secure - Protect your account information. Let us know if you think someone has accessed your account. If your account is used to vandalizes The 9th Age, it's the account (so, you) that will be held responsible. That could lead to your account being terminated.
- No swearing or dodging swear filter
- No political discussions or content (Yes, this includes all sides)
- No religious discussions (Saying God bless or mentioning that you'll pray for someone does not count)
- No name calling, harassment, threats, bullying or hate speech
- No trolling
- No homophobic language, ethnic slurs or religious hate. No language or content that encourages hatred or violence or that disparages others on the basis of their race, gender, sexuality, religion, country of origin and so on.
- No unreasonable derailing of the thread (Some leeway may be given if the Original Poster of the thread doesn't mind or the derailing is not too bad)
- No giving out sensitive personal details publicly
- No impersonating staff or someone else
- No having more than one account (Unless specifically authorised by the Ninth Age team)
- No disrespecting other members or staff
- No disrespecting moderator actions (If a user, staff, or otherwise, has issue with the actions of a moderator then they should take it up with the head of the moderating team or Head of Human Resources via private conversation)
- No nudity. Artistic nudity may be allowed - for example a classical painting, or a small amount of nudity from a game screenshot. But that nudity should not be the focus of the topic (For text, content that just mentions characters have sex is likely to be OK. But content that describes exactly how they have sex, is not. Content that describes violent or non-consensual sex is expressly prohibited)
- No spam. It's not okay to use The 9th Age to advertise other sites or services. Even worse is if you are adding the link repeatedly, or in places where it's totally off-topic. Accounts caught spamming will be terminated permanently. Spam can also mean repeatedly pasting the same content on multiple topics pages, even if it's not advert
- No porn, shocking images, or adult content
- Do not link to illegal content (including links to copyrighted movies or TV shows) or creating content that gives instructions on how to do something illegal
- There are two type of points, points that expire after a set date (12 months) or permanent points
- These points are added to user account when forum rules are broken
- Once your account reaches a certain amount of points your account will be banned:
- Individuals that have accumulated 7 points - banned for one day
- Individuals that have accumulated 8 points - banned for one week
- Individuals that have accumulated 9 points - banned for one month
- Once a user's account has reached a minimum of 10 expiry points or a serious offence has occurred, all further points issued to the user's account will be permanent. Once 10 permanent points have been reached, the user's account will be permanently banned from the forums
- Moderators will issue these points to your account
- Moderators will ensure you are aware via private message when you are getting closed to being banned
- If you'd like to know how many points are on your account, reach out to moderating team via private message
- Banned user will be given a display message of when they'll be allowed back on forums when trying to log in
- Any appeal against a moderating decision should be taken up with the Head of the Moderating Team, or alternatively the Head of Human Resources via Private Conversation
9th Age Licensing
2. Fair Dealing RightsNothing in this License is intended to reduce, limit, or restrict any uses free from copyright or rights arising from limitations or exceptions that are provided for in connection with the copyright protection under copyright law or other applicable laws.
3. License GrantSubject to the terms and conditions of this License, Licensor hereby grants You a personal worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual (for the duration of the applicable copyright) license to exercise the rights in the Work as stated below:
4. RestrictionsThe license granted in Section 3 above is expressly made subject to and limited by the following restrictions:
5. Representations, Warranties and DisclamerUNLESS OTHERWISE MUTUALLY AGREED TO BY THE PARTIES IN WRITING, LICENSOR OFFERS THE WORK AS-IS AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE WORK, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR THE ABSENCE OF LATENT OR OTHER DEFECTS, ACCURACY, OR THE PRESENCE OF ABSENCE OF ERRORS, WHETHER OR NOT DISCOVERABLE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SUCH EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
6. Limitation on LiabilityEXCEPT TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR BE LIABLE TO YOU ON ANY LEGAL THEORY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS LICENSE OR THE USE OF THE WORK, EVEN IF LICENSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
9th Age GalleryPictures uploaded at our websites gallery are licensed under the Creative Commons Public License as the rest of the website (see 9th Age license for details) and can be subject of publications and promotion material for the 9th Age project.
(Last update: Dec 2nd 2020, 8:18am)