Ludaman hires the most talented miniature painters in the world to build his Kingdom!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

Wow such amazing paint Jobs. In particular I really love your duke, pegasii and damsels. Do you have an army shot of all the knights? Also, the conversions are EPIC.
      KoE gentleman rules:

Thou shall only use (flying) horses.
      Thou shall only fight hand-to-hand, do not inflict ranged damage
      Thou shall always accept a duel
      Thou shall not retreat from an enemy
    • New

dan wrote:

Those Knights in front of that castle should just be the KoE LAB cover.
      it’s funny you should say that! Years ago I sent these exact pictures to one of the original T9A artists and commissioned some artwork to donate to the project. No need for it to be the cover lol, but I did want to immortalize my army of little toy soldiers in T9A history. I’ll definitely be getting a hardback copy of the KoE FAB whenever it’s finally finished.
    • New

Just wow. I am in love. I can't stop looking at that first picture of the grails and that wide army shot. Absolutely stunning and inspirational, a real piece of artwork. Also excellent as the red is so similar to my own planned colour scheme. You can count on this becoming my aspiration pictures (as the German painter GeOrc used to be my DE role model).

Thank you for investing in this art and bringing KoE to these highest of standards. As I have a compact GW Bretonnian force as well I am starting to realize how valuable these models are.

We are truly blessed as KoE. Can't wait for @Marcos24 to field and have a painted a similar size army as well to provide inspiration for the alternative models.
      KoE gentleman rules:

• New

SirMC2015 wrote:

My only complaint- they are GW models. I’m sure @Marcos24 can make you better models

Of course he can! Marcos has become a super talent in a short period of time… but…

the backstory for the entire project is this:

when I saw the writing on the wall and started to hear rumors that GW was going to blow up the entire Warhammer world (before T9A was but a twinkle in an ETC player’s eye). I started frantically collecting every single old-school-Perry-sculpted-5thedition-metal Bretonnian miniature I could find. Some of the metal questing knights took years. @dan can vouch, he helped me find some of the toughest ones.

Since I assumed this would be my final Warhammer army I decided to send them all off to be painted by professionals because I’d never have the opportunity to get new versions of the minis ever again.

So yes, if I had a time machine I might go back and save all the $$$ I spent and instead send Marcos’s stuff off to Poland and Spain for painting (and damn would that be a cool army!), but considering that the value of the unpainted GW metals in the army is probably now in the 3-5k range, I don’t feel too bad :)

but I do feel a little bad :)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Ludaman ().

• New

We can have both options. :D

This piece of artwork (how many more knights do you own that will enlighten our eyes?) and the future army of Marcos. I believe that talent will help to lift the rest of up higher as well.

It is not only bringing this force of noble knights to highest standards, it is lifting the whole miniature aspect to a higher level for both superb marketing for these artists + what is possible with a plan, thus creating an awe-inspiring experience by just going through these 42 pages.

I will also scrounge the local markets here in NL.

How cool would it be that our LAB & armies have such inspiring and well-painted models that you can literally taste fantasy becoming reality.
      KoE gentleman rules:

• New

Ludaman wrote:

dan wrote:

it’s funny you should say that! Years ago I sent these exact pictures to one of the original T9A artists and commissioned some artwork to donate to the project. No need for it to be the cover lol, but I did want to immortalize my army of little toy soldiers in T9A history. I’ll definitely be getting a hardback copy of the KoE FAB whenever it’s finally finished.
      I think I speak for many people here when I say that photos of painted armies like that are what got me into this silly hobby in the first place, and those recent picture look like they’re straight out of a early 2000’s White Dwarf. While I share Mark’s disdain for GW as a company, I love their early fantasy miniatures, and I think that those 5th-6th edition metals you’ve worked so hard to acquire are phenomenal sculpts and that your collection is the best I’ve ever seen them look.

Anyway, thank you for continuing to share your collection as it grows. In an age of round bases and CGI, there’s something really magical about seeing a beautifully and meticulously painted miniatures lined up on parade. For me these photos aren’t just art, they’re a window to emotions and memories, and for that I’m very grateful.
    • New

dan wrote:

Ludaman wrote:

dan wrote:

I think I speak for many people here when I say that photos of painted armies like that are what got me into this silly hobby in the first place, and those recent picture look like they’re straight out of a early 2000’s White Dwarf. While I share Mark’s disdain for GW as a company, I love their early fantasy miniatures, and I think that those 5th-6th edition metals you’ve worked so hard to acquire are phenomenal sculpts and that your collection is the best I’ve ever seen them look.
      Anyway, thank you for continuing to share your collection as it grows. In an age of round bases and CGI, there’s something really magical about seeing a beautifully and meticulously painted miniatures lined up on parade. For me these photos aren’t just art, they’re a window to emotions and memories, and for that I’m very grateful.
      Absolutely. This is why people start collecting, building and playing with fantasy armies. Well said. It is not just art, it is deep imagination, emotional exploration and legendary feelings. Ludaman you just managed to create single-handed the same experience that the million-dollar company Games Workshop managed to create. Well done.
      KoE gentleman rules: