Vancouver / PDX Meet-Up Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

• Hey guys, first time poster here. I just discovered the existence of T9A, and I'm really interested in starting an army and getting some games in! I'm in the Corvallis area, so I can commute to Portland to play some games. I'm just wondering how big the scene is in Portland/Vancouver and if there are a reliable number of T9A players to make learning the rules worth it.

I never played fantasy, but I have been a casual 40k player for many year. I always wanted to play fantasy, but never got into it for one reason or another. The release of AoS really opened my eyes to what fantasy was, and to be honest it sounded really fun... Iwas disappointed that GW killed it off, but seeing that T9A exists, I'm eager to give it a go as a decent alternative to fantasy.

P.S Have you guys heard of the unofficial Warhammer 9th edition rulebook some hobbyists made? warhammerarmiesproject.blogspo…edition-beta-out-now.html

Just wondering in case there is a player base for this version of rules too. Anyway, thanks for reading! Hope to maybe to start an army and get some games in at some point!
    • Potion_Knight wrote:

Hey guys, first time poster here. I just discovered the existence of T9A, and I'm really interested in starting an army and getting some games in! I'm in the Corvallis area, so I can commute to Portland to play some games. I'm just wondering how big the scene is in Portland/Vancouver and if there are a reliable number of T9A players to make learning the rules worth it.

I never played fantasy, but I have been a casual 40k player for many year. I always wanted to play fantasy, but never got into it for one reason or another. The release of AoS really opened my eyes to what fantasy was, and to be honest it sounded really fun... Iwas disappointed that GW killed it off, but seeing that T9A exists, I'm eager to give it a go as a decent alternative to fantasy.

P.S Have you guys heard of the unofficial Warhammer 9th edition rulebook some hobbyists made? warhammerarmiesproject.blogspo…edition-beta-out-now.html

Just wondering in case there is a player base for this version of rules too. Anyway, thanks for reading! Hope to maybe to start an army and get some games in at some point!
      Hello! So locally there are about 9 or 10 of us that play. We don't have a dedicated night for gaming, but there seems to be games going on about every other week. Most of the members are less active here on the forums, but we have a Google Groups that we post on to arrange games usually.

If you're intereted in "Warhammer" fantasy, then 9th Age is where it's at! I played 8th edition Warhammer, which I loved, but I personally feel that 9th Age is way better! Can't say I know anyone who plays the Warhammer 9th Edition rules you linked, I think most of the Fantasy gamers around here have either moved on to 9th Age, Infinity, or AoS/40K :)

If you are interested in getting on our mailing list, drop me a line with your email and I'll add you! Hopefully we can get a game in sometime soon!

-Andrew

PS: @The Beninator is another great person to talk to! Unlike me, he actually lives in Portland (I'm in Vancouver), and he can do stuff more often because he doesn't have a 2 year old :D
    • I loved reading the Warhammer Armies Project books until T9A came in.
      But even then I just kept playing 8th ed.
      As far as I understood, Mattias hasn't joined us, and I'm very sad about it.
      I also think most of his books regarding Nippon, China, Spain, etc. have been adapted for Ninth Age in the Homebrew section.
      GHAÂAÂAÂARN ! — The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young
      First T9A player in West Africa