Is Dice Age the Only Spot for T9 in the NW?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

• Hello! So there isn't really anyone in "charge" of promoting 9th Age in the area. I started up up the Facebook group and run it, along with some other admins active in the area. @The Beninator ran the 9th Age tournament at OFCC last year and will be doing to so this year, which is pretty much the largest 9th Age tournament in the area.

Dice Age has been the spot where players in the Portland / Vancouver (WA) area have been meeting, mostly due to the great terrain and available tables (plus the shop is great too), but it's certainly not the only place in the area. A bunch of the guys are in Portland and will get games going at Red Castle or Portland Game Store (I've played at Guardian too). Outside of the Portland area, there is a pretty active community up in Bellingham, and I know there are a couple of players in the Seattle area.

I know locally we're all excited for 2.0! I don't know anything about seminars or "quick plays," but there are games going on.

I see a lot of communication happening on the Ordo Fanaticus boards (ordofanaticus.com/), although I do think talking via Facebook or these forums would also help promote the game more. I will talk to the other guys about possibly doing so (I know I'm guilty of this as well).

Actually, I think I'll post a thread about this weekend now! In your near Vancouver / PDX, hope we'll be able to meet for some games, and if you're interested in attending the tournament in March just let me know and I'll get you on the list :)

-Andrew
    • In efforts to make sure we are reaching as many people as possible for our T9A meetups, I will try to post here anytime that I know folks are meeting.

So, to begin, this Saturday (1/20) a group of perhaps 3+ of us are planning on meeting at Dice Age games in Vancouver WA at noon. We may play a couple singles, or get crazy and try a 2v2. We typically play 4500 points, but feel free to pipe in with other suggestions.

Adding @cradon as he is the only soul I have seen browse this subfourm in nearly a year.

Reply here if you are interested, we are always happy to teach a new/returning player too!
    • shadoweyed wrote:

A couple friends and I typically play at one of our homes in the Forest Grove area, it's a bit of a drive from Portland but not too bad. We don't play terribly often, I think I'm getting in my third game tonight since the BETA release, and we've been playing 5k points. There aren't many game stores out this way.
      FOREST GROVE?? How did I only hear about this now!
      That's a heck of a lot closer to me than Vancouver.
      If you don't mind strangers hit me up next time you're planning something. My house got upgraded so I could also probably host on occasion.
      With Vancouver I can only play on weekends, but Forest Grove I could actually get to during the week.

The only stores I know of out here are Rainy Day on 8 and... a store that opened last year on Washington St west of the hospital. Just found it, Rune and Board on Washington and 2nd. I've not played at either but I have visited. Rainy Day has a play area that appears to be dominated by Magic, I'm not sure if they even have an 4x6. Rune and Board is pretty small. They seem to have a play area, maybe two or three tables. I'm not sure of the terrain at either location.
      Please leave your assassins at the door.
    • ValourUnbound wrote:

shadoweyed wrote:

A couple friends and I typically play at one of our homes in the Forest Grove area, it's a bit of a drive from Portland but not too bad. We don't play terribly often, I think I'm getting in my third game tonight since the BETA release, and we've been playing 5k points. There aren't many game stores out this way.
      FOREST GROVE?? How did I only hear about this now!That's a heck of a lot closer to me than Vancouver.
      If you don't mind strangers hit me up next time you're planning something. My house got upgraded so I could also probably host on occasion.
      With Vancouver I can only play on weekends, but Forest Grove I could actually get to during the week.

The only stores I know of out here are Rainy Day on 8 and... a store that opened last year on Washington St west of the hospital. Just found it, Rune and Board on Washington and 2nd. I've not played at either but I have visited. Rainy Day has a play area that appears to be dominated by Magic, I'm not sure if they even have an 4x6. Rune and Board is pretty small. They seem to have a play area, maybe two or three tables. I'm not sure of the terrain at either location.
      For sure, I'll PM when we get together for another game, I should have the ability to set up two tables if needed. Terrain may be a little sparse for my taste with two tables going, but I'm working on making more.

Last I looked, Rainy Day stopped supporting anything bigger than Warmachine and Hordes, but they may have started back up, I haven't been in a while. Rune and Board looks like it has 'Warhammer Open Play' Tuesday and Saturday nights.
      Armies: OK :OK: , EoS :EoS: , BH :BH: and SA :SA: