Pinned Battlescribe files for T9A 2.0

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

• Shukran wrote:

Warriors may select wdg banner icon of the infinite which shouldnt be select-able by CORE entries, which gives, anyway, an error in red.
    Can you elaborate? Which error is given and how (what does "in red" mean?). Is it insufficient from your perspective to see an error instead of hiding the entry alltogether?

lemariont wrote:

Still no cost for mounts on ios.....
    Any advance on the problem?
    As said before: Our team (sadly) has zero influence on this matter. We'd like to fix that, but can't. Any questions of advancement here are misplaced. Several places you might find more information:

Tool Support Battle Scribe

Community Engagement

My blog with battle reports and painting gallery: bleaklegion.wordpress.com/
  • infamousme wrote:

orcs and goblins 2.1.5 v23
    No option for crossbow+heavy armor orc boyz.
    "Orc Boyz" do not register. No unit with that name.

But Orcs from OnG do have that option, unless you make them into Feral Orcs (then they have access to Mammoth Stabbers instead).
    Current OnG revision is 25. Please update your BS files.

Community Engagement

• The Character Mount problem on IOS won't be resolved until Battlescribe gets IOS to version 2.03.16... so it's just a waiting game for all us impacted I'm afraid. Thankfully, I also have an Android device and a Desktop with version 2.03.16 so mounts do work correctly. But I do prefer my IOS :(

Thank you to all of the Tool Support peoples keeping Battlescribe awesome and up-to-date to the best of your abilities!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nerocrossius ().

• Nerocrossius wrote:

The Character Mount problem on IOS won't be resolved until Battlescribe gets IOS to version 2.03.16... so it's just a waiting game for all us impacted I'm afraid. Thankfully, I also have Android device and a Desktop with version 2.03.16 so do mounts work correctly. But I do prefer my IOS :(

Thank you to all of the Tool Support peoples keeping Battlescribe awesome and up-to-date to the best of your abilities!
    Seconded. X
  • Nerocrossius wrote:

The Character Mount problem on IOS won't be resolved until Battlescribe gets IOS to version 2.03.16... so it's just a waiting game for all us impacted I'm afraid. Thankfully, I also have an Android device and a Desktop with version 2.03.16 so mounts do work correctly. But I do prefer my IOS :(

Very much appreciated!
    The state of BattleScribe on iOS is very sad. Personally I don't understand what the problem is, so I hope it gets resolved soon. All I can ask of you Apple users is to hang tight, knowing everything should work out eventually. Thank you for your patience and reporting the problems!

With 2.2 out, we once again try to be faster than those splitters from 9thbuilder, New Recruit, and Army Builder work as fast as possible to give you good support for your upcoming games.

We also try to include some quality of life changes, we kindly ask for your feedback, whether the following are actual improvements:

1. bringing back the separate core entries for WDG Warhounds, Barbarian Horsemen and OnG Goblin Raiders, as integrating them into one caused a lot of confusion. Many players didn't recognize they automatically counted towards core, when 8+.
    2. We also changed the way how Banner Enchantments for units are displayed. The selection is now flatter, using less clicks to select a banner. (This is not in all armies, yet. But at least for OnG, WDG and some others)
    3. We also want to make path selection with Essence of a Free Mind better. Currently a prototype is implemented on the OK Shaman. If you want to have a look wait for the next release and check it out.

Community Engagement

• DarkSky wrote:

1. bringing back the separate core entries for WDG Warhounds, Barbarian Horsemen and OnG Goblin Raiders, as integrating them into one caused a lot of confusion. Many players didn't recognize they automatically counted towards core, when 8+.
    2. We also changed the way how Banner Enchantments for units are displayed. The selection is now flatter, using less clicks to select a banner. (This is not in all armies, yet. But at least for OnG, WDG and some others)
    3. We also want to make path selection with Essence of a Free Mind better. Currently a prototype is implemented on the OK Shaman. If you want to have a look wait for the next release and check it out.

1. Yes please, the old way was better :)
    2. Er, frankly I didn't notice that in WDG. Data version 2.1.30, is it there already?
    3. I don't use essence, so I don't mind. Btw I think with the new rules it won't see much use, so the problem might just disappear ;)

Thanks for your amazing work!
  • New Release 2.2.1
    (yay for 2.2)

New Versions
    • * 2.2 update: EoS
    • * 2.2 update: BRB/Arcane Compendium

Shiny New Stuff (Enhancements)
    • * EoS: Unit banners converted to new flatter model
    • * EoS: Shield enchantments as separate entry
    • * EoS: Character enchantment access based on class
    • * BRB: Preliminary work for heights and Wizard levels
    • * WDG: Warhounds and Barbarian Horsemen separate core entries re-introduced
    • * OnG: Goblin Raiders separate core entries re-introduced
    • * SA: Unit banners converted to new flatter model
    • * SA: Character enchantment access based on class
    • * OK: Unit banners converted to new flatter model
    • * OK: Character enchantment access based on class
    • * OK: Essence of a Free Mind: Improved usability for Shaman.

Bug Fixes
    • OK: Special Items limit when wildheart on Mammoth Hunter
    • HE: Allow Eagle for Mage Adept in Cavalier army
    • Open and known issues:
      • iOS users see all mounts (and other shared selection entries) as 0 pts. This is an issue with BattleScribe itself, not with our army files. The same works on Android and Desktop. The fix will most likely happen in 2.03.16.
      • ID: Lamassu mount incapable of selecting Wizard Adept upgrade. We're on it, should be in one of the next updates.

Breaking Points
    (The following contains a list of things that are most likely to break when doing an upgrade. We introduce this list to give you a warning. If there is something on this list and you like to keep your army lists, save them before applying the update. This list is on a best-can-do basis and does not claim to be comprehensive in all cases. Kindly let us know, if this section is of help to you.)
    • * EoS: Most special equipment will probably be deleted, defaulting to an empty selection, unit banner enchantments will definitely do so
    • * OK: Shaman path selections, especially when Essence of a Free Mind was equipped will most likely be deleted or don't make sense anymore
    • * OK: Most special equipment will probably be deleted, defaulting to an empty selection, unit banner enchantments will definitely do so
    • * SA: Most special equipment will probably be deleted, defaulting to an empty selection, unit banner enchantments will definitely do so

Please continue to supply feedback and bug reports. If you specifically like a new feature or request an enhancement, this helps us a lot in deciding where to invest our time to improve.

@greentide @Nerocrossius @rzmoz @Hebus @Shukran @infamousme

(Reminder: As always, there is a time delay, between the release of the files by me and when they will be picked up by BattleScribe. I will inform you here, when I noticed. You can check for yourself on battlescribedata.appspot.com/#/repo/The-9th-Age where you can see the timestamp of the last update.)

Community Engagement

• DarkSky wrote:

Nerocrossius wrote:

The Character Mount problem on IOS won't be resolved until Battlescribe gets IOS to version 2.03.16... so it's just a waiting game for all us impacted I'm afraid. Thankfully, I also have an Android device and a Desktop with version 2.03.16 so mounts do work correctly. But I do prefer my IOS :(

Very much appreciated!The state of BattleScribe on iOS is very sad. Personally I don't understand what the problem is, so I hope it gets resolved soon. All I can ask of you Apple users is to hang tight, knowing everything should work out eventually. Thank you for your patience and reporting the problems!

With 2.2 out, we once again try to be faster than those splitters from 9thbuilder, New Recruit, and Army Builder work as fast as possible to give you good support for your upcoming games.

We also try to include some quality of life changes, we kindly ask for your feedback, whether the following are actual improvements:

3. We also want to make path selection with Essence of a Free Mind better. Currently a prototype is implemented on the OK Shaman. If you want to have a look wait for the next release and check it out

1. Yes the previous version was much better, please add also VC dire wolves to the list

I really appreciate your work, thank you very much making our hobby lives easier :D
  • Shukran wrote:

But what version bs will reach after this patch( other than looking at patch date)?
    There are different versions running around, I don't know which one you meant and which patch you meant?

Here's what I know:

BattleScribe Application
    • Current versions: 2.03.10 (desktop), 2.03.16 (Android), 2.03.06 (iOS)
    • Next versions: I have no idea, when how or with which content they will arrive. Usually minor changes will update the last digit, and major versions the second one. It follows Semantic Versioning quite well on that regard.
    T9A Army Files
    • Current revision numbers can be seen here: battlescribedata.appspot.com/#/repo/The-9th-Age we always count them up by one per fix/update we make. The revision numbers are mainly there to see when/if something has changed, as you can see them easily in the application you can see whether your files are up-to-date. These numbers are not meant to and will never align to anything, so e.g. WDG rev50 can be much older than OnG rev35 and DE rev12 may represent the 2.2 version, while OK rev12 may represent the 2.0 version.
    • Current rule version numbers in the files (Note: This is only a label we put there, it has no semantical meaning): We always match the number of the army file book our update is based on. So currently they are named 2.1.5 and 2.1.6 mostly. These will change in the next round of updates to 2.2. You can use them to see, to which T9A rule version a file belongs and report errors.
    • The army files at a whole also have a release version. It's not featured prominently and mainly an internal number, but I always post it here, when a new release of the army files is created. Currently that version is 2.2.1 it should go live later this day. I will always match the first two digits with the T9A version, and count up the last digit incrementally. As I do not have any tooling to check, if a change is breaking or non-breaking, this versioning doesn't follow Semantic Versioning, but as you do not have any choice to update to specific versions at all, this is of little consequence. Expect the next versions for the 2.2 updates to arrive in the next few days. To be up-to-date subscribe to this thread, we will anounce every update here. If you are using an RSS/Atom feed reader you can subscribe it to battlescribedata.appspot.com/repos/feeds/The-9th-Age.atom and you will get notifications for new versions as well.

@Klexe come on man, we do have a private life as well. Nobody worked on 2.2 KoE, yet ;)

Community Engagement