SYDNEY 30th/31st of July - 9th Age DOUBLES TOURNAMENT….oh yeah….(2400pts) aka ….An Uninvited Alliance…?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

• SYDNEY 30th/31st of July - 9th Age DOUBLES TOURNAMENT….oh yeah….(2400pts) aka ….An Uninvited Alliance…?

Hey hey!

Thanks to NICK for reviving Sydney Slaughter as well as generously sparing eight boards out I guess we have an event at the covenant 99 on York. For those that have been to Sydney Slaughter you know and I know it will be a blast

So what do we plan to do. Due to the limited board space and undesignated spot shot/beer prizes that will be handed out during each round we thought hey let's keep the fun at 100 so our plan is to do a DOUBLES event...

Yes you heard right so please find your friend and make an Alliance or you can just turn up and put your fate in the hands of the Sorting Hat...aka A Christmas Stocking...or a fish bowl...? And thus have an Uninvited Alliance see get it

Anyways….If your not up for a doubles tournament but would prefer a singles event please put down your interest and we may change it but at the moment we want doubles since it gets more people in and trust me! You want to be in

Okay onto the actual DETAILS ~~~~~~ IMPORTANT INFORMATION! PLEASE TAKE NOTE!

Two Day (30th and 31st of July) Tournament

Venue - 99 on York

Format - 5 games of 2400pts (Teams of 2 - each with 1200pts)

Deployment - Standard, Diagonal, Flank Attack, Diagonal, Standard

Secondary Objective - Rolled at the Beginning of Each Round

Lists - Teams can be selected from any two of the 9th Age Armies - Two of the same army is ill advised…

Lists Due Date - 20th of July - this is to check for certain Over the top builds - ReSubmits may be enforced…please don't make me do this….

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ GAMEPLAY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So how does one play doubles i hear you say….???

Basic Principles --- Treat your team mates units as neither friend nor enemy ---

Movement --- You can never go within 1' of your team mates units unless making a Charge, Overrun or Pursuit move…

Panic --- If you do end within 1' of your team mates units due to Panic, assume that your team mates unit was one of your own and jump over into a legal spot at least 1' away. You never can be forced to take a Panic Test from your team mates units at any time, place or situation.

Fleeing --- You can flee through your team mates units…..pretend it was friendly unit except as mention above no Panic Test

Magic Phase --- Power and Dispel Dice are shared, you can split them however you want…..as if you were one Army…however each Player gets to make a channelling attempt based off their own individual army/modifiers….you cannot target your team mates units with any Augment, Hex or Universal spells….however Line Templates and Vortexes are fair game….NOTHING LIKE A BIT OF BETRAYAL? OR WAS IT?

Shooting --- Yes your team mates units do count towards your opponents cover

Combat --- Only in the combat phase do you count your opponent as a friendly unit for the reasons of special attacks and other base to base abilities that can happen…in a multiple unit combat, count each team as one side…therefore you count the highest rank bonus, standards only once, BSBs only once, and etc….

~~~~ If you can think of anything I haven't thought about please shoot me a question…I'll do my utmost to come up with a reasonable answer with consultation…

THANK YOU FOR READING TOO HERE….

Interested Players:

1. Hugo Chui (T.O / just here to fill numbers )
      2. Scott Thompson
      3. Alex Thompson
      4. Henry Bullen
      5. Arami Woodbury
      6. Iain Holt

Many thanks again!!!