The 9th Age Community Guidelines
Be polite - Be polite, treat people well, and talk to each other, and build a great community together.
Take care of each other - Harassment, threats, bullying and intimidation are not allowed.
Protect yourself - Always protect yourself by keeping private stuff private. - Do not share your real name, address, school name, photos of yourself or your friends and family.
Respect people's privacy - Do not try and get personal or account info from other people (especially those under 18).
Contribute, Contribute, Contribute! - So the more good content you can add, the better chance The 9th Age has of becoming successful. - Remember that the content is what brings the community to the The 9th Age; it is what you have in common.
Attribute fairly - The 9th Age believes in the open source movement. Whether you use text, or images under license, with the author's permission, or under "fair use" guidelines, always give the proper attribution.
Keep your account secure - Protect your account information. Let us know if you think someone has accessed your account. If your account is used to vandalizes The 9th Age, it's the account (so, you) that will be held responsible. That could lead to your account being terminated.
- No swearing or dodging swear filter
- No political discussions or content (Yes, this includes all sides)
- No religious discussions (Saying God bless or mentioning that you'll pray for someone does not count)
- No name calling, harassment, threats, bullying or hate speech
- No trolling
- No homophobic language, ethnic slurs or religious hate. No language or content that encourages hatred or violence or that disparages others on the basis of their race, gender, sexuality, religion, country of origin and so on.
- No unreasonable derailing of the thread (Some leeway may be given if the Original Poster of the thread doesn't mind or the derailing is not too bad)
- No publicly disclosing sensitive personal information of other T9A users on the T9A website, any other platform, or offline without the consent of the individual to whom the sensitive personal information pertains; sensitive personal information may include but is not limited to the person’s legal name, address, employer, contact information, family information and so on
- No impersonating staff or someone else
- No having more than one account (Unless specifically authorised by the Ninth Age team)
- No disrespecting other members or staff
- No disrespecting the Moderator Team actions (If a user, staff, or otherwise, has issue with the actions of the Moderator Team then they should take it up with the Head of the Moderation Team or alternatively the Executive Board via private conversation)
- Conversations with T9A staff relating to moderation issues are private communications. Private communications are not to be shared with others (with the exception of the Head of the Moderation Team and the Head of Human Resources) without the consent of the parties directly in the private communication
- No nudity. Artistic nudity may be allowed - for example a classical painting, or a small amount of nudity from a game screenshot. But that nudity should not be the focus of the topic (For text, content that just mentions characters have sex is likely to be OK. But content that describes exactly how they have sex, is not. Content that describes violent or non-consensual sex is expressly prohibited)
- No spam. It's not okay to use The 9th Age to advertise other sites or services. Even worse is if you are adding the link repeatedly, or in places where it's totally off-topic. Accounts caught spamming will be terminated permanently. Spam can also mean repeatedly posting the same content on multiple topics pages, even if it's not an advert
- No porn, shocking images, or adult content
- Do not link to illegal content (including links to copyrighted movies or TV shows) or creating content that gives instructions on how to do something illegal
- The following explains the points system used by the Moderation Team on the T9A website when the above Forum Rules are violated.
- Points may be applied to a user’s account at the discretion of the Moderation Team.
- As an account accrues points, the account will incrementally be banned on the following escalating schedule:
- 1 point - warning
- 2 points - banned for 1 day
- 3 points - banned for 1 day
- 4 points - banned for 2 days
- 5 points - banned for 1 week
- 6 points - banned for 2 weeks
- 7 points - banned for 1 month
- 8 points - banned for 3 months
- 9 points - banned for 6 months
- 10 points - banned for 1 year
- Points will last for 2 years from the date they are assigned to an account, after which they will expire
- Permanent bans will be issued to spam accounts, or in the case of particularly serious breaches of the rules
- The Moderation Team will communicate via private message why an account is receiving points, how many points are being issued for the rules violation and how many points the account currently has accrued including the currently issued point(s). The Moderation Team will communicate if the total accrued points will result in a ban, how long the ban will last and when the ban will begin
- When trying to log in with a banned account, a message will be displayed advising when that account will be allowed to access the forums
- If you believe a moderator has improperly applied points to your account, you may request that the Head of the Moderation Team review the action, and if you are a T9A staff member, or you may request the Executive Board to review the action. You may contact the project by sending an email to: email@example.com
9th Age LicensingCreative Commons Attribution-No Derivatives 4.0 International Public License By exercising the Licensed Rights (defined below), You accept and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivatives 4.0 International Public License ("Public License"). To the extent this Public License may be interpreted as a contract, You are granted the Licensed Rights in consideration of Your acceptance of these terms and conditions, and the Licensor grants You such rights in consideration of benefits the Licensor receives from making the Licensed Material available under these terms and conditions.
Section 1 - Definitions
- Adapted Material means material subject to Copyright and Similar Rights that is derived from or based upon the Licensed Material and in which the Licensed Material is translated, altered, arranged, transformed, or otherwise modified in a manner requiring permission under the Copyright and Similar Rights held by the Licensor. For purposes of this Public License, where the Licensed Material is a musical work, performance, or sound recording, Adapted Material is always produced where the Licensed Material is synched in timed relation with a moving image.
- Copyright and Similar Rights means copyright and/or similar rights closely related to copyright including, without limitation, performance, broadcast, sound recording, and Sui Generis Database Rights, without regard to how the rights are labeled or categorized. For purposes of this Public License, the rights specified in Section 2(b)(1)-(2) are not Copyright and Similar Rights.
- Effective Technological Measures means those measures that, in the absence of proper authority, may not be circumvented under laws fulfilling obligations under Article 11 of the WIPO Copyright Treaty adopted on December 20, 1996, and/or similar international agreements.
- Exceptions and Limitations means fair use, fair dealing, and/or any other exception or limitation to Copyright and Similar Rights that applies to Your use of the Licensed Material.
- Licensed Material means the artistic or literary work, database, or other material to which the Licensor applied this Public License.
- Licensed Rights means the rights granted to You subject to the terms and conditions of this Public License, which are limited to all Copyright and Similar Rights that apply to Your use of the Licensed Material and that the Licensor has authority to license.
- Licensor means the individual(s) or entity(ies) granting rights under this Public License.
- Share means to provide material to the public by any means or process that requires permission under the Licensed Rights, such as reproduction, public display, public performance, distribution, dissemination, communication, or importation, and to make material available to the public including in ways that members of the public may access the material from a place and at a time individually chosen by them.
- Sui Generis Database Rights means rights other than copyright resulting from Directive 96/9/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 March 1996 on the legal protection of databases, as amended and/or succeeded, as well as other essentially equivalent rights anywhere in the world.
- You means the individual or entity exercising the Licensed Rights under this Public License. Your has a corresponding meaning.
Section 2 - Scope
- Licence grant.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of this Public License, the Licensor hereby grants You a worldwide, royalty-free, non-sublicensable, non-exclusive, irrevocable license to exercise the Licensed Rights in the Licensed Material to:
- reproduce and Share the Licensed Material, in whole or in part; and
- produce and reproduce, but not Share, Adapted Material.
- Exceptions and Limitations. For the [lexicon]avoidance[/lexicon] of doubt, where Exceptions and Limitations apply to Your use, this Public License does not apply, and You do not need to comply with its terms and conditions.
- Term. The term of this Public License is specified in Section 6(a).
- Media and formats; technical modifications allowed. The Licensor authorizes You to exercise the Licensed Rights in all media and formats whether now known or hereafter created, and to make technical modifications necessary to do so. The Licensor waives and/or agrees not to assert any right or authority to forbid You from making technical modifications necessary to exercise the Licensed Rights, including technical modifications necessary to circumvent Effective Technological Measures. For purposes of this Public License, simply making modifications authorized by this Section 2(a)(4) never produces Adapted Material.
- Downstream recipients.
- Offer from the Licensor – Licensed Material. Every recipient of the Licensed Material automatically receives an offer from the Licensor to exercise the Licensed Rights under the terms and conditions of this Public License.
- No downstream restrictions. You may not offer or impose any additional or different terms or conditions on, or apply any Effective Technological Measures to, the Licensed Material if doing so restricts exercise of the Licensed Rights by any recipient of the Licensed Material.
- No endorsement. Nothing in this Public License constitutes or may be construed as permission to assert or imply that You are, or that Your use of the Licensed Material is, connected with, or sponsored, endorsed, or granted official status by, the Licensor or others designated to receive attribution as provided in Section 3(a)(1)(A)(i).
- Other rights.
- Moral rights, such as the right of integrity, are not licensed under this Public License, nor are publicity, privacy, and/or other similar personality rights; however, to the extent possible, the Licensor waives and/or agrees not to assert any such rights held by the Licensor to the limited extent necessary to allow You to exercise the Licensed Rights, but not otherwise.
- Patent and trademark rights are not licensed under this Public License.
- To the extent possible, the Licensor waives any right to collect royalties from You for the exercise of the Licensed Rights, whether directly or through a collecting society under any voluntary or waivable statutory or compulsory licensing scheme. In all other cases the Licensor expressly reserves any right to collect such royalties.
Section 3 – License ConditionsYour exercise of the Licensed Rights is expressly made subject to the following conditions.
- If You Share the Licensed Material, You must:
- retain the following if it is supplied by the Licensor with the Licensed Material:
- identification of the creator(s) of the Licensed Material and any others designated to receive attribution, in any reasonable manner requested by the Licensor (including by pseudonym if designated);
- a copyright notice;
- a notice that refers to this Public License;
- a notice that refers to the disclaimer of warranties;
- a URI or hyperlink to the Licensed Material to the extent reasonably practicable;
- indicate if You modified the Licensed Material and retain an indication of any previous modifications; and
- indicate the Licensed Material is licensed under this Public License, and include the text of, or the URI or hyperlink to, this Public License.
- You may satisfy the conditions in Section 3(a)(1) in any reasonable manner based on the medium, means, and context in which You Share the Licensed Material. For example, it may be reasonable to satisfy the conditions by providing a URI or hyperlink to a resource that includes the required information.
- If requested by the Licensor, You must remove any of the information required by Section 3(a)(1)(A) to the extent reasonably practicable.
Section 4 – Sui Generis Database Rights.Where the Licensed Rights include Sui Generis Database Rights that apply to Your use of the Licensed Material:
- for the avoidance of doubt, Section 2(a)(1) grants You the right to extract, reuse, reproduce, and Share all or a substantial portion of the contents of the database, provided You do not Share Adapted Material;
- if You include all or a substantial portion of the database contents in a database in which You have Sui Generis Database Rights, then the database in which You have Sui Generis Database Rights (but not its individual contents) is Adapted Material; and
- You must comply with the conditions in Section 3(a) if You Share all or a substantial portion of the contents of the database.
Section 5 – Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability.
- Unless otherwise separately undertaken by the Licensor, to the extent possible, the Licensor offers the Licensed Material as-is and as-available, and makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the Licensed Material, whether express, implied, statutory, or other. This includes, without limitation, warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, absence of latent or other defects, accuracy, or the presence or absence of errors, whether or not known or discoverable. Where disclaimers of warranties are not allowed in full or in part, this disclaimer may not apply to You.
- To the extent possible, in no event will the Licensor be liable to You on any legal theory (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise for any direct, special, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, exemplary, or other losses, costs, expenses, or damages arising out of this Public License or use of the Licensed Material, even if the Licensor has been advised of the possibility of such losses, costs, expenses, or damages. Where a limitation of liability is not allowed in full or in part, this limitation may not apply to You.
- The disclaimer of warranties and limitation of liability provided above shall be interpreted in a manner that, to the extent possible, most closely approximates an absolute disclaimer and waiver of all liability.
Section 6 – Term and Termination
- This Public License applies for the term of the Copyright and Similar Rights licensed here. However, if You fail to comply with this Public License, then Your rights under this Public License terminate automatically.
- Where Your right to use the Licensed Material has terminated under Section 6(a), it reinstates:
- automatically as of the date the violation is cured, provided it is cured within 30 days of Your discovery of the violation; or
- upon express reinstatement by the Licensor.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Licensor may also offer the Licensed Material under separate terms or conditions or stop distributing the Licensed Material at any time; however, doing so will not terminate this Public License.
- Sections 1, 5, 6, 7, and 8 survive termination of this Public License.
Section 7 – Other Terms and Conditions
- The Licensor shall not be bound by any additional or different terms or conditions communicated by You unless expressly agreed.
- Any arrangements, understandings, or agreements regarding the Licensed Material not stated herein are separate from and independent of the terms and conditions of this Public License.
Section 8 – Interpretation
- For the avoidance of doubt, this Public License does not, and shall not be interpreted to, reduce, limit, restrict, or impose conditions on any use of the Licensed Material that could lawfully be made without permission under this Public License.
- To the extent possible, if any provision of this Public License is deemed unenforceable, it shall be automatically reformed to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable. If the provision cannot be reformed, it shall be severed from this Public License without affecting the enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions.
- No term or condition of this Public License will be waived and no failure to comply consented to unless expressly agreed to by the Licensor.
- Nothing in this Public License constitutes or may be interpreted as a limitation upon, or waiver of, any privileges and immunities that apply to the Licensor or You, including from the legal processes of any jurisdiction or authority.
9th Age GalleryPictures uploaded at our websites gallery are licensed under the Creative Commons Public License as the rest of the website (see 9th Age license for details) and can be subject of publications and promotion material for the 9th Age project.
(Last update: Mar 22nd 2022, 10:43pm)