Frenzy Chargerange

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Fellow T9A gamers, it's finally time for the annual balance update. Not a moment too soon! Find all information about it in our news.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is available! You can read all about it in the news.

The brand new army book for Infernal Dwarves is finally available, along with a small surprise! Remember that it is a beta version, and provide us your feedback!

• Frenzy Chargerange

Question!

A frenzied unit is in maximm charge range. Example: Crusher Knights M 7 + 12 = 19"

I place my Dwarven Unit with Thane BSB exactly 18,5 from them away... this will force them to test and maybe declare a charge. BUT the Thane got Runic Standart of Dismay... resulting in at least a -1 on the charge, making even a 7+12 charge a 18 which is not enough... with this, do the crushers have to test anway?

All answers appreaciated. :)
    • Beardling wrote:

Question!

A frenzied unit is in maximm charge range. Example: Crusher Knights M 7 + 12 = 19"

I place my Dwarven Unit with Thane BSB exactly 18,5 from them away... this will force them to test and maybe declare a charge. BUT the Thane got Runic Standart of Dismay... resulting in at least a -1 on the charge, making even a 7+12 charge a 18 which is not enough... with this, do the crushers have to test anway?

All answers appreaciated. :)

Technically it always takes the test, but only has to declare a charge if there is a viable charge target. (According to the BRB Frenzy rule).

Since 'closest viable enemy unit' is nowhere defined, on the plain meaning of the words I'd say that charge is not viable. There is no possible world in which it would be able to complete that charge.

Now, if you were 17.5 inches away (assuming i remember what Standard of Dismay does correctly), then it would be viable - if you roll a '1' and he rolls boxcars, he can make it.
      Just because I'm on the Legal Team doesn't mean I know anything about rules or background in development, and if/when I do, I won't be posting about it. All opinions and speculation are my own - treat them as such.

Legal

Playtester

Chariot Command HQ