Saurian Ancients - Background and Theme

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

• Giladis wrote:

Hi guys :)

For some reason the SA forum is missing the official pinned topic on background that is used by the background team to gather opinions and ideas about the background of the faction.

So to remedy that I am opening this topic and am looking forward to your cooperation as the BGT will soon work on finalising the SA background.

To help us out please answer the following questions and consult the already released parts of the background to get the sense of the general direction we will take with the Saurian Ancients.

1) Choose 5 adjectives that in your opinion describe the Saurian Ancients the best

Mystic
    Alien (not the UFO or ET kind, but more a way of thinking too distant and different from human or even from the elven one)
    Specialized
    Unyelding
    Far-seeing

2) What is your favourite theme/thrope associated with the SA like factions/creatures in fantasy

I like tha Mayan/Aztec theme in the army which comes nicely with the mystic of the army. I also like the magical/ prophetical theme with the saurus as loyal warrior born and bred to fight the demons and defend the Cuatl without mercy, the skinks using poison, guerilla and dinosaurs to fight the enemies and the Caimans using brute force.
    I think I'm the only one who is ok with the robot-like saurus without emotions. They are warriors they are born to fight, that's the only thing they do and want to do (so are the Caimans). Skinks are artisans and priests (who were also "scientist" in the Mayan society), so they are able to think freely. Anyway I always liked the idea that it is an army around the Cuatl and its powerful magic. Doing whatever it takes to do the Cuatl's bidding and to protect him.

3) What is your least favourite theme/thrope associated with the SA like factions/creatures in fantasy

I don't like the extraterrestrial theme, I prefer them to be a very ancient (if not the most ancient) race, who was flourishing when the elves learnt how to use fire.

Have fun and know that we are reading :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by MxM ().

• Giladis wrote:

Hi guys :)

For some reason the SA forum is missing the official pinned topic on background that is used by the background team to gather opinions and ideas about the background of the faction.

So to remedy that I am opening this topic and am looking forward to your cooperation as the BGT will soon work on finalising the SA background.

To help us out please answer the following questions and consult the already released parts of the background to get the sense of the general direction we will take with the Saurian Ancients.

1) Choose 5 adjectives that in your opinion describe the Saurian Ancients the best

-High Moral
    -Realy structed culture (Cuatl -> Skink as leaders -> Sauria Warriors - Workers (Kroxie , Stegadon and so on)
    -Strongest Mage on planet moving Mountains , destroying city and so on only with higher a finger
    -Realy intelligent leader , stupid followers for fighting and working
    -Aztek /Maya kulture (Occult practices )
    -Slow
    -Natural Armor

2) What is your favourite theme/thrope associated with the SA like factions/creatures in fantasy

- Teacher for lower cultures and getting real accident if this lower cultures can survive on there own.
    - The Saurian ancients should have the strongest mages cause no creature is older and has more wisdom then a Cuatl .
    - Skinks are doing occult things cuatl and also skink shamans are reading in the stars.
    - Hard to break Saurian Units the are cold blooded as Hell
    - High Culture but ancient.

"And after the elves and dwarf got an level to maybe survive alone, the cuatl lords decided to let them alone only using them to fight there fights without the know they do it."

3) What is your least favourite theme/thrope associated with the SA like factions/creatures in fantasy
    - Primitive SA are a high culture they have more wisdom then all other cultures together. They fight longer then any other excisting culture they have the best tatik to fight. All this speaks against primitiv.

Head of Playtesting

Lord of Chaos , Duke of Equitaine , Cuatl of the Golden City , Herold of the Empire , Summoner of Pestilence , Lord of the Sea WotdG,KoE,SA,EoS, and DL and new HE but with Dragon Empire Ordo Sanctae Mariae Teutonicorum