Champions in challenge

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is available! You can read all about it in the news.

The brand new army book for Infernal Dwarves is finally available, along with a small surprise! Remember that it is a beta version, and provide us your feedback!

• No you can't allocate hits in a challenge.

But on page 82 you can find this

"If enough Wounds are suffered by R&F models in order to wipe out the entireunit, any remaining Wounds suffered are allocated at the Champion even if it is fighting in a Challenge."
      Rules Questions?

ETC 2016 - Referee
      ETC 2017 Warm-up Herford - Head Judge
      ETC 2017 Salamanca - Head Judge
      ETC 2018 - Team Sweden - Ogre Khans
      ETC 2019 - Team Sweden
    • I was actually thinking regarding the interface between Swirling Melee (p50) where it says that attacks always can be distributed to R&F models (not mentioning specific champions) and the phrase you referred to on page 82. As I understand swirling melee do not care if the only R&F model left is the champion in a challenge. You can still attack him with this rule by attacking the unit, and due to the rule on page 82 it will carry over to him?
      I do think that this is not the intention but anyhow how I would read it RAW.

From the beginning of the rule book: Rank­ and ­FileNormal models in a unit are called Rank­ and ­File models (R&F). Characters are not R&F models, but all other modelsare.
    • A question about challenges and playing WotDG this is going to come up again... So the other day in a combat I had two units charge into a character on a monster. My champion which was in a unit of monstrous Cav issued a challenge and was accepted, which put the other giant just sitting out doing nothing. In this scenario can units or characters drop out of combat using the Dropping out of Combat rule page 52.. No more foes rule Page 54?

Thanks
    • Riismanden wrote:

I was actually thinking regarding the interface between Swirling Melee (p50) where it says that attacks always can be distributed to R&F models (not mentioning specific champions) and the phrase you referred to on page 82. As I understand swirling melee do not care if the only R&F model left is the champion in a challenge. You can still attack him with this rule by attacking the unit, and due to the rule on page 82 it will carry over to him?
      I do think that this is not the intention but anyhow how I would read it RAW.

From the beginning of the rule book: Rank­ and ­FileNormal models in a unit are called Rank­ and ­File models (R&F). Characters are not R&F models, but all other modelsare.
      No that's not what that rule is for. That rule is to prevent a frontline of characters being able to shield their unit. If you can attack one model in a unit, you can attack the R&F in that unit. But they can't allocate on the champion since he is in a challenge. But if there was one R&F left except the champion, they could attack him and all overkill would transfer to the champion, even if in a challenge.
      Rules Questions?

ETC 2016 - Referee
      ETC 2017 Warm-up Herford - Head Judge
      ETC 2017 Salamanca - Head Judge
      ETC 2018 - Team Sweden - Ogre Khans
      ETC 2019 - Team Sweden